Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

The pragmatic solution is that rather than trying to solve balance by attaining perfect balance between all classes and all specs in all forms of content, whatever that even means (is a class “balanced” if they have 1 PvP comp that’s brain-dead, but another class has flexibility to play multiple comps with counter-play opportunities) , we simply dissolve barriers that slow down player’s ability to reroll new characters such as infinite grinds and say “Okay, we know the game isn’t perfect. If class X is meta, we’re going to make it easier for you to level up a new character and chase that down”. It’s also healthier for the game as it creates more players consuming leveling content, it reduces the “end-game bloat”, players play more classes and have a more dynamic experience than spending all their time on one character, and so forth.

Allowing spec flexibility only makes things worse. People get more rooted in their one character, more loyal to it, not willing to roll a new character. I know it seems strange to you to roll two rogues, but what is the fundamental difference between a sub rogue and outlaw rogue, or an enhancement shaman and a destroy warlock? Most gameplay is spec-based gameplay anyways, having two characters with two different specs is not that different regardless if they share a class. You’re only used to it now, because Ghostcrawler made spec-swapping free.

Good lord that’s not how it works

If I roll 2 rogues that extra reroll took away the time I could have leveled up my hunter

Then I might have to level up another hunter

How many druids would I have to reroll if I wanted to play them in all aspects of the game with the abilities I wanted?
8 druids?

There’s nothing wrong with being loyal to a character. What are you anti-rp? xd

I honestly have no idea the mental gymnastics required to make yourself think that’s a good thing

1 Like

Character loyalty creates all sorts of problems. Blizzard to have to waste time trying to satisfy an arbitrary level of balance between classes that is entirely pointless because as soon as the next major patch comes out that balance will 100% be disrupted and the cycle starts again.

So many resources would be freed up if Blizzard didn’t ever waste their time trying to attain the state of balance that class-loyalists want. “My mage isn’t as good as this Rogue for M, wah wah”. Blizzard also can’t do cool stuff just for one character. Remember green fire? Mages were whining about wanting their own version of green fire. If you want green fire, just play a Warlock and experience it yourself. This idea that everything has to be symmetrical for everything all the time everywhere is unhealthy.

If I can’t play this dk, then I won’t play the game. It’s simple.
It’s not a problem that Blizzard should try to fix, but caters.
People don’t play wow like an arcade and just keep restarting from scractch.
Wow has gotten big because people builded their characters throught the years.

Again I,d put the piece of advice I gave about balance, not trying to balance will only cause more discrimination.

This is just straigh insane for me to think that people want to keep making characters to play the game as the main way to play the game.

That is legitimately one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen which is both amazing and horrific because this is a Ralph thread

I don’t think we can have a conversation because what I think you’re saying is so beyond wrong I can’t even think of where to start

1 Like

You can take that approach, but you’re being dishonest with yourself if you really think that your class should be top-tier for all forms of content forever. “Meta” will always exist and your class will never be the meta all the time.

It’s really not. You’re just mad that your Burger King mindset isn’t catered to. You think you should have it your way, and your entitle reality was built around being the “big special boy who gets two scoops of ice cream”, and Ion Hazzikostas is saying no, and you’re now shell-shocked.

It wouldn’t be such a harsh lesson if you were playing any other class, but Rogue has been pretty resilient as a class and hasn’t really ever had to reroll to chase the meta as much as some other classes.

No you’re just so far beyond wrong it’s pointless trying to reason with you

Oh by the way I rolled a shadow priest for BFA and had to reroll at the start due to how horrible they were

I rerolled into a death knight which also sucked until they got buffed after I bailed out on BFA

If my class is terrible in a content, then I don’t do that content.

It’s Blizzard job to make sure this doesn’t happen.
Being meta is another thing.
I don’t need to be meta to play, just not to suck.

Meta is only the term that people like you like to throw around because they don’t understand that there’s math/science behind it too.

2 Likes

I’m calling this one a lost cause buddy

Cool, another thread to mute

This is the thing. The idea that other players can force you to play a spec you don’t want is not true. There may be a consequence (like not getting in as high progression without forming your own team) but you are never at the actual mercy of others.

Blizz though, can force you and this is what brought us here.

2 Likes

Hi so youre Ralph. I was accused the other day of being your alt. Funny people in these forums.

Lmao, they clearly are missing the point where I main male pandaren that are always named Ralph no matter what class they are.

Though I am not surprised my haters lack good observation and analytical abilities

1 Like

Yet you’ve only killed 5 of the 39 mythic raid bosses available.

1 Like

Basically this.

I’m in almost every thread. Pointing out things that look wrong to me. It’s just a coincidence.

Well, maybe one day you’ll tell that guy when he gets back from his ban to stop being so toxic himself instead of just shielding him from the backlash of his toxicity yeah?

Wait, he got banned? What for? I personally not seen anything actually toxic from him. Just a dude sharing his point of view. One that I seem to share 90% Of the time. Equality of people in the real world, and the dislike of min-maxing being pushed onto others. Plus one or two more topics. If I see him wrong though, I’ll be sure to say so.

Right now I just see a lot of people attacking him on a personal level because they don’t like his point of view.