Hunters, Season of Disappointment

i just got done leveling a scorpid all the way from lvl 10 to 25, i picked the model i liked best, only for it to get nerfed into the ground suddenly and now it hits like a wet noodle. now i will have to level a whole new pet because of these balance changes I feel like they should have left it be for the phase and not jump around like this it is annoying. my respec is already going to start climbing up because of the sudden changes

The only enhanced thing of a hunterā€™s rotation is the 20% stat increase, itā€™s not interesting or new, itā€™s just hurr-durr bigger number.

Kill command only works on bite and claw now, removing any interesting things about it. The only other thing that competes to kill command is sniper training which once again. Bigger number.

All the new abilities are extremely bad, they OOM the hunter instantly or share a CD with arcane/aimed shot. Lone wolf is bad, master marksman is just more numbers too.

Nothing is enabling hunters to do more, itā€™s just them doing the same but with more numbers. Look at warriors where people see them as nothing burgers with the changes in SoD. Rage on bleed? It lets them do more! A bunch of new moves to allow for a more interesting playstyle and enabling two-handed. Consumed by rage promotes building up rage rather than spending it right away.

I donā€™t want anyone to think this is me saying hunters are bad, theyā€™re not bad. Theyā€™re just the same and only get bad when you change to the new toys. It just sucks.

5 Likes

Ive made a hunter and im enjoying it, and my damage is pretty dang good

Have you ever played one in classic before? Itā€™s the same. No one is saying that Hunters arenā€™t an enjoyable class. Theyā€™re saying that they feel cheated because they didnā€™t get anything other than some passive boosts to the same gameplay theyā€™ve been used to for the past 20 years. Everyone else got new gameplay to engage with.

The exciting parts have been doing the new raid, mostly. If Iā€™m just going to have to auto shot and multi-shot into end game in what is supposed to be a classic plus Season of Discovery experience while everyone else continues to get interesting new abilities, I would rather just quit now.

6 Likes

Yeah, this is where Iā€™m kind of split. Having hunters be the same but more is actually something I personally am happy with, but I can 100% understand why someone would look at a Metamorphosis lock and be jealous of the new shiny.

1 Like

I mained a hunter in Classic Era, I canā€™t say this is too interesting. I wanted to play a melee hunter but thereā€™s just no support for it and half the moves are a bit buggy too for some reason. Iā€™m still going to stick to hunter cause I do believe there will be more changes come 40s and 50s but yeah, things are underwhelming. best i just alt for now.

I donā€™t really see the more unless you just mean that we do more damage. I mean thatā€™s pretty much a given when you are twinked out and have some passive boosts, and a world buff. Everyone is doing more damage and they also get new abilities.

You can nerf Rogue all you want weirdo lol. At no point have I ever said Rogues should never be nerfed. It just happens they are in a fairly good spot right now in terms of design.

I get this, too. Personally, I hate the idea of melee hunter, mostly because I think the Survival tree is the most interesting, and I enjoy hunter specifically as a ranged class with a pet. But I do get the appeal.

Likewise with Lone Wolf. I kind of hope that if they do make Lone Wolf the raiding spec, they do it for like Naxx or something, when people have comfortable enough gold stashes to dish out the 50g respec fees a couple times a week between raid and literally anything else.

I guess I could live with a melee spec as the most viable next phaseā€¦ though, I think next phase is when weā€™ll be having the most fun as ranged in STV, and I hope thereā€™s at least the option to be ranged-centric with most talent points in Surv.

no theyre not. rogues are top pve dps. anyone with a brain in pvp can kill any class with relative ease. theyre the current monster levels of broken class the reason nobody complains about them is because 90% of noobs go rogue and then ree on the forums when they canā€™t zug everyone down so that itā€™s actually rare to see a rogue who actually knows how to play the class. the only thing you cant kill is paladins other than that the class destroys anything and everything.

Having big numbers does not mean the design is bad. I am sorry you are incapable of understanding this extremely, extremely simple point. Unlucky.

I can not understand why people are taking level 25 pve parse ranking so seriously.

im not talking about big numbers. im talking about in pvp ranged slow, gouge, shadow step, ranged stun, spammable backstab, no longer needing 0 damage poisons to deadzone warriors and hunters etc. the reason rogues were balanced in classic is because they lacked all of these class design abilities. now the class if it gets any more tools is going to turn into retail rogue in which if you give it any relatively decent damage it is beyond broken so that by bad class design the class must have bad damage in order to be balanced in pvp.

In pve just like in classic/vanilla wow the class revolves around literally 3 buttons. sabre slash, slice and dice and the occasional thistle tea or envenom weave in order to 99 parse and be the top damage class. so basically rogues in sod have the worst class design factors of both retail and sod.

so yes i understood your point. i am not talking about ā€œbig numbersā€ and i hope you understand my point in that you do not know your own class.

2 Likes

Absolute braindead take, lets have hunters melee weave and completely eliminate the 10% crit rune from standing still.

That rune gives 0% crit in testing already I hear.

Yeah its not great on some fights when you have to move briefly which is why they need to add a 3 second grace period where if you stop moving you still keep the buff, I played hunter in WOD and this was a thing back then.

No, I meant that people on the hunter discord are saying that even when youā€™re holding still and getting the buff it is not adding any crit. I have not tested it myself because even with the crit it would not be worth it, but I thought Iā€™d throw out what people are saying.

1 Like

I think the rune is working it just doesnā€™t reflect in the character stats but I havenā€™t personally tested it myself, thereā€™s no target dummy to reliably hit for a few minutes with and without the rune and compare # of hits being crit.

Wrong, look at warcraft logs.

You know even if you sort by 1 day it wonā€™t include the lateast nerfs right?