Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

I guess I’m just not hung up all that much on balance. I’ll probably be having fun nonetheless. I guess playing a mage, having to fight harder in PvP than most, and being told constantly that PvP isn’t balanced for 1v1 has kind of numbed me to that. I’ve already gotten used to fighting against unbalanced odds.

?

Mage is, and always has been one of, if not the best PvP class in the game at any given time.

Not for 1v1 WPvP and random BGs, which is my chosen area of PvP. I’m not big on rated group stuff. Been told constantly that I’m not meant to be good there, that PvP isn’t balanced around 1v1, and just kind of accepted it.

1 Like

The only thing that has consistently beaten mage in 1v1 is maybe feral and hunter depending on the expansion, it beats literally everything else or can go 50/50 with them depending on player skill

Duh? Because the community is not very welcoming. Why get into content with the community like this?

Also, all your points make it sound like that you got to make a choice at what you value most in the game. Is it pvp? Pick the necrolord skill and understand you will not be as good in other elements. That is ok

You don’t know how shadowland balance is. So assuming that the game balance now is the same in shadowlands is a strawman.

This is a valid point. If you don’t care about being mediocre you can get Mythic boss kills 4 months later than when anyone who is halfway good at the game has them on farm.

1 Like

I had trouble with most melee classes and consistently lost to them until I discovered the arcane spec. You also can’t deny that I would genuinely have a much easier time in my area of PvP if I played a demon hunter or something.

Dude what? You lost to melee as a frost mage?

It’s classic seeing a ralph thread because it’s just a bunch of people who know he sucks at the game and is trying to find a scapegoat and new people.

1 Like

Aren’t you a frost OTP?

Yes. This isn’t Classic WoW where frost mage vs warrior is a foregone conclusion. Fast melee like monks, rogues, feral druids, demon hunters are tough for casters to fight 1v1.

1 Like

Frost for raiding and M+. I do Arcane for most everything else, like PvP and WQing.

Feral is the only thing in that list that can beat a frost mage.

Just so we are all clear.

Ralph has cleared 4 mythic bosses in six months into this tier.

1 Like

And it looks like all covenant abilities for my class will be trash, and my spec will be trash too. So gratz. I guess you fixed me. I guess I should be as happy as you are that I will be gimped in every way.

Because rpg perfection requires players to be gimped and playing sub-optimally all the time. But we can roleplay that we’re happy like you’ll be doing.

Why? I’m just a hypocritical min-maxer, Who’s going to be the voice of the voiceless? Here i am.

Any other TRY HARD min MAXERS HERE or JUST ME who plays MULTIPLE OF THE SAME CLASS ?

I am a true TRY HARD as Ralph calls me

1 Like

According to most I’m gimping myself for choosing Night Fae on my mage. But I love the aesthetics of their zone and I generally like faeries over zombies and angels anyhow.

Let’s be gimped together.

2 Likes

I read icy veins AND i talk to high rated shamans including world first raiders!!!

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS

No. You can pay for a game where you are required to make a bad choice to get a good one. I personally am not going to be paying for a game where all my choices I have open to me will be bad.