Hunters, Season of Disappointment

This is the most triggering imo. I’ll be fighting a warrior in combat and they’ll just charge to me and I can’t do anything from that point to get them off me or get away from them. Sure wish I could freezing trap, but can’t be used in combat. Why do warriors get a rune to use their charges in combat but us Hunters can’t get something similar. :sob:

1 Like

A lot of people probably will miss this point but I think one massive reason hunter is disappointing in SoD is the fact nothing big has changed for them. All their new toys have been completely gutted and trashed. With Wind Serpent and Scorpid getting the nerf (rightfully so) and no compensation since the needless nerf of chimera shot and the panic nerf of explosive, hunters are back down to the same routine of Classic WoW.

Aimed > Auto > Multi > Auto.

It’s just not different, there’s no reason to go other runes that provide change. Yes hunters are topping the meters but I am personally disappointed because of no impactful changes to hunter. I could get the exact same experience out of hunter in classic era and not be locked at 25 currently.

7 Likes

Any hunter that steps in to do melee weaving also has to do mechanics. I sit in the sweet spot and melee every 6 seconds. That takes more skill expression than anything you do.

2 Likes

That’s funny, at 25 and pretty geared out mine is ticking for 28 at 5 stacks on an enemy that’s one level lower than me. Care to provide current proof of your statement.

Here’s my proof:

https://imgur.com/a/JxgpZrZ

Saber Slash is just Siniter Strike with a bleed. Out-the-gate the best Rogue dps spec plays the same as it always has in Era. Mutilate is bad, Backstab is ‘competitive’ but strictly worse than Saber Slash.

Rogues aren’t calling SoD disappointing. Overall Rogues expected this as there isn’t much you can do with Rogue in Era to elevate it to some new way to play, there just isn’t good energy generation in the base game.

Hunters were rightfully nerfed and are playing similar to Era–welcome to the club.

You guys literally got a new role. You also haven’t been nerfed five times now. I guarantee if rogues were nerfed five times they would have been on here complaining the whole time. Same for Warriors. In fact they would have complained so loudly that it would take up every thread on this board.

All of the complaining here is pretty mild compared to the complaining that fury Warriors were doing on the wrath forums last year.

4 Likes

Rogues have a massive gap closer in the form of shadow step, a better concussive shot, a new strong bleed and an entirely new tanking spec basically.

Yes, they aren’t complaining because they have VERY new toys to play with. Hunter would too if they didn’t nerf them so hard, lone wolf as a concept is pretty unique but falls short cause of it getting nerfed early.

5 Likes

We never even got to use Lone Wolf when it was possibly useful. The only people that even complained about it were content creators. And it would have been totally fine, it was an absolute overreaction.

Lol

Clueless

I await all of the complaining tomorrow when everyone is running MM+Cat. Omg, a hunter comboed me for 600 with aimed shot, bite, and flanking strike! Nerf now!

clearly new. go watch pshero play rogue. learn when to gouge and how to full rupture/garrote a hunter and deadzone with crippling poison. to help you out and teach you how to play your class. place crippling poison on atleast one of your weapons. stealth up to hunter. press garrote ss and rupture. press sprint button and backpedal into hunters deadzone. gouge pet. wait for full bleads to tick. vanish repeat process. use thistle tea if you run into issues. enjoy now you know how to win a 1v1 vs a hunter or a warrior!

This is balanced because the Hunter had to actually press buttons to deal a lot of damage.

i cant tell if youre trolling or just very very very bad at rogue. scroll one comment above this comment im replying to its a lesson on how to play your class.

I don’t need to i just gas them down because they don’t know how to play

It’s the same amount of buttons pressed for kill command and two lightning breaths. The good players were doing it manually to avoid the pet moving and not casting.

Wow, imagine that… skill expression with a pet. Micromanaging your pet IS skill expression.

He’s a troll. As long as you don’t talk about nerfing rogue, he’s cool. He’s been trashing hunters for several days now. Sad life

yea you see thats your issue. its a skill issue on why you don’t know how to counter a class unless it’s nerfed to the ground. trying to “gas down” any class on rogue just means you are very very very new to rogue on classic or sod.

the parses are set to only be from today and Hunter is number two, can you stop screaming and pooping your diaper now.

1 Like

Ah yes the new players have worked out the math that I can beat a hunter pets damage output by just hamming on a hunter whilst the option you’ve given me requires full cooldown investments.

I’ll tell you what, when the hunters have control of the fights I’ll keep that in mind, in the mean time I’ll keep treating hunters like free HKs until I come across the 1 in 20 that knows how to play their class.

are you blind. theyre #3 and that’s before the nerfs took place. where are the rogue and warrior nerfs then.