I Can’t Link Mounts on Chat

Description of the issue:

When I try to link a mount, a seemingly random string of letters appears on the text window instead. Trying to send the message either gives me an error message in guild chat, or emotes “something unintelligible” on regular chat. The mount link does not appear on either chat.

I can link items, spells, pets, transmog, heirlooms, quests and toys, but not mounts from the mount collection interface.

I have tried several solutions recommended by the Customer Support forums, but none of them worked. Those included:

• Deleting the Cache, WTF and Interface folders;
  • Reloading the chat;
  • Reloading the game;
  • Repairing the game;
  • Toggling “Interactive Chat” on and off several times;
  • Changing zones.

I have no add-ons installed.

The issue happens on my Draenei Warlock. My other characters can link mounts in chat normally.

2 Likes

Same here 1 character on whole account with issues linking mounts from collection. Have done everything possible on our side in settings and files. It’s such a minor issue I feel like they just won’t fix it if it works for 99% of our characters and only so many have the actual problem.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes, I made the thread in Customer Support first, then I was told to post it here by Orlyia.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem for months, nothing seems to fix the problem and it seems rare amongst the general population of the game. Any chance someone can get this fixed?

1 Like

Adding my name to the list. Today I discovered I’m unable to link mounts in chat. I’ve also discovered my friends are not available for chat through the bnet app when I attempt to message them. It says they are not online when I send a message to them, but the friends list shows they are online. They also are confirming they are online. When I attempt to link a mount, the game shows their name followed by a blank space where the link should be.

Update: I discovered the bug is connected to my Warlock. My DK and Hunter do not have this problem.

1 Like

Trying to link a mount gives me a huge string of gibberish like this:

“|Hmount:368896:114629:IIqIVqIIrIWNIIsIWIItIWqIIuIXLIIwLPOIIxIXZIIyIXaIP\LOsIV\KxTIWWLMUIWYLMmIW]LNMIWaLNcIWbLNmIWcLNrIWeLO]Ihe]ygIhfPdTIhg]ykIhhPd[Ihi]yvIhjPd]Ihk]ylIhlPd_IhuPfRIhwPfaIhxPflIhyPfpIhzPfwIh{PgIIiIPgKIiJPglIiKPgQIiLPg[IiMPg^IiNPg_IiOPgIiP^Z”

I suspect there is more to this string but the character limit in chat kills it.

2 Likes