I’d rather the Horde lose if

Some of these events are iffy, but Ivus going from alive to undead is a strong indication that the Forsaken were there first, but this goes back to that world/story building that’s lacking.

1 Like

Yeah, but everyone in the Horde IS signing it, so it’s not like the Horde is going to be harrying them as they try and take the portal from Stormwind to Hyjal. They can take all the time they want moving their people to Hyjal.

I dunno, I feel like growth is the one thing BFA gave us plenty of. 5 races added to each faction and counting…

1 Like

Yet the Horde leadership roster has never been less developed. Gazlowe? Rokhan? Voss? Geya’rah? Talaanji? Mayla? Kiro? With how HERO focused Blizz’s writing REALLY is … its going to take quite a bit of effort and time to develop these characters into something halfway decent (and don’t get me wrong, I love me some Rokhan, Voss, and Gazlowe).

I like the ARs we got. All of them (outside of thinking the Vulpera are being overhyped as hell). But their addition means nothing if Blizz doesn’t actually invest in the rebuilding process (same goes for the Alliance, but they have far in a way FAR more FAR developed Reps). I’m not so sure I trust Blizz to really have the guts to invest that sort of quiet time for World Building (when they can jump straight into the next BIG BAD expansion instead).

I agree the horde needs some character building

1 Like

All this is true, yes. I was just being overly edgy that late at night.

1 Like

Vespero also makes a good point here:

With all the Horde aiming for peace, there’s not a lot of reason for the Horde to keep supplying Sylvanas’ forces in Darkshore and/or Ashenvale, so more likely those forces would either had to have withdrawn from the Night Elf lands, or probably would have been swept up by now without the Horde reinforcing them.

But then again, Blizzard has also made no statement the of Horde voluntarily leaving the Night Elf lands, so, they could say the Horde and/or Sylvanas loyalists are still there defending themselves from attacks from the Night Elves.

No official idea until Blizzard says something. As they say, if a tree falls in the middle of the Night Elf’s forest but no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I don’t think I would assume that the Darkshore forces are “Sylvanas’s forces.”

Even the newly created NE Forsaken there don’t seem to be on her side.

I also don’t think that Darkshore, or Arathi for that matter, is actually a battle that is ongoing. Those lands aren’t REALLY changing hands dozens of times, that’s just gameplay.

I think Darkshore and Arathi were battles that happened, and whoever Blizzard decides won is just going to control that area after BFA, and there’s no need for them to continue to be constantly reinforced.

1 Like

Sira definitely was, as was Belmont, and Nathanos, and so probably any of the rest of the Forsaken there. The Goblins were probably promised money from her, too.

But the Undead Night Elves is an example of my point. We find out in 8.3 that Sylvanas abandoned them. The rest of any of her forces still on Night Elf lands were probably abandoned, too, and, yeah, I agree with you, it’s not like the Horde has any reason to reinforce them, either.

The operative world being “was”. All the Forsaken WERE her forces. But how many of them still are post-Sylvanas ragequit?

Nathanos, her old Dark Rangers and the Val’kyr for certain. But anyone beyond that? Doesn’t seem likely.

If Delaryn isn’t with her anymore, I don’t imagine Sira would be either. And Belmont? Probably not either.

I’d more focus on Sylvanas abandoning them and not being able to keep up the front without her - and not having any reason to - than whether or not they abandoned her in return.

Though, if they didn’t abandoned her, they probably would have shuffled off after her like Nathanos did any way, so, even by that angle, they probably wouldn’t be at Darkshore still then, either.

1 Like

My point though is that, by the time the war ended, Darkshore was probably already decided one way or the other. So if the Forsaken won Darkshore, they control it, and there’s no reason for them to leave. And if the NEs won it, then they reclaimed it, and the Horde isn’t likely to attack again anytime soon.

Just going by the story content we have in game, I believe the Night Elves won Darkshore.

But we won’t have any official confirmation unless Blizzard decides to give us one.

With how the horde leadership is right now i am sure they will give what they took in land back.

Between the blighting, bombings and clear cutting is it really worth getting back tho?

Malfurion can grow the trees back, as we see Alliance side in the Darkshore Warfront proper:

We also reverse the blighting at Bash’al Aran, so that doesn’t seem to be a problem, either.

Ok why didn’t we bring any Druids to Lordaeron

2 Likes

The danger of the blight is dependant on the story

2 Likes

No idea, but LIFE magic has always been shown to be VERY effective at deal with DEATH corruption (LIGHT magic tends to struggle with efficiency on that topic).

Hell, just about the only people who could fix Northern EK and make it a verdant landscape again are the Kaldorei (not suggesting they should live there, just pointing out they are really the only ones who could fix that terrain in a timely manner).

1 Like

Well as seen in the Siege of Lordaeron you can also just… freeze and condense the blight so it’s more manageable/inert

I dunno why I keep bothering with continuity

1 Like

Luckily for the Horde that’s exactly what happend.
Unfortunately the people who chose Loyalty over Honor are still pissed. but who cares what the banshee simps say anyway