Hyjal realm merging into Proudmoore?

I’ve been looking for a new realm, but while I love PM for everything that it is, I haven’t gone there because there are no Horde. This could actually be the most awesome thing to happen with merges.

2 Likes

I was not expecting the Hyjal-Proudmoore merger. I play Alliance on Hyjal because that was the server my husband (boyfriend at the time) played on since 2004; I started playing in 2010. I’ve always been saddened with how few Alliance players there are but Hyjal is home for me. Though I’m confused with this decision; it will be nice to see more Alliance players and not be vastly outnumbered by the Horde.

3 Likes

I can only hope this means we’re heading towards merging everyone into one connected megaserver.

3 Likes

Don’t you put that damned curse on me. We have enough jackasses on A52 spouting Reich BS.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I’m quite a bit concerned about the lag this could create. I guess I’ll have an idea what this will be like in a few days. Hopefully it doesn’t end up a mess. Especially on pre-patch or launch of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I have played Alliance on Hyjal since 2009- started on Hydraxis in 2008. I logged in the day after they announced this merge was happening and saw maybe 8 other people in Tradewinds Market. Our guild was one of the originals in Vanilla on Hyjal and as people have gotten older and had kids our participation dwindled. Our GM logs in just enough to keep ownership of the guild but most of the time it’s myself or my husband on alone in our guild. We tried looking for new Alliance guilds but Alliance on Hyjal is a deserted wasteland. I’m super excited to be merging with Proudmoore, maybe now we can find a guild again with similar interests. I’m not willing to pay to move all my characters off Hyjal and likely lose all my names after playing for 12 years- really I shouldn’t have to just to have people to play with. I think Blizzard is probably seeing that this is the case for a lot of Alliance on Hyjal- they just stop playing instead of transferring characters to a more active Alliance server. Blizzard should be balancing factions a bit more- ultimately it benefits game-play and obviously would help their bottom line if it prevents people from quitting because they have no one to play with.

7 Likes

This is what I’m most concerned with, too. Tbh I don’t care if Hyjal tips in favor of the Alliance at all, I just don’t want the realm to break from connecting the two. The same goes for Proudmoore. Both realms are awesome in their own right, and I don’t think we’ve seen a connection of this size happen yet?

Any intermittent lag aside, there is without a doubt that there will be log-in queues on SL release though, so that’s also really discouraging.

Populations “tipping” doesn’t matter when both factions have plenty of guilds and people to play with.

When entire factions have dead populations, people who are stuck there need to pay additional just to play the game at a certain level, or even have a decent experience.

People need to stop crying that the opposite team is going to be playing in their sandbox, because some people didn’t have any sand to play with at all.

I get it.
Some people enjoy having absolutely 0 competition from the opposite faction, and some have outright even said in some places they enjoy never seeing the other faction, but that’s not the heart of the game. You have to share your space, and these lopsided servers should have never happened in the first place.

“B-But my wait times!”
Welcome to playing on any high population server. Have you considered transferring off, like many other people have had to do because they literally cannot play the game at any time? Not just expansion launch?

1 Like

Blizzard is flooding a well to do Alliance realm with filthy horde.

2 Likes

Or you know blizz could actually quit doing crap that doesn’t work like creating massive wait times. It ain’t our fault the servers are so lopsided. they could of just let everyone on seriously underbalanced servers just transfer for free to wherever they wanted. i came to pm to get away from merging never whined about paying and ya i was on seriously underbalanced server for like 8 yrs.
i don’t pay to play a laggy game like stormrage is is why i came to proudmoore a perfect size. who cares about pvp anymore wm kind of got rid of the i have no one to pvp if i wanna pvp just wm go pvp .

1 Like

High pop servers, like Hyjal, don’t have queue times, even at expansion launches. Full pop servers, like Proudmoore, DO have wait times at expansion launches.

The lack of queue times is a major reason why many of us choose NOT to play on a Full pop server like Area 52 or Illidan. Forcibly merging us into a Full pop server against our will is outrageous.

I did, twice. In Wrath (before cross-realm grouping) I was on Windrunner, where during prime time there weren’t even 5 Horde players on the server to form a dungeon group. I moved to Silvermoon. A couple years later, Silvermoon Horde had dwindled away and it had become an Alliance-heavy server, so I moved to Hyjal.

Hyjal was - and is, until Thursday - a Goldilocks realm for me. High pop, but not so high that we have queue times. And Blizzard is forcibly taking that away.

Once again, you presume to speak for others out of your unrelenting spite for Horde players. Get off your high horse.

1 Like

Hi Shirt, thanks for your input. I just don’t know why you RP-realm players have to get so nasty on these forums, but I for one am certainly not crying.

First off, I play both Hyjal and Proudmoore, so now all my toons are being brought together. That’s great, and I’m excited for that. As for being discouraged by the impending wait times that are coming with SL release, that is voicing my opinion (with another player), and nothing more.

Secondly, Hyjal was once an Alliance dominant realm. The realm did indeed “tip” in faction population from Alliance to Horde sometime around the Cataclysm expac. I’ve been playing on Hyjal since 2005, and I started the game as Alliance so I witnessed this all occur. It was extremely frustrating to come back from a short break during Cata and to log in and see nobody around in Stormwind City, come to find out that everybody switched realms or went over to Horde. So I get it too, having no sand in the sandbox to play with. Thankfully the LFR system was introduced so that helped a little bit.

There is most certainly competition for things as well, I see people from Proudmoore in open world content ALL the time, both in warmode and in non-warmode, as well as I see an occasional Hyjal Alliance player while I’m on my Proudmoore characters. Just because RP realms are Alliance heavy does not mean that everyone else who enjoys not having to compete so frequently with the opposing faction is wrong (which is definitely the vibe your post is giving off.)

Lastly, no, I will not transfer my characters off my realm. For starters, I converted all of my toons from Alliance to Horde during MoP because I was tired of having nobody to play the game with (and didn’t want to realm transfer with the guild I was raiding with, which was ironically to Proudmoore.) So I won’t be doing anything of the sort again. If Blizzard offered free transfers off of the Proudmoore/Hyjal realm then I would take that, but other than that I am just going to have to deal. Just FYI, Horde gains zero benefit from this connection, so naturally a lot of us who play on Hyjal Horde are not going to be too elated by this connection.

What’s funny is that he also thinks the factions should be merged, and just cannot understand why Horde players don’t want to play with Horde-hating Alliance players like him.

Proudmoore did not have queue times for the past two expansions…havent seen one at all since WoD.

1 Like

Good to hear, sadly that might be coming to a close in a couple months.

Merge the factions? What is this person, 12 years old? Warcraft/WoW is entirely built off of the two factions. Merging them would invalidate the entire point of the franchise lmao…

1 Like

Maybe it’ll be fun we’ll see. Also stream Hannibal ty queens. Periodt . :slight_smile:

For those not reading the official sticky, Blizzard just posted that the Hyjal/Proudmoore connection has been cancelled.

It’s good to see them listening to the concerns of players from both realms!

2 Likes

For folks that don’t wanna go lookin’.

5 Likes