I believe WoW no longer needs healers

First of all, I would like to kindly thank all of you for taking the time to read my post as I greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

So with the addition of augmentation evokers, I believe that healers really are no longer needed.

Just give every dps spec some more self heals and defensives, then give Augment evokers some healing spells.

For example, augment evokers should have two ways to increase the duration of their buffs:

1. Casting empower spells that do dmg
  2. Casting empower spells that heal.

Since all specs would be given a good amount of self-healing and all players would be largely self-reliant in regards to healing, the augment evoker’s healing spells need not be very powerful just enough to help out just a bit.

Also, if WoW removed healers in favor of augmentation evokers, this would completely solve the issue where people complain dungeon groups only have 2 spots for dps.

So instead of groups being

1. Tank
  2. Healer
  3. Augment
  4. Dps
  5. Dps

The group would then be

1. Tank
  2. Augment
  3. Dps
  4. Dps
  5. Dps
2 Likes
  1. What about raids?

2. Some people enjoy the healing playstyle (even if not it’s current iteration at high M+ key levels)

13 Likes

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

39 Likes

still need heals for high keys and raids

6 Likes

Hello, friend. Thank you for your input but I would like to direct you to my original post that covers your concerns:

Just make each player their own healer (basically the same design philosophy of tanks).

Tanks are 100% self reliant in terms of survival. Just do the same thing for all dps specs and VOILA healers aren’t needed anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

its gets hectic at high lvls even with death strike

2 Likes

Hisses

I play support and I do not want to be healing people exclusively. I give buffs… that is all.

3 Likes

Those people who enjoy healing can continue to enjoy healing by playing a dps spec that heals themselves

2 Likes

World of Tankcraft

3 Likes

So instead of dumpstering one problem spec we should dumpster 6 long time specs? GTFO

9 Likes

You wouldn’t be healing exclusively as an augment.

Each player would be self-reliant in terms of healing

1 Like

so bfa all over again with the death beam lol

2 Likes

You trust people with that?!

2 Likes

i dont lol
in the minds of dps its my numbers

1 Like

I certainly would trust each player to keep themselves alive rather than trusting a third party to keep everyone alive, friend.

Thank you for raising this concern so I could explain to you that it is not an issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it will be an issue that the dps would rather die then heal themselves

4 Likes

“Remove healers so I can be invited as a DPS” is how that all read to me.

11 Likes

So… just forget anyone who actually likes playing a healer, huh?

11 Likes

How do you know this?

I would like to invite you to take a look at the group compositions of other successful MMOs.

Take Lost Arc for example, there are bards which do the same function as augmentation evokers and then there are dps. It works perfectly fine for lost ark, so it would be perfectly fine in WoW

As someone who likes healing…nope. I would not enjoy that. I already do that in shadow, ele, ww, etc. It’s not the same and not as fun.

7 Likes