Hyjal realm merging into Proudmoore?

This is an odd thing for sure.

I have to ask myself a few questions here:

Is Blizzard this out of touch with it’s realms?

Why force an Alliance heavy realm together with a Horde heavy realm on an already high pop server, is this kind of server balance needed this late in the games life and will this cause queue times?

Will Hyjal players understand and respect the gaming environment on Proudmoore?

5 Likes

Only if you consider speculation like you did also being irrelevant. Odd thing to start out speculating what will happen and then get upset when someone suggests your speculation may be wrong.

2 Likes

I mean, it is. Duh.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Absolutely not! If we do get merged, it should be with another alliance-heavy server. Don’t divide the community between two factions. I love the fact that there’s basically no horde on Lightbringer.

2 Likes

Maybe they are testing how well they can handle mega sized servers.

I dunno what all the fuss is about, a more diverse player base won’t hurt Proudmoore, they should be inclusive and welcome their new friends.

3 Likes

Unless they’re anti-LGBT, making Proudmoore just a wholly more-unfriendly place.

2 Likes

It’s like merging Moon Guard with WRA. Completely different server cultures with completely different folks and goals.

They’re large servers, so it’s just weird that they’re doing this at all.

5 Likes

I feel sorry for you. I have nothing but bad experiences with people from proudmoore

3 Likes

I’m asking myself the same thing, it’s not like Proudmoore has no Horde players at all. Just as Hyjal has some alliance, too. But there’s certainly more Proudmoore Horde than there are Hyjal Alliance, with both realms being high pop as well. It just doesn’t seem like it’ll go well.

As for being out of touch with their realms, I have no idea… Seems like they’re out of touch with the game itself. :man_shrugging:

There are players of the LGBT community within Hyjal too, it’s just not as outspoken as it is on Proudmoore.

2 Likes

Maybe interacting with that community will change some minds if they are, no?

Ah I see, well as someone already stated the population indicators have been incorrect for quite some time since they made the change to them and we might finally be seeing bigger servers as blizzard probably has learned a few things from their classic mega servers. As for the different cultures I’m often told diversity is a strength so perhaps it will be good for everyone involved with this merger.

2 Likes

Well it’s because blizzard is doing such a great job with WoW and everyone loves it and is coming back to play it! We will be reaching 12 million subs again in no time. Everyone loves BFA yaaaaayyy!! Blizavision!

1 Like

I’d rather feel safe and comfy than stress about changing minds all day. Do you have any idea how exhausting that is? I’m here to play games, not to debate.

9 Likes

I just don’t like this direction personally since Blizzards servers can barely handle a 30v30 confrontation in a capital city. Making an already large server even larger just doesn’t bode well. Hyjal and Proudmoore aren’t some tiny servers.

I don’t disagree with the overall statement, but when you’re in a game and you choose to surround yourself with like minding individuals it makes for a better gaming experience in the grand scheme of things. It’s why guilds are still popular after all.

6 Likes

People have been asking Blizzard to use faction ratios as part of mergers/balance forever.

Here is a perfect scenario of balancing 2 completely lopsided factions to be more balanced and it’s still complained about.

Honestly, I’m hoping a goal of all this connected realms is a removal of CRZ in max level areas.

6 Likes

Good news, they can continue about their business without interacting with the new people then its a win win for everyone. I’m not sure what there is to stress about that wouldn’t get those people banned so it should work just fine. Besides we can’t be giving special privileges to specific groups of people or everyone will start demanding special treatment, in the end we all just have to play together.

1 Like

Genuinely lol’d

1 Like

Already exists with RP servers though. We do have special barriers setup by Blizzard otherwise we’d be Warmode sharded with normal servers.

2 Likes

Nice to see someone else has been paying attention to what people have been asking for as well.

I would love to see CRZ disappear and I think that should be the goal since they are combining enough people they shouldn’t need it anymore.

1 Like

Not to sound rude or anything but do you have actual statistics on the player base sizes of the realms aside from the inaccurate tag from the server menu? I’m genuinely curious to see the actual numbers that blizzard has access to hence them making this change.

2 Likes