I believe WoW no longer needs healers

This being the first thing i see, always bodes well of whatever i’m going to read next. :grinning: /s

…I don’t think even the pro-healer-dps crowd would be silly enough to say “we don’t need healers” here, given that their arguments revolves on globals and “faster = safer fights”.

So Vanilla Holy Paladin.

I mean if their actually fine with spending their global to heal and not on DPSing…

Don’t get me wrong, i like the idea of Aug’vokers, but why do they need to come at a sacrifice of healers here?

1 Like

I genuinely think healers are an out-dated role.

Support specs like augment evokers along with self-reliant dps seems much more modern.

Well i’m glad you have that subjective opinion, But thinking it’s outdated, doesn’t mean it’s objectively outdated.

…Especially since this design of Aug evokers go as far back as Vanilla with Holy Paladin’s buffing people. The Game far past moved from that until Dragonflight.

Something being “Modern” doesn’t automatically means it’s good or better then the old way.

There’s a reason why Holy Paladins in Vanilla didn’t stick around for so long in their vanilla iteration before just becoming another healer.

1 Like

Ok I can give you a reason why healers as a role are objectively outdated:

People enjoy having control over the survival of their characters. It just feels bad for your character to die in-game and look at the death log to see that the healer did not assist (in addition to knowing the fact that your character didn’t have the tools to prevent their untimely demise).

It feels much better to see dmg incoming and then deal with it yourself or, if your character does die, you can learn how to prevent it next time

Nothing stopping you from doing this right now with all hybrid classes. Could probably get all the way to 20s with good enough people.

Maybe bear Aug spriest pally sham

What about people who play dps classes without so much self-sustain such as a rogue/mage/warrior?

What if those players want to continue playing their classes without healers?

I can’t think of a single bad thing that could happen from making DPS entirely self reliant on their HPS. There’s a game mode on the tip of my tongue… Ah, doesn’t matter.

Okay. Let’s see the objective reasons you give here then, and hopefully you won’t use subjective arguments like “feels” or talk about “enjoyment” here. I mean, you definitionally don’t want to invalidate your entire argument here by doing tha–

Le Sigh.

Idk if you’ve noticed but… enjoyment is subjective. Fun is subjective after all.

Feels is subjective. How you “feel” doesn’t really matter.

Don’t run away from healers?
Don’t break line of sight with healers?
Don’t be a jerk to them?

Without any context to give clues that could be either yours and/or the healer’s fault here, you picked a pretty nebulous reason here, so it’s pretty useless to use as an argument here.

…That’s every video game? You can’t always prevent a death from happening 100% of the time.

I’ve direct you to what i’ve said for the first time you’ve used “feels”. Moving on.

…You can learn with healers too.

I thought you’re going to give me objective reasons? Why you’re giving me subjective arguments? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

ok here’s an objective reason if you really want:

some classes like ret paladins have the tools to control their survival, it should be the same for every class.

then if every class has the tools to ensure their character’s survival, then healers are simply redundant…

you’re welcome, friend :slight_smile:

You heard it here first folks! Dumb ideas keep rolling in! Yes, let’s eliminate a role that I’m guessing 30% of the player base chooses to play. That sounds like an awesome idea.

5 Likes

“WOW no longer needs healers. And we will accomplish this by making Augs the only healer and giving them healing spells”

4 Likes

Finally.

Okay, so… setting aside this is still your subjective opinion, let’s just get down to brass tacks here … you’re practically saying you want every class to have their own version of Divine Shield and Lay on Hands… Is that correct?

equality is not subjective, my friend :slight_smile:

one class can survive without healers, equality dictates that all classes should survive without healers.

then, if all classes can survive without healers, healers are redundant…

glad we had this talk, thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain how healers are no longer needed in the game :slight_smile:

You said this… :point_down:

This is a subjective opinion. You think something should be the same for everything. I still don’t see an objective reason why it should.

The only objective thing i see you said is this…

And that was it.

You didn’t answer my question. Are you saying that every class should have their own version of divine shield and Lay of Hands, or not? A simple yes or no.

No they cant

Your talk seems to be based on a fundamental misunderstanding of game basics.

3 Likes

i did answer your question, which is why i said

if you somehow were unable to understand my post, then you are free to return to said post and re-read it, my wonderful friend :slight_smile:

I reread it.

You are still wrong.

Ret paladins can not survive in WoW without a healer.

3 Likes

yes they can.

If you stay in trivial content, I guess.

There is a reason why every single ret paladin receives healing in m+ and raiding.

4 Likes

So in a high damage environment like Mythic+, you think healers are redundant?.. Do you have a retail main by chance or… are we suspose to believe you on your word alone because you said so without so much of hint of proof here where you even encountered a situation where healers are redundant?

You didn’t say “Yes, i want them to be like ret paladin” or “No, i don’t want them to be like ret paladin”. So, no, you didn’t.

Oh okay, so… no, you don’t want every class to have Divine Shield and Lay of Hands then. Kind of contradictory to your previous comments, but i’m glad we can established that.