Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

I don’t want to RP my guild wiping because we all took the mechanically worst covenant for our role for the sake of our RP.

The reason you are wiping is because you are failing mechanics or you are underperforming, because any covenant just like any spec can down mythic bosses.

Bad players wipe groups, not bad covenants.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, dude. Give it a rest. At some point you’re going to get banned if you keep up with these deliberately inflammatory posts.

The talents could be swapped at will for a cost though

By WotLK the cost wasn’t too bad and was really helped out by the godly system of duel spec

Pfft.

From what I’m seeing Covenants are going to be no where near balanced or fair across the board.

1 Like

So what you are saying is m+ covenant people, let’s say necrolord are only gonna play with necrolords.

What will the venthyr do now? They are end up doing m+ with themselves and realize they dont need necrolord to do m+ effectively.

And the same goes for necrolords who do raids.

So what’s gonna happen when half the playerbase is the aoe covenant and the other half is the ST covenant yet they both do raids and m+

I think there are better ways to fix the community, a good start would be you not making more toxic threads xd

“The people that don’t think like Ralph” xd

And we already have this in term of classes, we didn’t need more of this.

Or people are just logical and want to invite players that give them the more chance to complete content as efficient as they want it to be. Nothing force you to play with those players. But you are imposing yourself selfishly on the group if you feel that you have more right to be in other players group than them choosing what their group should be like.

Players will wipe, players will fail. Even world first raiders wipe. But putting all chances in your corner to accomplish a win is logical. Some people care more, some people care less. Play with people that have the same mindset as you, nobody force you to play with people that don’t have the mindset as you.

1 Like

The same argument can be made for specs that aren’t meta. Glad to see you indirectly acknowledging that blizzard doesn’t actually need to enforce a solution here. :slight_smile:

At best you’re going to have half of the playerbase not enjoy their m+ experience because they have no recourse for favoring raid. At worst you’re going to have half of the playerbase consistently declined from content over it.

There’s one major difference, a non meta class isnt the center of the expansion, you might be able to avoid playing with ferals but sooner or later you will end up playing with someone from another covenant.

Unless you go “I refuse to play with anyone not necrolords for m+” and the other covenant goes “I refuse to play with anyone not venthyr for raids”.

How many people do you honestly will go to such extremes?

If you cant enjoy beating a m+ without the most optimal build…something feels wrong, like if your enjoy DEPENDS on your build being as optimal as possible without caring about whenever it is fun or not, have you talked to anyone.

Because you are saying that if you dont play the most optimal build/spec, you cant have fun, have you considered what this implies about you and what you care about, and what fun implies in this perspective?

It is almost as if you dont care about the game and just want to “win” which of course implies, if you dont care about the game, why should the devs listen to that kind of person’s feedback?

Most of this thread is just people that Ralph’s ignored talking to each other.

Does he see how many replies there are in total still?

What’s interesting is basicly Ralph tries to boil it down to min/maxing but it’s not only min/maxing.

We also don’t know how bad is the difference between covenants. But yes it could have the “bad spec/class” effect. I think removing covenants from the equation is naive.

That’s one of the biggest strawman I have ever seen. And I have seen big ones.

But it all boils down to “Ralph knows best because he’s Ralph”. Only his feedback should be valuable. People clearly don’t like playing the game they have played for many years. How pretentious.

Probably, but he’s not one to really like the reality or logic. He’s enclosed himself in his own world.

We wouldn’t get these threads if Blizz wouldn’t go forward with these borrowed powers.

For a cost; when dual specs first came around respeccing within one had a cost similar to the original respec costs. That was somewhat sticky and required travel.

It wasn’t total access to all specs and freely reconfigurable in the field (with a cheap consumable).

When you reach the point people are changing talents by encounter, you’ve gone too far.

Maybe the problem is more how the talents are designed then.
You could play most of the game in TBC/wotlk without changing your talent tree.
Now you have very specialized talents, you either can do aoe or not, etc.

And that is the problem of covenants, they are too powerful and different to not being able to swap them. In the scenario where they don’t allow the swap, they will have to nerf them down a lot, make them less flavorful.

1 Like

If we follow that reasoning, we get to total homogenization.

I don’t think that would be a good thing.

What’s going to happen is the top end players are going to find a covenant ability that cheeses multiple fights, Blizzard’s going to nerf it, and all the casuals that are also playing said covenant are going to get screwed in the process since they can’t try something else.

I can’t wait for the tears to flow, it’s going to be magical.

Nah.
He has some gems sometimes that are genuinely funny.
https://imgur.com/a/dhy9pyo

Lmao actually got banned for that, some people simply just dont like fun xD

I disagree. Classes can still feel very different without having to rely on talents. They have done this in FF14 sucessfully.

What’s going to happen can be way worse, we don’t know. But clearly people with time will realise the problems more and more. I expect really bad feedback if this makes it live.

1 Like

Oh absolutely. If this makes it to live, I’m going to enjoy the chaos that follows and as I have already said, the tears aren’t going to be from the upper end players since they already know what’s coming and have prepared for it.