Hyjal realm merging into Proudmoore?

Proudmoore is already hell during the Vale World Boss week. This is just going to make the lag so much worse.

2 Likes

I moved some of my Proudmoore Horde Characters to Tich because Proudmoore Horde is dead. I considered Hyjal… but went with Tich because it was PvP at the time, and that seemed fun.

If Blizz merged Hyjal and Proudmoore back during WoD, when I was debating transfers, I would have been able to play both Factions on the same server, and never considered Tich at all. Which would have saved me some cash, and also let me have all my guys on one server.

It is too late for me. I have been on Tich a while, and I have an army of Alts there. But this could help others who feel stranded on Horde Proudmoore or Alliance Hyjal. It is an issue I experienced. And it is an issue you acknowledge - Except you think they should just transfer off.

I might play Proudmoore Horde a bit more, now that I will have company. This helps increase the population in more ways than one.

3 Likes

to me, this just lets me have X more characters who can interact with my guildmates.

Shrug.

I didn’t think it was much of a benefit to faction balance servers now either but people were asking for them to do this.

^ probably. But really are the numbers important enough?

2 Likes

Is Hyjal a high pop realm? They are merging low pop realms with high pop realms.

I’m still waiting for the Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune RP realm group to be merged with some high pop realm groups. Cause CC/SOE is DEAD.

I play on both realms. Hyjal is a Horde heavy Proudmoore…its west coast based and has a similar feel. I don’t think its going to impact the community in a bad way.

2 Likes

We’d love to have you.

1 Like

There’s always “growing pains”… it’ll subside.

I really want those servers to be merged with proudmore.

Ah. I think that they’ll probably only couple RP servers with other RP servers.

2 Likes

This is a very poor decision in a line of very poor decisions that actiblizzard has made. That sums it up pretty well.

1 Like

They aren’t going to connected RP servers with non RP servers

1 Like

I think this is basically a way of shutting down Hyjal, if it has such low population it isn’t worth keeping open any more. Arguably it might be better just to shut down Hyjal officially, and give everyone there free transfers for all their characters, but I guess Blizzard’s not ready to do that yet.

? It is a high population server. How are you arriving at that it has a low population.

2 Likes

They’re merging a high pop server into a full pop server? My mistake. That seems like a bad decision.

2 Likes

Hyjal is like the 9th most populated Horde heavy realm. It’s always High on the population status. No way they are shutting it down. And then Proudmoore is like the 5th highest Alliance heavy realm. It’s going to make a mega realm for sure.

3 Likes

Stormrage has mostly alliance? Not with sharding…

This is quite easily the worst idea Blizzard has ever had. I cant think of anything that comes close.

1 Like

With these mergers of High Pop servers, does that mean blizzard has no faith in their game every gaining players again? Does this mean they know SL will fail? Proudmoore already has a crazy queue for months after an expansion launch…

I think new players are not joining low pop servers. They are joining med to high pop servers.

In addition, people are leaving low pop servers in droves to med-high pop servers in order to be able to play with more people.

Rather than giving people on low pop servers free char transfers before shutting down the servers, they are merging them.

In this instance, it sounds like two high pop realms where 1 is super heavy ally and 1 is super heavy horde so they will combine and be more equal between the two factions.