I’ve beaten all 36 Mage towers

It’s relevant because it’s not tuned correctly lmao why do you think blizzzads disabled all the gear from legion??? If they really wanted us using past gear don’t you think they would have us actually use gear from the expansion that the mage tower released on?!

1 Like

Man the guardian druid one would be a lot easier if i could use luffa again :\

Its kind of a lot different.

ALL legion gear is disabled??? strange, i dont think thats true.

All of the legendaries, traits and conduits are indeed disabled and the mage tower was designed around that

1 Like

She’s referring to legion legendaries. Those are disabled. Same with the artifact weapons which this whole tower was designed around.

2 Likes

In Legion, the Sonic thing the worm boss does did no where near as much damage. It’s like 25% of my health, and interrupting it is a must. It changes the fight…

1 Like

One of these things is not like the other.

1 Like

Lol you’re missing the point

1 Like

The problem is this game is literally dying. If you think it isn’t you aren’t paying attention.

I get people feel good when they tell others they suck, but this thing is VASTLY different for different classes specs. Some are pretty broken without the covenant abilities and legendary procs that make them function correctly.

Most people I see on here complaining are people who did beat it during Legion. I beat it without Argus gear when we had 1 legendary and the artifact weapon.

That weapon especially for tanks made you do waaaaay more damage and have waaay more recourses.

If they intended this to be harder than it was at the end of legion then that decision was assanine by whoever made it. The point of this content was to give people some fun nostalgia while waiting for 9.2.

I played since early BC the only xpac I didnt raid was BFA, I have been a raid leader, guild leader, 25 man heroic and mythic even back to grulls when it was 1 difficulty.
Or pre nerf mags lair.
If they wanted something super duper hard for the 1% of the top 1% then they could of had some ultra hard new content. Not 4 year old content thats advertised as timewalking thats harder than it was on release and you have waaaaay less abilities to deal with it.

I guarantee you not one person who worked on the original mage tower had anything to do with this revamp at all. It shows they didn’t understand the balancing and what the class abilities were IN LEGION.
Like for tanks the artifact weapon procs did a lot of the damage.
Also the stats are nerfed beyond what you could get the first day this was out.

You could have mythic gear from the first tier of legion that would be higher than the scaled down ilvls now - almost 3-5 ilvls higher. It would be 47-50ish now.

They truly didn’t give a sh*t about this one. Also they buffed the tank one 3x since it came out unannounced lol.

Most of the kills I did see were before the buff. 25% more health and double the damage of some abilities.

6 Likes

If anything, they should add more challenging content like this one.

Truly purposefully missed the point.
The point is both in legion through legendries and the artifact weapon

OR

Now through covenant abilities and the legendary we have

we had 1 or the other.

Now we have neither one and its made some classes and specs not function properly in there.

Some it didn’t affect as much. The BM hunter and affliction lock ones are currently the easiest ones in the game.

I agreee they should add more challenging content that is tuned around current WoW

2 Likes

Sure -new content. Not badly scaled time walking content from 4 years ago that’s harder for most classes and specs than it was on release.

2 Likes

Yup without shackle the unworthy and my kyrian lego I’m dead in the water on most stuff. My army of the dead and val’kier summon can only do so much.

That said the tower is also bugged. On a whim I decided to try it out and when I enter the unholy one Agatha disappears and doesn’t spawn.

This whole tower is a massive letdown. Especially since artifact skins aren’t a reward.

1 Like

The BM Hunter one is extremely challenging, and it’s changed quite a bit from Legion.

1 Like

Or they should have just left the old content in the past where it belongs.

Which means no matter what changes comes in future patches or expansions, Mt wont be dramatically effected. No new power system will suddenly make it easy, and it wont be needing massive overhauls going into the next expansion.

Almost like they are future proofing it.

Except they designed it around all those legion items and abilities. The time walking release didn’t change any boss mechanics or the fights lol all they did was buff dmg and health pools??? So again you’re acting as if they went in and surgically changed fights to feel good without having all that stuff and they DIDNT

2 Likes

This is really the best, most concise way of summing up the un fun part of this whole debacle (to those who find it unfun).

It’s not a good or bad thing(the consumables from old content), it simply is not fun
To do so and doesn’t make sense for content that will rotate into existence a few times a year.

It’s all good, it’ll be back next year and you can try again…WoW Fomo is pathetic.

1 Like