Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

Except the group finder tool doesn’t segregate like that and not everyone can lead.

Me not responding to the rest isn’t me agreeing. Simply choosing not to further discuss that point because neither of us will ever concede to the other ideals. So to progress the conversation. I’ll follow your logic on that point.

That’s fine if they can reach an accommodation, but I feel you didn’t read my whole post. What possible accommodation could there be with a blind person wanting to drive a truck?

A company that wants an experienced person for a position is allowed to have requirements that weed out people they don’t consider fit for the job. You seem to think this is a “form of hatred” since they’re excluding people from being hired.

That’s how guilds and groups are in WoW. They want to go in and defeat a dungeon or a raid, so they want to set requirements that will lead to that happening. You’re not going to want a fresh 120 with 350 item level tanking Mythic Ny’alotha. But that’s not a “form of hatred” for excluding them.

1 Like

except… when it does, like you ilvl, or your raider io score and other things, you come to find that YOU can still play the content within the game if you play with people with your viewpoint. if youre frustrated that you cant get into a group who does a +15 key, or a mythic raid. well… its because youre not focused on the things that will get you there like min maxing… because that content from the outset is inherently designed for those types of players

Ilevel and min-maxing is two different things. One is excluding people based on class or spec. The other is simply due to the lack of experience.

You are by Blizzards words capable of doing the content with any class or spec.

1 Like

thats not fostering toxicity, thats content meant to appease those types of players, because from its very core wow is meant to be as accessible to as many types of players as possible, and once again to reiterate i dont like min maxing, and i pull the best numbers, what YOU are suggesting is the exact opposite of freedom of choice

A lack of min-maxing could be seen as a lack of experience as well.

1 Like

agreed ^^^^^^

How on earth is playing the class and spec that fits your own playstyle at all the same as lacking experience.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean you HAVE to do it with any class or spec.

You are telling everyone that they HAVE to play with people of “any class or spec”

Nobody has to do anything. Just like you don’t have to try and get into min/max groups as someone who doesn’t min/max

if I wanted to play the role of a Warlock that only plays with other Warlocks, I would be perfectly within the ToS of the game to do so.

is he… is he even arguing the same points anymore? did i miss something? he went from min maxing is bad for people who like to bully others to , let me play whatever class and spec i want… i dont think he made that point originally, and on top of which i find it rare in any case where someone gets upset with me over not being the “right” class or spec

The argument line there was a response to you who was responding to me when I was talking to another person about how in the real world so long as you can do the job you can’t be discriminated against because you are different. So long as you can do the job. It was a weird line of conversation you would have to follow the whole thing to understand.

Because there’s always more you could be doing. And if you do decide you don’t want to improve yourself anymore? Then you shouldn’t be surprised or angry when people don’t invite you to content that is beyond your ability.

That’s like a high school dropout being angry that a job requires a college education.

1 Like

once again very true

Again Blizzard has said it’s possible to do all content with all classes and specs. Just because you choose to follow the meta doesn’t make you right. Being off meta doesn’t speak to your ability.

1 Like

and you can

That’s the thing though, you are responsible for your own reputation on the forums. It’s a forum, not everyone will agree with your views/ideas, they are here to be discussed and usually people can agree to disagree (not often I know.) Having people on ignore who disagree with you or call you out for your past threads basically means you don’t want a discussion forums, you want an echo chamber. You are free to do as you please of course, don’t let me deter you, but that’s just my view on that.

As mentioned by others before, this elitist vs Casual thing only serves to divide the player base further. Much like this “faction-centric” expansion divide players over something that happens in-game (view all Darnassus related threads, Horde vs Alliance threads) especially considering most (not all) players play both factions. I personally like more choice and don’t follow the “optimal cookie-cutter builds” but I also don’t engage in all the end game stuff either. I like making alts and I think Shadowlands will be good enough for that.

ive sure somewhere ive seen mythic kills on final bosses in raids with off meta specs for classes. whats your point there?

Sure, but you’re ignoring that you need to be skilled with your class and spec if you want to do more difficult content.

You can’t just grab 20 random people and expect to clear a Mythic raid.

Blizzard specifically designs content for different skill levels. Just because you are happy with your skill level does not mean that people are wrong for excluding you from content that does require a higher skill level.

I really wish you people would follow conversations so I don’t have to draw the lines every time. The point is, that person I was responding to was saying that class and spec points to your ability. However if its possible to do all content any class and spec. Then it most certainly does not. You still have that ability to complete it.

1 Like

except he didnt, he said a lack of maximizing your damage is a sign of your experience with that class and spec… and thats true build your char however you want, but as you become more familiar with them, youll find youll pull better numbers… even with off meta stuff