Hyjal realm merging into Proudmoore?

I agree this doesn’t make sense both are high pop. Also I really people would learn the difference between mergers and connections. This in NOT a merger.

4 Likes

Proudmoore is already thriving. Seems an odd choice to connect it with another realm. I’m not against it, per say, just hoping it doesn’t mess up the AH/economy. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t really know anything about Hyjal, but having more mythic raiding guilds around can’t possibly be a bad thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only have the old projection data from Warcraft Realms which died…I want to say early BFA? I think? So it’s mainly from my memory.

Then there’s nothing to worry about with a few more people coming, if as you state you already have those barriers. Like minded RPers on an RP realm won’t change much.

If you look at wowprogress that gives you an idea.

Proudmoore	PvE	en		          15460	        957	   14503
 Hyjal	    PvE	en	      	      7244	       6773	    471

in comparison since ppl are mentioning Stormrage - even combined those two servers likely don’t have the same total population as Stormrage.

Stormrage PvE en 26083 663 25420

1 Like

Eh, Moon Guard is essentially the New Vegas strip and never sleeps, while WRA is the suburbs outside of the city. It is a different strokes for different folks.

Ah I see well hopefully it all works out in the end for everyone then, it would be a shame if this was just some type of server load test for blizzard.

Pretty much my concern. It’s shocking to see two servers with higher populations get connected. Makes me wonder if they’ll connect Stormrage with Thrall or something.

2 Likes

I would be shocked if their technology could do that, I main stormrage alliance these days and every single place I go its crawling with players out in the world. Adding Thrall would be hilarious but I’d be down if their servers could support like a few hundred thousand people with no lag.

2 Likes

Well… idk. I’m pretty on the fence about this decision, but in this particular case RP is a game mode not a group of people.

Believe it or not Raider IO website also offers info on realm populations, and some other stats. Wowprogress offers good stats too, as someone already mentioned.

2 Likes

Nordrassil/Muradin is such a chill server. Hardly any trolling or selling runs mostly. It will be a bummer if/when that changes.

1 Like

If Thrall is all horde and horde have different cities then it really wouldn’t be an issue. However, Shadowlands everyone is together so we shall see.

Yeah I’m not really against mega servers…per say…but I do not like CRZ and I do not like phasing/sharding. So if that’s their solution with making servers larger then I really want no part of it.

2 Likes

As someone who plays primarily ally on MG and horde on WRA- THIS entirely.

Blizzard is barely capable of holding their servers together on some of the servers as is. Especially on ptr.

5 Likes

I played on Hyjal up until the end of Legion before coming over to Proudmoore. The faction imbalance is flip flopped between the two. Hyjal is almost all Horde while Proudmoore is almost all Alliance. This is a great move.

Now can I have my money back after server/faction changing a guild so I could move all my gold? :joy:

6 Likes

Shush! don’t give 'em any ideas!

Actually, I have a goblin on A52, maybe I can make it work out to my best goblin-y interests… :moneybag:

No! Stay off my realm!

hisses and claws at you

1 Like

I agree I’m hoping eventually these merged realms eventually all get transitioned into mega servers like classic has and retail used to have all one massive single server no shards or layers etc…probably won’t happen but I can dream since they said they regretted the damage to in-game community that those changes caused.

What the heck does LGBT have to do with wow servers O.o

5 Likes