I am just over dragonflight for now

wired, please learn to read the post, 2.5Gb ethernet with gigabit internet. No random DNS garbage for adblocking. Everyone is having the same issue at the same time in the same zones with the same issues and there are countless posts on it. Not my ISP either. Spectrum. Spectrum is well known for making things work very good. I played FF14 all day and not a single disconnect. I played battlefield V online lastnight without so much as a lag spike, not even once. It ain’t my setup bromosapian, it’s just wow.

I understand your frustration. While I did see several bugs and had some disconnects, I wouldn’t quit over these problems. However I have many other issues with this game, which is why I cancelled my sub. Who knows what the future holds. I do hope though that Blizzard will make some big changes and improvements in the future.

1 Like

I said for now. Wow can get good again if they truly want it to.

It might very well be. I personally haven’t had any noticeable disconnects or lag spikes that I wasn’t able to track down to something funky with my network. Perhaps your server/connect realms are just garbage and very old hardware? Try joining a more active server?

Also, Spectrum’s default DNS is known to be pretty bad, aside from them harvesting your data and selling it. So either way you might want to consider a privacy focused DNS, completely unrelated to anything to do with WoW.

Take a look at mr fancy pants over here with his McDonald’s wifi. I run wow on a Casio calculator from 1998.

Imagine thinking your power supply is why you’re getting disconnected :dracthyr_crylaugh:

I don’t think my 1200w avx3 80 platinum psu is the bottleneck here, I changed it out and still same issue.

The thing is it is nothing new.

Things break new code breaks old code no one can forsee it happening sometimes.
No IT tech or programmer is perfect.
The internet isn’t perfect.

Mostly there is nothing we can do about and were told ahead of time that it could happen.
This is waste of storage for these posts.

1 Like

I have Spectrum and it works incredible. Even days like today where the wind chill is well below zero, no issues. Can have 29 tabs streaming at the same time, while playing games on both pc’s in the house, my Xboz, the Playstation, me and my roommates phones, all at the same time while downloading stuff on all of them, no issues. Play WOW in any zone but the new ones, no issues. Plus I thought the same thing on servers, so I took toons on my other account on servers like Illidan, Tichondrius, Area 52, etc, then tried medium population servers, then tried RP servers, same results in Dragon Isles. I’m ok with it as I usually just farm old stuff for mounts n stuff, but there’s a clear issue there. Alienware M15, all updated drivers, Spectrum’s most expensive residential internet, this is the game.

I think you just wanted a reason to tell people what kind of pc you have.

2 Likes

Might very well be the game then, like I said.

Also, it doesn’t both you that you pay Spectrum, presumably a significant chunk of change, for the best internet, and they still harvest your data, to the tune of everything you do on the internet and sell it to third-parties, to make more off you? You should change your dns to a privacy focused one regardless of anything to do with wow.

Spectrum is my only option in this neighborhood as the rental company will not allow the only other option, AT&T to install their, as they isist on also installing their new fiber wire or whatever it is called. I’m not concerned with what Spectrum is doing. I go on profootballtalk,the WOW forums, WOW, not much more. I don’t do social media, I’m not watching naughty stuff, I’m not downloading stuff, and all my bank stuff goes through my phone. There is absolutely nothing I’m doing that I could care if they are watching, and really, all of em do that.

Call a tech buddy and pay them to figure it out?

Fun fact, it very well could be. Power supplies can cause issues with any hardware. Including integrated wifi, a wifi card, or a dongle.

Still unlikely, but PSUs can absolutely cause disconnects.

So it doesn’t bother you that random companies are buying your data, building profiles of who you are, what you buy, what your political leanings are, and doing completely unregulated things with it?

Also, your phone company is doing the same thing, if you’re on mobile data. If you’re on wifi on your phone, spectrum has it.

It’s real simple to change you DNS to a privacy focused one.

Changing your DNS is still not going to stop them from getting your data, Just the act of owning a mobile phone or connecting to the internet means data is being harvested.

At the end of the day learn to use the tools for what they are, Not what you think they are, Get your moneys worth out of companies using your data.

no it does not bother me, Google tracks everything you do too, every website has tracking cookies, everyone does it. I got nothing to hide, so I go about my business, as opposed to constantly trying to hide what I’m doing, which is nothing. I like Spectrum’s service, it works great at all times, I’m sticking with em. And since they’re watching me, they just saw me give em a big thumbs up.

This has happened to me several times but only on my miner when approaching mining nodes.