Hunters, Season of Disappointment

Rogue does have skill disparity because they can have actual downtime on their entire kit, including their auto attacks. Hunters do not have (and have never) had issues with downtime like every other class in the game.

This is the funniest post I’ve ever read on this forum. Thanks for that.

3 Likes

I agree with OP.

Hunter class is trending quickly back down to the exact same experience as Era.

I personally love the idea of dropping all of my power into my pet and letting it rip for me while I sit back and do some support actions – and I wish they’d expand on that: let my pet rip, but give me non-dps related things I can do while it does (such as apply sunders or an alternative to demo shout or tclap, misdirect threat, add combat frost traps for control/slows, etc). Fix the absurd damage, but don’t distill it back to cats with bite+claw, autoshots+melee weaving. Don’t make my abilities scale with spell damage, and don’t make my pet frail to the point of useless.

Also, it’s far more interesting to have multiple scenarios where specific pet abilities would be beneficial, giving me choices for pets to bring.

Additionally, these whiplash changes are making it hard to keep up with if I’m now running a subpar spec/pet or not. It’s getting old recalculating what I should be doing every other day – rip the band aide off and get it over with. If we are still top of meters by a huge margin…just let it ride for phase 1 or buff the other classes instead.

4 Likes

So you want BM spec deleted from the game? BM spec is the reason why I subbed. I hope they delete your favorite rogue spec, ffs.

5 Likes

The issue with this playstyle cannot be competitive in DPS, as pets have zero skill expression. They just auto attack and press their ability (well, actually the Hunter is forcing the ability in-macro due to batching).

I am perfectly fine if Hunters become a pet-focused spec, but then they should be bottom half of the meters.

When BM was the best DPS spec (early TBC), the Hunter itself still did majority of the damage (ignoring the early Scorpid snapshotting bug that was in TBC). This is not how it is right now and is a design problem.

Blizzard is complete trash. NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!

2 Likes

Why? They absolutely did until Blizz just changed it. To be optimal, we had to micromanage auto-bite against using KC so lightning breath would consume that instead, then turn it back on while KC was on CD. Lean into that more to make it more interesting.

Instead…they just killed it so we’re back to brain-dead…ie exactly what you are suggesting.

That’s just lazy design – there are a lot of later design choices they’ve done over the years that allowed for active pet management that allow for skill to shine on meters.

1 Like

If Hunters were using auto-cast on Bite they were already bad. It has been known since forever you macro pet spells on to your abilities due to spell batching; the Blizzard auto-cast AI will delay casts naturally.

actually the top parses with the current changes will most likely be marksman with cat. and im talking before the lightning breath nerfs. my guildie parsed 100 on the first boss and high 90s on the others with marksman and cat. so youre 1000% wrong there.

also “plenty of good hunters keep their pet alive every fight because they are not bad at the game” is the most hilarious meme level of complete lack of understanding of hunter or their dps on boss fights or where their central damage comes from.

sounds like you dont know how to gouge a pet on the class yours actually counters in pvp and already out dps’s in pve since the scorpid change and are calling for a nerf because you don’t know how to play rogue.

Let me do rogue.
Stealth movement speed is slow and detect radius is massive, requires 10 talent investment to make it not garbage.
Sap breaks stealth still.
Combo point generation is slow and drops from looking at another target/
No way to generate extra energy at any point in game aside from an expensive tea and a few set bonuses.
Zero buffs, hardly any utility.
Requires group buffs to do reasonable damage.
Damage is completely tied to a few runes.
Back stab still has positional requirements.
Tanking requires a buff to be active that is generated through combo points unlike all other tanks buffs being present all the time.
Most races have a racial that is specifically anti rogue.
No damage cool-downs.

Anyone else want to write a list for their classes?

Still having fun on rogue

Gouging pets is suicide your best bet is to dps race the hunter.

Unsure how I am wrong. Being “with cat” is irrelevant here–at no point did I say it was Scorpid carrying damage. It’s pets in general, and I guarantee his “cat” was going over half of his total damage.

because you don’t know how to play rogue.

I don’t care about PvP in Classic. But thanks for trying to insult me because you don’t have any real points to make. Keep being you.

All of hunters specs should be at the bottom, pet classes are dumb and shouldn’t be seriously played by anyone.

Did you even read the post? Do you not know how to read? He’s completely right. Just because we’re strong now doesn’t mean we aren’t poised to fall off a cliff. This is the peak of hunter power, 19-29 bracket. Even with the small passive buffs of Aspect of the Lion and BM, we 100% mirror era hunters right now. Think about the stuff that other classes got. How is this fair? I’m sure all of us would give up our wind serpents for some actual fun abilities that have scaling, so we could be sure this is worth playing til the end game. If you took this version of the hunter to 60, it would be so far behind Warriors, Rogues, Mages, etc. with all the stuff they got.

1 Like

I sure did

Allow me to reiterate…

Because you’re still a top-tier dps for phase 1

:popcorn:

It’s fair because your class is easy to play and the little skil expression it has, 99% of the playerbase refuses to do.

It would be weird if we weren’t top 5. Hunters have a huge advantage at these levels.

And your class has so much skill expression? Please, this is the dumbest argument that exists. Classic is an easy game and most players are bad, not just hunters.

2 Likes

I agree with pretty much all of this, although, I’m still enjoying SOD a lot and a couple different things we got like BM Rune + MM talents. Not sure why Chimera got nerfed.

How much skill expression you believe a melee class has or doesn’t is irrelevant because melee by its very nature has to do mechanics that cause downtime which is why they are given more dps.