I’m a GDKP convert

Dear Diary

I used to think GDKPs were useless.

“Why would I join a GDKP and pay for items when I could just raid with my guild.” - me, having never done a GDKP.

Well after not being able to raid with the guild for various reasons over the last 3 lockouts and finally having some exposure to GDKPs rather than the usual MS>OS runs I’d pug.

GDKP is far faaaaar superior, the players know how to play (mostly) the raid leader actually leads the raids and calls cooldowns, no one leaves early because their cat escaped, and if you play like garbage you get penalised, etc

I get to decide how much I want an item with my $ and where I can’t afford said item I know a % of that sale comes to me at the end.

I mean the pots haven’t been huge, I think I’m +30k all said and done, but that’s not the main draw, I mean it’s nice sure - it’s mainly the raid leading, my guilds raid leading is good, but pug ms>os raidleading is basically non existent (unless it’s a majority guild run)

I’ll never do another MS>OS again.

Anyway,

Xox

28 Likes

haha. who is ur gold seller?

29 Likes

GDKP’s are fun.

The only downside is I tried hopping into one the other day and the dude wanted a minimum of 100k for a buyer.

I’ll wait till the fees go down a bit before I hop into another one I think.

2 Likes

I been hovering around 40-70k and haven’t had a problem getting in yet, maybe it’s just that group idk.

My char is 4.9k gs tho so maybe I get some relief for that idk

Nothing so far except 1 weapon I saw go for 40k has sold for an extreme amount yet so idk

1 Like

It was probably that group. I’m sitting on a decent chunk of change and was more than willing to drop gold on stuff, but I wasn’t going to be forced into buying things which were minor upgrades or too expensive.

I’ve been watching for other groups, but it’s difficult when I play on an East coast server and live in the West Coast. Times generally don’t line up unfortunately. :frowning:

Maybe I’ll reroll on Grobb and see how that server looks for GDKP. Just feels like pulling teeth to level another toon.

You still upset you got kicked from my guild huh?

3 Likes

Still got the run in though, right?

all that matters, imo. I have an eschewed view of pve from other games like eve.

I actually try to do higher end content not in “BIS” (eve doesn’t have BIS as many would call it). I try do more, with less.

why? the higher level site was run, and I see that I didn’t need an extra 2 billion in modules to do it.

Skills to run the content shown and money saved. Win win really.

Why wow raiding is something I never got.

I need the drop ! 10 runs of raid x full clear to me says the gear seems to be fine. and the skills to pay the bills are there too. Cool.

Using totally legit gold earned through questing and the AH that will in no means embolden the botting/gold farming epidemic that’s plaguing Classic WoW of course :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

All my gold is totally legitimate and I have no evidence to assume everyone else is swiping.

It’s not hard to stack up thousands of gold through professions and good investing.

I’m sure some people buy gold, and I’m sure some people use that gold in GDKPs.

But I’m also sure that legitimate gold is used in GDKPs

The ratio of real vs “fake” is unknown to me.

3 Likes

Gold is always dirty. It comes from a finite source and is exchanged over and over. If you pooled all the gold in wow it would barely fill the the Ring of Trials.

Gdkp runs always go better than ms/os or sr.

True and real

They also out prog most guilds and there are several that have been killing algalon 25 for over a month

1 Like

This debate will never end.

raid loggers don’t get that some players…play 7 days a week.

they also gon’t get some take their god tier gear and go find the paying dungeons on those 5-6 other days. or farm crap.

Fun fact…one of the joys of AV CTA leveling is many then take 80 gear and run the same leveling story.

Why? at level cap XP no longer needed becomes more cash reward. and this is why this char has been helping out Tyrion. nice easy gold from quests overgeared.

the quest as designed for a leveler was to be say 10 minutes of run time for 15 gold.

this char, or my 80 paladin do it in 5 minutes or less and make say 20 gold.

and this pulls in 200 gold an hour before sales of loot minimal. mix these in with daily gold and there you go.

a fun system found in tbcc. as the daily areas can have 30 people cross tagging to the point it takes forever to run them. You hammer out gold solo questing where there is no one around lol.

and this is low grade crap. there are way better ways to make gold.

I do this to kill time between bg pops really.

2 Likes

There are dozens of pug gdkps on Bene with Algalon kills. There are hundreds of guilds who haven’t even gotten to Algalon, much less killed him. Gdkp players/leaders are just better players on average than most people playing Wow, as much as that fact will inevitably hurt some feefees

9 Likes

Ive run dozens of Uld gdkps and never seen a 100k min budget. Maaaybe if you were coming in as a pure buyer to a guild run or something?

They low-key opened up free xfers to a lot of servers btw in the last couple days. For instance, while you still cant paid xfer onto Bene, you can free xfer from Faerlina to Bene. So Id check if Malgabis-Grobb free xferd are up

1 Like

I play on Eranikus, but post on my retail DK because I’m not of the mindset to reset my post count. WotLK Classic DK has the same name and armor.

And I was a semi pure buyer on my alt. I think the toon was around 4k’ish? But yeah, 100k minimum. Not even remotely exaggerating.

Dude also said they’d expect me to buyout upgrades.

Nowhere did I imply this is for “every” GDKP.

I’ve ran several for Naxx and enjoyed them a lot. Gonna wait till the starting bids go down a bit though (as I already mentioned) before I dip my toes again for Uld.

Normal gear/tier is cheap AF already and mostly gets DE’d. The only stuff that really gets high bids these days is the HM loot. Ive seen 1 light/FF/Algalon gear/HM trinkets go for 30-50k+, but even most HM gear is under 10-20k

1 Like

Ok here is what is happening

On a big market like benediction

Hardmode loot prices are fair because there are a good amount of gdkps clearing hardmodes

On eranikus I’m going to assume there are under 10 gdkps clearing hardmodes therefore the price is ridiculous

Supply and demand baby

On some servers it’s easier to make 100k gold than clear hardmodes therefore the min is 100k

1 Like

I have never seen a budget that high required.

I also use benediction gdkp discord tho.

3 Likes

Congrats on seeing the truth, GDKPs are the best whatever it’s lowend or highend gdkp, the system works and is almost perfect, ironically only haters gave it a bad name, thinking we all buy gold when it’s not even required at all.

3 Likes

Yeah, the OP has credit card swiping whale written all over…

4 Likes