Hype at 0, probably less

The GDKP relies on shame to keep the cycle going. You’re a bad player you have no gear. You’re a bad player you are poor. Join us we are good players we will get you the best gear and make you rich just give us enough gold and you can be awesome.

2 Likes

lol I can hear The Incredibles humans saying “it’s time for them to JOIN US or GO away!!!

I’ll support you on that opinion.

GDKP means more people are raiding and thus prices go up :expressionless: doesn’t really seem like a fault of GDKP, it’s just something that happens when lots of people are raiding and needing to buy stuff.

1 Like

Lol hit the nail right on the head with that one. Now I want to watch The Incredibles.

2 Likes

The problem with wow is the entire community is parasocial with itself. I would like GDKP’s in a perfect world but peoples ego’s inflating and them thinking they’re better than those who don’t do it is super cringe I’m ngl

Just wait till these people have 28 bosses a week to raid. Wonder how much free time they’ll have to “organically farm their raid consumes without swiping” as they so heavily claim

2 Likes

You know as someone who doesn’t play that well I would be fine with giving everyone a tip or providing the consumes even if I got nothing cause I don’t care about gear I enjoy farming, flying to different zones, seeing the whole of Azeroth, and bumping into random chatty people. TBH I have never even raided never really attempted to raid Trade was littered with comments like ninja looter! And GDKP promotions it seemed like a really uptight unpleasant atmosphere. I legit didn’t need gold until I needed 5000 and I kept paying to post but legit nothing I produced was worth anything. Yes yes I know it still isn’t an excuse what really made me mad at myself was I just made the economy even worse for players who enjoyed playing the game the way I do. This game isn’t just about gear and gold it’s an entire world where everyone in it gets to be free and silly. It’s about mooning people it’s about escaping the status quo not crunching numbers, keeping ledgers, and trying to stay ahead of everyone else. That’s how I see it anyway.

That alone is making me contemplate quitting and then coming back to play it when there’s not many people left to see if that makes things easier. I am heavily discouraged from farming anything at all. I was ahead of my guild the last several phases.

I won’t play it at all. There’s no point to anything you do in the game. Everyone has the same sht, everything is stupid easy, the games just hollow

2 Likes

Not even close to true lmfao.

Shouldn’t you be buying gold to prepare for p4?

1 Like

Literally facts. Wow talking on here on phone sucks

1 Like

That’s how most era players need it.

They need to raid with the bumpers up.

That way you can see their sick Lucifron parses…lmfao

3 Likes

Notice me senpai!!! Notice me!!

1 Like

The sales pitch is totally dependent on shaming people who don’t participate and praising those who do. Oh look your awesome now not as awesome as me but more awesome than the " newbs".

2 Likes

You have never done a single discord organized gdkp huh?

It’s literally a community.

2 Likes

The EDM scene I used to be a part of when I went to music festivals has a community too but I would argue that it’s built off of ego and pride lol. Idk I can see your point but I think the problem is people not GDKP’s.

Yes but the GDKP community is filled with people harboring shame from that 1 time they bought gold and they deal with it by shaming " newbs", telling themselves they are awesome, and hording gold so they never have to buy again. They aren’t friends they are partners in crime or the boss who never gets their hands dirty. But again that is my perspective on GDKP because A. The delivered gold was titled Thanks for the GDKP( didn’t even know what that was) B. Those I have spoken with either constantly brag and/or attempt to shame others. C. Blizzard banned them and said that GDKP and RMT are intertwined enough to warrant an experimental ban.

2 Likes

You’re projecting

2 Likes

Glad you at least know the term for it.

sounds like your middle school experience is being confused with gdkp, you imagine any group you are excluded from are like those kids who gave you wedgies back in 2017

pretty weird to paint a goldbuyer joining a gdkp as the innocent victim, sounds like a narrative a person who bought gold previously would make because he was told he was bad and then he never made it to the awesome part because he was perm banned

2 Likes