I am just over dragonflight for now

Sick of being disconnected on a Docsis 3.1 gigabit internet connection with a core i5 13600k, gen4 pcie nvme, rtx 3070 and 650w psu. Doesn’t seem to matter whether or not I am on Windows 11 or 10 or the new m2 mac mini. Doesn’t seem to matter the time of day. I can land in a field or on the side of a mountain. I can be going top flying speed or a gentle float. Doesn’t seem to matter the PC I am playing on either, I had a core i7 9700k that did the same thing I built a Ryzen 3200 with a rx570. Nothing seems to make this game stable. See you in a few patches I guess.

21 Likes

Have you tried updating your drivers? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As someone who has also been experiencing poor performance on a high end machine, I can sympathize. The driver comment is the answer I receive most often. Frustrating indeed

12 Likes

what they should be asking, is “have you submitted your DxDiag info as per tech supports request”?

then explain why I have the exact same disconnection on AMD hardware and on the m2 mac? Yes my drivers are up to date via Nvidia and AMD’s utilities. Does it on multiple accounts on multiple devices on super high end gigabit internet.
Ookla speed test results:
Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

Ping ms 14 21 10

The disconnect before the patch happened every so often and it was when I landed in a weird spot, now it happens ALL THE TIME. And it isn’t the game crashing, it just disconnects me and I am not able to play on that toon for 10-15 minutes because logging in will automatically disconnect me until the game works out where the toon is suppose to be.

Edit: I want to add it does it on my friend’s Internet who lives in another city as well on THEIR hardware. They let me test it.

7 Likes

Can i have your gold?

10 Likes

I hardly DC at all so it must be your pc or unstable ISP… apple make cool cell phones tho

5 Likes

Can I have your gold plz

3 Likes

I’ve dc’d and have had connection issues in multiple rated matches, I have excellent internet and system to boot.

4 Likes

I havent DC’d in like weeks and i run M+ mostly

It’s the game. So many people are reporting issues. Unfortunately they are mostly being ignored.

Thank God we’re getting the trading post tho. Having a unstable client won’t matter in my new transmogs!!! Oh wait…

3 Likes

I’m not even going to entertain this by answering.

1 Like

I’ll do it for you then.

I DC every day. I constantly get lag both world and FPS(not in a major city or surrounded by players).

Then you have game forced DCs. Like with Dragonriding. Oh you went to fly up and hit -anything-? lol DC. Branch? Ceiling/lip of a building/cave? DC. Land wrong on a rock? DC.

9 Likes

and yet… you did answer, but you avoided the subject matter.

someone was complaining the other day about how “blizzard is doing nothing”.
and how there’s a thread with “2000+ posts about stuttering/stability issues”.
people are happy to post in the thread with “me too” or “still not fixed” or some other thing which they think is witty… yet nobody wants to pony up with the very basic info which blizzard is asking for.
i went through 1000+ posts, and found a grand total of 24 people who were willing to submit info which could help with diagnosing the issue.

24 people.

they’re not being ignored, they’re being asked for information.
they don’t want to provide that information.
they expect tech support to do some random magic.

7 Likes

This morning when I logged on, my MS home shot up to 8000. Have not logged on eversince. Gonna wait for whatever it was to correct itself.

1 Like

Blizzard has my dxdiag.

I think you are weird.

1 Like

There definitely is something going on. Prior to the expansion, I hardly ever disconnected. Just yesterday alone, while flying around on my dragon, I disconnected 3 separate times and had to wait at least 5 minutes each time before I was able to log back in with that character.

3 Likes

indeed i am.

you know whose weirder though?

the people screaming for a “fix”, when they won’t provide the requested information. :expressionless:

4 Likes

When every single person is having the same issue, its not our drivers bud. It happens on multiple systems with multiple hardware configs. It happens on the brand new m2 mac mini as well. I even dug out my old Intel imac today to see. I mounted up and played for like 45 minutes and BAM disconnected and unable to login to that character for 5 minutes. What more info do you need? Why don’t the devs play test the game? The issue is replicatable.

1 Like

I DC all the time - but, my computer is waaaay below the specs that they want me to have, so I attribute it to that…

it isn’t your specs, i5 13600k 48gb of ram rtx 3050