I’ve beaten all 36 Mage towers

When the mage tower very first released I beat all 36 of them in the same patch cycle. I can tell you now after testing 9.1.5 Timewalking. For some specs it is stupidly over tuned. It’s moRe of a gear check being able to do enough dmg and have enough hp to live than a skill check. When’s players are having to go get consumables and gear from previous expansions to beat a new content update supposedly tuned and scaled for current WoW. You’ve made a bad system.

144 Likes

A bad system makes players use items that are still in the game to make content for an older xpac easier?

Sounds like a good system to me, the more things people can do to get an advantage is good.

Doesn’t take long to do pandaria, WoD, legion raids to get items with gems in it. You’ve got 2 weeks to do this

8 Likes

Yeah those are surely guaranteed drops and you get all required items on first try.

New content should not require you to grind for old items or have old items to be better than current items. Simple as that.

41 Likes

But do you have a chromie time friend?

2 Likes

The timegated is really what seems to be sucking.

8 Likes

Well if you’re a contrarian I’m sure it is.

6 Likes

Meanwhile the entire year of borrowed power that i got on my character worth nothing yaaaaaaay

33 Likes

It’s not new content. And there are people finishing these without going after old gear.

Either way, let’s also keep in mind that some people have actually been asking for ways to make old gear and old items relevant again.

I believe that it is overtuned and needs some tweaking. But I also believe that this is a good thing for people to find old and creative ways to beat challenges.

I also believe that the MT should be part of every Timewalking week and give people more time to learn it and earn these.

12 Likes

It’s not new content

2 Likes

Blizzard advertises it as new.

8 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more! People have been asking for old content to be relevant in timewalking… then blizzard makes the old gear relevant and people complain about it. lol…

2 Likes

If the current mage tower has taught us anything, it’s taught many players that they aren’t as good as they thought they were.

8 Likes

Its time walking content. Timewalking content and timewalking gear should be required to do timewalking challenge modes. Simple as that :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMO its taught me that players are too lazy to prepare for a proper challenge. This game is more about preparation than skill. If people properly prepared for the content they’re wanting to do, they will realize they will have a lot more success, and a lot less frustration.

1 Like

Its too overtuned so I’m not bothering with it. Besides theres no artifact skins so why bother. I’m not playing to get frustrated, I’m here for fun.

8 Likes

I’m going to supremely doubt you did every single spec the first time the Mage Tower was active. Just having that many toons and specs geared enough to even attempt that is a borderline ludicrous notion.

1 Like

That’s my secret cap, I’m always a terrible player :wink:

Only current gear should be usable in timewalking. Having old gear working is just asking for troubles, like broken tuning and such we have now in mage tower.

1 Like

I disgree. I think only time walking gear should be used for time walking challenges.

Having current gear only be usable in timewalking challenges will create bigger troubles and tuning problems as the expansions go on, and we’re wearing different gear, and having different class balances…etc. Next xpac it would be all out of tune and messed up.

Again your logic is wrong because the actual gear from legion that the mage tower was designed for are all disabled. People are farming old gear that have sockets to max out gems nothing about that is interesting

18 Likes