Hunters, Season of Disappointment

Click the button and set it to “over a range of 1 day” Hunter #2. Wow.

youre judging by the median man thats a hard meme.

To be fair, if you know how to play the game, most players are a free HK. It’s not just 19 in 20 Hunters that don’t know how to play their class.

Median performance is being generous when I read some of the replies in this thread.

Yup a literal troll and people keep feeding him.

I’ll head over to the wetlands for some grave moss and put this to the test

I’ve killed a lot of rogues today who got their openers, and that was with a cat, not a spooky lightning worm.

1 Like

everyone on the top edge of that graph didn’t run windserpent before the changes. they were running cat and marksman. i know because my guildy was running marksman. the nerfs to hunters dont even affect pve at all. they completely destroy the class in pvp because all these noobs in chat some of which ive actually have had to teach how to play their class are complaining because they think that all they have to do is zugg their enemy down.

1 Like

Do you understand how skewed results are if you look at parses instead of averages?

The #1 dpser is Ahlaundoe, he literally gets every item first, the whole raid comp is set up around him doing the most dps, if he ever messes up they wipe it and go again. That is not even close to a realistic scenario for anyone else.

1 Like

do you understand that my guildy got a 100 parse on baron aques the first fight and is not in that guild? and do you understand that we were above 90 parsing running both cat mm and windserpent bm and capping out at around the same damage like kelris with 98 parses? do you know what youre talking about? no. troll. stop.

Proof please, I’m pretty geared on my hunter and poison was ticking for 30 at five stacks with lion and hawk up.

I think your full of something that stinks.

Hunters are broken and literally unplayable if they’re not top DPS? I never knew this.

1 Like

No I have literally no idea what you are trying to say.

warriors were already doing like 30% more dmg and rogues not far behind, and the worst part is the class just reverting back to how it always plays in vanilla what’s the point of playing hunter when it’s just the same with the same cats

2 Likes

I mean, meh…

Hunters are still hunters, and whatever happens, we’ll still be able to have fun being hunters.

This sort of experience is probably giving the devs some pretty good insight into how the class works, and that’s kind of great, really. There are of course some questions around what sorts of things they think hunters should be able to do, and what’s representative of Classic.

Are we going to keep having some cool, class-specific solo farms? I sure hope so, and I’m looking forward to seeing how things shape up.

In the meantime, we’ve got to explore a pretty great range of pet abilities and their impact on solo play, wpvp and Raiding, and overall, that’s actually really cool.

I think that they should have reset hunter talents when making changes that are going to mean we’ll need to change our talents around, and it would be nice to have long-term stability, but hey this is Season of Discovery, and we’re having fun, aren’t we?

:woman_shrugging:

Interesting how many Play Hunters yet they are Posting on Threads on another Class eh

It would be more fun to have a class that doesn’t play exactly the same as it did in 2019. Telling people that they should be having fun isn’t going to help the problem. Blizzard needs to try and address this without further upsetting the balance of the game. Just adding more runes to whatever slots come next isn’t going to fix the problem with the ones that already exist. Hunters shouldn’t be the only class that really get nothing new.

what im trying to say is that you dont need a whole raid buffing you to reach 100 parses and your comment criticizing comparing high end parses over median parses is borderline ficticious at best

i myself and my guildy are on the high end of those parses and we’re not doing anything special or having anyone buff us specifically as youre claiming is going on at those high end parses. my guildy in our main raid team who is literally averaging a 99 parse is forsure not having anyone else buff him or do anything special for him because they are all competing with eachother.

if anything we have just understood the class better quicker compared to the median that will eventually copy our builds once the youtube grifters get ahold of them. that is why you compare the upper ends not the median in the very beginning of an expansion in which people still don’t know how to play a class.

that is also why you don’t make such drastic buffs and nerfs before your playtest base ie the players have actually figured out how to play their classes. im sure once the moron rogues and such actually figure out how to press their buttons they will learn how to counter hunters and wouldve stopped complaining on the forums about how they cant retail rogue every class in a classic game because rogue is actually hard in classic.

I guess the phrasing of, “we’re having fun aren’t we?” could have come across that way, huh?

I should have said that I’m still having fun. I can totally understand why someone would be frustrated with all the rapid-fire, knee-jerk changes, and instability to their class’s playstyle.

I was thinking about this. Like, most classes pretty much play the way that they did, but with some enhancements. But some classes (like Paladins, for example) are much better, and this is obviously game-changing… and then other classes, like Warlocks have a completely different role, which is maybe like another game? I haven’t played a lock in Classic, and I only ever played on during OG TBC, so I’m not sure what that’d be like.

Anyway, I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but I’m also not sure to what extend I agree. Like, is it better to have classes just be somewhat enhanced versions of what they already are/were, or better to have much more game changing differences?

:woman_shrugging:

So far it’s just been season of discover the cool things that other classes get. We’ve even seen emergent gameplay with some of them like mages using rank 1 frostbolts and permafreeze to make living bomb and living flame just absolutely truck people in PvP. That’s extremely exciting. We just really weren’t given anything to work with because it seems like the developers don’t know what to do with a hunter.

Which honestly makes no sense, they have decades of expansions to draw upon, tons of skills and abilities from when hunters were good, and yet they only added the most boring ideas they could possibly think of. The ones that did have any excitement to them were nerfed before they could even really be used by the majority of players, and even then there’s really no synergy to make any sort of interesting build outside of cookie cutter era builds.

4 Likes