Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

There’s nothing about Covenants that would stop players from looking for the best comp.

The main difference is that, if I play a ret paladin, my covenant choice might mean that I am little more optimized, for certain things, than that other ret paladin, who might have other advantages.

This just means that choosing a covenant is character-defining, like a sub-class.

Nothing is stopping anyone from playing their absolute best and optimizing their character with that in mind.

But players are actively saying that this type of choice shouldn’t exist, which is completely different.

Honestly, I like covenants. But I wish they would trash the idea and give us real sub-classes instead. And have that choice actually last into future expansions.

And yet, the people who are being excluded have access to information that will improve their chances of being accepted.

Would you prefer that there be no content that requires private groups and everything was filled randomly by a system?

Your right, they’ve never balanced it so what exactly is the problem this time?

As I said in another thread, when you create a system that limits choice all Blizzard is doing is removing the option to self experiment and instead force people to look up the meta or best abilities. The funny thing is Ralph is one of those who claims to be one of those who self experiments and happens to come up with the meta all on his own and yet he is supporting a system that greatly opposes that method.

The biggest problem I have with Ralph and all his post is he constantly bms people who want to play there character min/max and says no just build whatever you want.

Its so simple… Some people want to min/max.

Like dude wake up your copy paste posts with the exact same content are ridiculous and full of hypocrisy. People can play what they want.

1 Like

Honestly, if they found a way to do that and it not be like LFR. Yes.

but some of the content within the game requires being selective of certain players who share your belief, end of the day YOU are free to form a group, a guild or community who shares YOUR playstyle , and players who prioritize certain things such as maximizing their numbers ALSO have a right to exist. And as far as covenants are concerned it will be the same thing, there will be people who min max… and they are ALLOWED to curate their own groups for content, its how world firsts even exist to begin with, I want people to enjoy the game anyway they want so long as it isnt harmful, and I will put my foot down on this, min maxers , the supposed elitist players are not harmful to this community, even if one time you wormed your way to a +15 and didnt have the skills to be up to snuff and they said mean things. those people just want to be able to clear the content they want, because that content is difficult but the rewards for doing so are really awesome

It goes beyond that. I don’t min-max and I like to play my character the way I want. This system punishes that.

1 Like

how so, care to elaborate how the system punishes you?

So how can I freely play the way I want with this system?

1 Like

form a community or group who shares you laid back playstyle, or at the very least dont press its importance for content, now if you are saying this excludes you from getting rewards because in those circumstances those groups do not get large enough or they cant complete that content because people drop off after the 30th wipe then hate to tell ya fella, thats because you need those skills to complete that content, that detail those numbers. and thats not exclusion, when you cant get those rewards as easily as those min max players… its called incentive

You talking about min-maxing or Covenants. I’m assuming Covenants. Although I think gigglelord thinks your talking about min-maxing. Considering how quick he was to question you.

1 Like

I ve said this many times but it becomes clear that many from the min maxer crowd had the false mentality of ‘ in max of you are bad’ drilled into their heads.

They have extremely hard time accepting that following the meta doesn’t make you skilled, and not following doesn’t make you bad.

But if you were following the meta wouldn’t you want to delude yourself you are skilled merely because you do that?

It is seen again and again where people instantly imply if you don’t play meta you are bad, when said people often underperform because they are the ones who don’t know the game well since instead of learning they copy and do as told which is a very far thing compared to actual knowledge of the game and their class.

It is hilarious when you see the guy with the underperforming spec outperform meta worshipping players in the same gear, it shows how real knowledge of the game and your class will always beat copying the meta.

But if someone isn’t very skilled they want to believe following the meta makes them a good player, it is a literal delusion

It is always so sad and hilarious when people have such a hard time accepting that someone might care about something wrong even though it doesn’t affect them.

But I know Gamers :tm: like to be complacent and ignore everything until it affects them is not surprised

1 Like

I never said or implied anything close to what you are talking about. I am talking about playing the way I want, how I want, which this set up precludes.

You’ve never excluded anyone?

When putting an M+ pug together have you ever had multiple tanks sign up? You’re telling me you don’t choose the one that gives you the best chance of success?

What about a raid? Have you ever excluded a few melee dps because you needed more ranged?

Even if you choose randomly like the Avatar of Magnanimity you only have limited spots and people get excluded. In this case you excluded people based on your playstyle.

You are correct I should rephrase that. I was wrong in assuming people would understand the basic concept of what I was saying. Using rational and logical thought. My bad.

You are confusing exclusion, exclusion based on skill is far different than exclusion based on “community says X class is garbage, that isnt the meta build” etc

But like I said earlier, some people have a hard time realizing that following the meta, doesnt make you skilled, and not following it doesnt make you unskilled.

But that is a hard concept for some to grasp since they want to delude themselves they are skilled merely because they copied the meta build.

1 Like

haha Ralph, I’m starting to see why people are accusing me of being you. You edit crap almost as much as I do.

Yeah always something more to add to prepare for the obvious responses if something isnt fully explained xD