I am just over dragonflight for now

Sure.

But you do know that disconnects occur for reasons outside of internet.

If your game client throws an error for something out of expected bounds the game will disconnect you.

Same reason Demon Hunters would sometimes get d/c’ed when using Fel Rush.

This is why certain log files are asked for. It could very well have nothing at all to do with your internet or your machine, but be be how some variable from your setup is interacting with something else resulting in the client booting you due to an unexpected result.

I do see a lot of people lag and DC, i have 2 friends i play w/ on a daily who experience these issues along w/ those in arena/rbg/dungeons… although i see this A LOT i have not personally experienced it, my game runs just fine, have not DCed once in the 4 weeks playing DF.

Probably your internet, or a game bug I.e. feral rake disconnect. Because you can practically run wow on a toaster, your specs seem fine

Definitely frustrating, but WoW seem to be one of those games you have to try random things. Sucks but have you tried using a different wireless modem? Something a little bit more basic? I’ve had things fixed doing things like that, or direct ethernet, etc. I had my shaman not be able to cast lava burst until I had to die in a capital city. I’ve had instant disconnects until I tethered my mobile connection, etc.

It’s definitely the game at the moment. Touch a wall wrong? DC. Fly too fast? DC. Land on a rock wrong? DC. I don’t think their engine can keep up to the speeds we can travel at now.
Then there is the game taking nearly 10min to launch at times, while holding that drive’s usage at 100% (even on SSD). I think they’ve given up on solving that issue lol.

If they expect the player base to remedy their game client issues they are sorely mistaken. It seems wow doesn’t have the talent in software engineering

Its not software engineering problem, different people have different pc, some of them have problem, and its normal.

1 Like

This is also happening to me. It’s definitely a pain and it happens frequently especially when landing my dragon at high speeds, which is funny considering one of your dragonriding abilities requires you to land at high speeds in order to stun a group of enemies. One time when I DC’ed, I noticed that as I landed and stunned a group of enemies, they disappeared as I phased into another instance where the enemies didn’t seem to exist. This definitely should have been fixed in beta or alpha, considering it’s the main feature of the expansion… I have a feeling it’s related to server phasing and collision. Maybe some weird security feature that logs you out if you are phasing suspiciously? There were many times during the first story playthrough that I noticed multiples of the same NPC spawning on top of each other as well. It definitely warrants a speedy investigation and resolution, especially in these crucial first months of the expansion.

Its an old bug (from Legion) where if your character move too fast or get any kind of sudden stop, you’d get dc’d. Often occur when your character got mind controlled during Charge or get rooted during Fel Rush. Basically its a 6 years old bug at this point.

1 Like

Yea they have some major issues with the Client. Its not a hardware issue at all. I get rubber banding effect when flying to the AH in Valdraken. Frames drop to like 49fps. Pretty craft. But thats not all. I have dual monitor setup. Both displays set to 59.94 refresh rate. And when I click over on to the 2nd display and WoW is full screen, WoW will start to stutter. I have had them both on one video card and now have them on two separate video cards and still same issue. I remember when BFA came out we had this same issue and it took them half the expansion to get the bugs worked out.

Yea its a Client issue, not a hardware.

My system:
AMD 6800 XT
Intel 9900k @ 5Ghz
32GB DDR4-3200
WD Black 1TB NVME
Seasonic 850w PSU
10Gbit Ethernet (not wireless junk)
500Mbit fiber connection directly to my modem.

TLDR, its a Client issue. They got some bugs that need fixed. That said, I was having constant disconnection issues after a few patches ago. Deleting the client and completely installing it and addons from fresh install fixed 99% of my issues. Just the jerky dual screen issue and rubber banding remains. But only got DCs twice in the past month. Which is still IMHO 2 times to many.

1 Like

Send stuff before leeve!

I have a 2.5gb ethernet port that is wired into a router with 2.5g which is also brand new. I do packet tests to other servers and get0% drops. I tested from NY to Georgia this morning. Upload Packet Loss

🠥 0.0%

(0 / 80)

Total Packet Loss

🠥🠧 0.0%

(0 / 80)

Download Packet Loss

🠧 0.0%

(0 / 80)

Late Packets

:stopwatch: 0.0%

(0 / 80)

It isn’t my connection.

1 Like

Well there are only two constants left.

Your Network (both internal and ISP), or the Game.

I had major DC and random lag problems. I did a bunch of traceroutes, found out that the adblocking DNS I had setup in my router was the culprit. I changed to a different DNS and it’s been resolved since.

Obviously what worked for me might not work for you, but I’d def do some traceroutes, from your PC and from something upstream from your router or on your router if it supports it. You ideally want to see only 3 or 4 hops to resolve to www.google.com, if you have more, or one of the hops goes from low ping to something very high or has packet loss or something, you may want to consider changing your DNS as your first step.

Also, if you’re in WIFI that could be the cause too.

bro i am gonna say that is a you problem. it runs fine on all of my machines.

Yea, its not your connection… Its a Client issue (client being WoW game installed on your computer.)

1 Like

OP, we will see you after the three hour maintenance. You aint going nowhere.

My ISP is run by block heads. So I use a gaming VPN so I can change the routing myself. Helps a lot and lowers my lag a good chunk.

All of that stuff means nothing when the server on the other end is broken.

Do you clowns want them to just leave it up until we’re marching on Activision HQ with pitch forks?
Or would you like it to be fixed so you can relax and stop threatning to leave because frankly no one rezlly cares if you leave or not LoL.

1 Like

Sounds like something with your potential area then in terms of connection, in any case it sucks when the game boots you but thinks your still logged in. So you have to wait for it to properly boot your character out of the game, or log into a new one to force it to recognize your not on that character anymore.

you’re talking about many thousands of people experiencing the exact same issue, most if not all of started with this expansion. Posts all over these forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin if it still exists probly. I get it, it’s not happening to some people, that’s awesome. It’s still on their end. I got an Alienware m15, the best internet in town, wired through ethernet, all drivers updated, no it’s not a driver or ISP issue. There is so very clearly an issue on Blizzards end that I could rip my eyes out and still see it. I Can see defending them for stuff, I defend plenty, but this is 100% without a doubt, not any chance for error, for sure, guaranteed on Blizzard’s end. Like they say, hit a branch too hard dc, land wrong dc, fly too fast dc, fly too slow dc, click a mining node dc. And seeing as all of this only happens in DF zones, it’s so very obviously an expansion issue. Daily maintenance, tons of stability posts, yet people still claim it’s an us problem, it’s all of our hardware messing up the exact same way doing the exact same things, in the exact same zones. Nope.

2 Likes