Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

Yeah, people like you. You hate the idea of people playing their own way. It’s your way or the highway.

Most RPGs will let you respec easily or allow you to build up enough points to buy everything.

And guess what? DA2 allows you to respec if you don’t like your choices.

2 Likes

You see it that way because you are overlooking his aggression due to your fondness of him. I had never heard of the guy before I engaged in a conversation with him and he quickly escalated and was very aggressive. It is without a doubt in my mind that he brings it on himself by lashing out at everyone that doesn’t side with him and his 4,000 irrational threads a week.

Since you do, you don’t see it.

I don’t find equality and desire to play the game without having someones play style being forced onto you as irrational. I see that as a basic human who has core values revolving around freedom.

Everything you do in the game is voluntary. Nothing is forced on you. There is no human rights charter in the game of World of Warcraft, just a Terms of Service. His hostility is more at risk of breaching the ToS than people who choose to play with like-minded players.

Point of perspective really. You see as fine because it’s just people who choose to play with like-minded individuals. We see it as form of hatred, choosing to exclude people because they are different.

At least I think he thinks that way too. He seems to have expressed as such.

No, not a point of perspective. There is literally a terms of service and there is literally not a human rights charter in World of Warcraft. That is not subjective. That is objective.

Forcing people to play with people who do not have similar interests, desires, or goals is literally removing their freedom to enjoy the game as they please. How does that coincide with

I see that as a basic human who has core values revolving around freedom.

If you don’t min max or want to do things like, say, M+ efficiently and optimally… why would you want to be in groups with people that do? Would that be fun for you? To have your playstyle not at all work with theirs but have to do it anyway?

Or are you saying everyone should be forced to play the game your way, even if you are 1 person in a 20 man group?

Actually, you know what

you’re trolling. There’s no way you’re really believing this lmao

1 Like

honestly i kinda understand, i dont particularly agree with min/maxing everything either , thats the one reason i dont touch content outside of my community group, however thats just the nature of people. i mean first thing i thought with the covenant (besides which one had the cooler plate armor) is which one id have to pick due to optimization for the class ( not even spec mind you)

Because removing another persons own freedom isn’t usually viewed as such. By excluding people you are infringing on others ability to freely play the game. Forcing your own way of playing onto them. Min-maxing yourself is one thing but the expectation that everyone else does it is another.

1 Like

Nothing is stopping people who I do not wish to play with from entering the content they want to enter. Me leading my own group means absolutely nothing to their group.

Me telling you right now that I will literally never invite you into my groups does not stop you from logging on and playing the game.

This is literally what you are trying to do to people who do not play the game the same way as you.

you are effectively telling me it is okay for you to force me to play your way but it is not okay for me to force you to play my way AND it is not okay for me to just not want to play with you for not playing my way.

1 Like

But if that is wide spread, it greatly hinders the capacity inwhich I can. Your point of view comes from a place of privledge.

1 Like

his point is that he doesnt want to play the game with people who dont share his views… and honestly thats fine, so long he isnt getting into random groups all the time and screaming that everyone has to max their numbers then hopping into another to do the same thing

People not wanting to group up with you can not reasonably be called a “form of hatred”. That’s like saying that companies that don’t hire everyone who walks in off the street are engaging in a “form of hatred”.

You don’t understand that is what is happening by the acceptance of this behavior.

1 Like

If you rephrase that to be the same way I said it. I would agree. Companies that choose to exclude people because they are different is a form of hatred.

Many of us feel that pain. Then there are specs that are functional … but not fun.

1 Like

hint hint, im not the best player and have been booted from groups for bad numbers, and thats fine actually the one running the group has that right to do so

1 Like

But you’re doing it more generally. As in companies shouldn’t have any requirements for being hired, otherwise they’re “excluding people for being different”.

Imagine a trucking company being told they have to allow blind people to apply as truckers, otherwise they’re “excluding people for being different”.

1 Like

Cool, you accepted a behavior that spread exclusion and hate. That is you right to do so, but imho. It’s damaging to the community as a whole and a big reason why the place is so toxic.

1 Like

Actually they are told that. They have to try to work with people within reasons if they have disabilitys like that. Person can’t stand to do the job. Give them a chair. So long as the job gets done they can’t choose to not hire someone because of that.

i feel like you are tying to compare being booted from groups for low numbers like minorities being mistreated , its not even remotely close. the way to deal with min max players is… let them play with the group of people who share their view like Ddzz said, and for you to group with people who share YOUR view of casual play