I am just over dragonflight for now

I dont experience connection issues, but getting 30 - 40fps in Valdrakken and even less in larger raid groups is simply astonshing to me considering I run an RTX 4080, Ryzen 7600X, 32gb DDR5 5200mhz. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

It’s quite literally a battle with poor optimization at all times. I feel really bad for anyone who is invested in WoW but not droppint $2k+ on a computer.

This expansion has a serious problem with random disconnects, and you are one lucky son of a gun if you aren’t getting dcd

1 Like

My open world at mostly high settings is around 60 fps while my raids at max settings are hitting the cap at 200 fps. Indoors are so much better in DF than outdoors, if you do mostly outdoors then you screwed.

There is a lot more that goes into your connection than your own hardware. You know how many servers and relays your traffic goes through between you and the Blizzard server? It might not be you or Blizzard, it could be some link in the chain between the two of you that causes the disconnects.

1 Like

My computer is 7 years old and much worse than that. I have 0 issues whatsoever. I like building them but i tend to stretch mine a lot cause i’m cheap. Same reason you rarely see a mechanic with a brand new leased car.

Its not an issue on Blizzard’s end. Check with your ISP or get your computer checked out.

2 Likes

Do you have a stable Docsis connection? It would be observable in your modems firmware. Look for a high number of uncorrectable codewords.

Man, my computer is a potato compared to yours and I rarely ever disconnect.

1 Like

I only have DCs when beginning to fly on a dragonriding mount. And that’s once a week. Able to login back to my character instantly with no “wait” period.

And I have w11 22h2 on 2017/18 hardware with up to date drivers. Plus like I can easily wager that I have more addons than like 95% of the community (all up to date too). And I even use https over dns with cloudflare.

You try fresh install WoW, no add-ons, are you using a VPN, is ISP blocking WoW, and fresh install of graphics driver using DDU??

You mean you haven’t tried all thirty different versions of the driver? :rofl:

2 Likes

Honestly this.

I’m a sysadmin.

The amount of “issues” people report but then refuse to give qualifying info? Amazing.

Fantastic. I am glad you have a good system. Where are the logs I asked for?

2 Likes

Docsis 3.1 status:
OFDM 167~324 256QAM 8.2 40
So it is within normal range, and there is a green dot next to it. 40 is within range. 8.2 ms is within range.

Again this has nothing to do with PC specs.

Honestly I love how everyone randomly blames the end user automatically as if I don’t know how to build a PC in 2023 and install nvidia drivers from their website. :roll_eyes:

If you read the thread I give more than enough information, disconnects have NOTHING to do with gpu drivers, lan drivers, etc in my case since Windows pulls them from Windows update, but as a side note I decided to pull them from the MSI website and install everything by hand on a fresh copy of Windows 11 AGAIN this morning. Still disconnects when landing in certain areas at random times.

1 Like

For those who claim they never had this issue, I would be honestly curious if they would fly a few rounds between oribos and the Night Fae Covenant Sanctum via flight master what would they say after? Since I am unsure what might cause this issue programmatically (it would take an ungodly amount of time and effort to figure this out for an end user instead of blizzard who already has really important info at their disposal), it might be possible they still would not be able to reproduce it on their end, but still.

I say this because during SL especially during 9.0 and 9.1, when you had to jump back and forth between your covenant sanctum and oribos, this place is where I was consistently able to reproduce the issue when I arrived to the NF sanctum and was dropped by the flight master. This was on a belf dh and a hmt druid, but one of my friends also kept complaining about this very same flight point, on a troll druid.

1 Like

maybe if they didn’t move all the servers to california and chicago, we wouldn’t be having this issue. It is hard to replicate lag spikes from Virginia to Chicago when you work 3 feet from the server.

Well I have no idea about that, since I am actually playing on the EU version of this game (Central Europe), but for sure it is happening here too.

I’ve never bothered with checking where is exactly the closest wow server because I otherwise do not really have any connectivity issues explicitly with wow, only this occasional dc thingy.

2 Likes

Is every other game you own stable? Is your connection stable?

People put together expensive rigs then mostly play WoW. Just because the rig is nice doesn’t mean it can’t have issues. Not mine, of course, because I know how to build a quality pc.

Bahaha seriously though it’s probably something on your end.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten DC’d since the first couple of days after release when Wrathion yeeted me from the top of Dragonbane Keep. :joy: (Dropped me like a hot potato due to bug and I had to fly my way up to where he and Sebellion sit only to DC as I came in hot.) Game has been perfectly stable since then and I do tons of runs on the race courses because they’re fun af.

I play on a LTE mobile hotspot with about 500-700ms lag. (Is why I don’t play FPS’s lol…) My rig is a Ryzen 7 2700x with a NVIDIA RTX 2600 and 16GB RAM. Sometimes I get a bit of lag in Valdrakken but I think it’s my add-ons TBH.

1 Like

I had an issue with being disconnected for a long time and turns out the issue was I needed to turn on and configure QOS on my router to prioritize anything playing games online. Same thing would happen when I played Xbox. QOS fixed all of it.

i’m pretty sure there are various causes… but just because people are experiencing the same symptoms, they’re assuming it’s a singular issue.

looking through the thread in tech support, there are things people have tried, which have worked for others… yet other people have tried those same things, and had no change in performance.

or maybe you would.

i’m almost 10,000 miles from the servers, and not having problems.

Sounds like your isp.