Hyjal realm merging into Proudmoore?

Proudmoore did not have queue times for the past two expansions…havent seen one at all since WoD.

1 Like

Good to hear, sadly that might be coming to a close in a couple months.

Merge the factions? What is this person, 12 years old? Warcraft/WoW is entirely built off of the two factions. Merging them would invalidate the entire point of the franchise lmao…

1 Like

Maybe it’ll be fun we’ll see. Also stream Hannibal ty queens. Periodt . :slight_smile:

For those not reading the official sticky, Blizzard just posted that the Hyjal/Proudmoore connection has been cancelled.

It’s good to see them listening to the concerns of players from both realms!

2 Likes

For folks that don’t wanna go lookin’.

5 Likes

Way to cave to the vocal minority again Blizz.

7 Likes

hugs Hammerdan

It’s ok. We can be close buddies now!

ETA: I’m glad they took a second look at this. It’d make more sense to connect us with another smaller realm.

1 Like

It’s a shame, so few alliance players remain on hyjal it would have been nice to merge and have it as an experiment overall as to what a more balanced faction ratio would look like.

On the bright side we get to keep our dead silent trade chat and leg room.

They could always link us down the line to a server that would balance things out. This connection would have just had it go from Horde dominated to Alliance.

1 Like

I am looking for the proudmoore-hyjal forums but I can not find them in the “All Realm” list.

It’s because they called it off.

It’s also there if you scroll up 5 posts above yours.

I’ve been on Proudmoore for a while now, and I’ve enjoyed my time there. That said, the reason my H side characters are on different places was because of population. I am hopeful the community stays as it is and this move balances the factions a little more.

I’m baffled why this connection wasn’t made. Majority Alliance realm, majority Horde realm. The hell’s the problem here?

Was it solely just Proudmoore hand wringing?

1 Like

I’m baffled why a player on Uldum even cares at all?

I wouldn’t have personally had a problem, but some people did. For me, it would have made playing on Horde side Proudmoore a little more attractive, but that’s about it. For others, I think the idea of forcing a group of mostly Horde players to play on the unofficial LGBT server seemed like a bad idea.

1 Like

Im on proudmore. I was looking forward to the link, as it would allow me however many more toons on my “server”.

2 Likes

The removed the cap on toons per server, so you can have all 50 of your charcters on one server if you want.

2 Likes

oh wow. Haha ok. I did not know that.

Merging opposite-faction realms creates unnecessary lag and queue times and benefits almost nobody.

Fifteen years ago, when PvP was restricted to your current server, sure, balanced servers made sense. But these days, they’re only a detriment. To everyone.

Who would actually benefit from merging these realms? The ten Alliance players on Hyjal and the 50 Horde on Proudmoore? And we’re going to inconvenience tens of thousands of others, just for that? No thanks.

3 Likes