Hunters, Season of Disappointment

Not even close after this mornings nerfs

1 Like

He isn’t just complaining about nerfs if you had any reading comprehension skills. This is a design issue, not a numbers issue.

8 Likes

They’re still doing great in BFD. Nice try.

Giving pets more damage is a design issue, I agree. His whole argument that “you can’t get glancing blows that’s why Hunters are so good” falls apart when pets are the primary damage source for Hunters.

Once pets are fixed, then Hunter damage itself can be rectified. Pushing Hunters to melee-weave in order to attain top DPS is how the class should play, not have pets doing this much.

I think that making melee weaving viable (as in, a hybrid range/melee spec) is going to lead to balancing issues in pvp so long as the deadzone exists.

Classes should not be balanced around world PvP.

2 Likes

Well I won’t mind being overpowered in PvP, so I won’t disagree with you here. I might in some other thread though.

Melee-weaving was already known and the best way to Hunter DPS in 05-06 anyways, Blizzard should reinforce that playstyle instead of allowing pets to do this much damage.

1 Like

I just don’t think it’s possible unless they leave multishot and aimed shot the only viable marksman damage abilities and only give us viable melee damage abilities from here on, which I don’t think the majority of hunters want them to do. Well, they could also remove the deadzone, but I think the majority of other players don’t want them to do that.

So…hunters should play exactly like 05-06?

What happened to “fresh take on classic”?

1 Like

Raptor Strike has a 6s CD so there’s plenty of time to weave out for MS and AS.

Well yes, there is for MS and AS (and MS and AS’s cds slot together well), that’s why I specified that the playstyle would be possible if those were the only viable range CDs in the game, but when I look around and read the room most people are saying “if you nerf pets please buff chimaera/explosive shot…” NOT “if you nerf pets please buff raptor strike so that weaving is BIS…”

If chimaera/explosive shot get fixed, I just don’t see weaving being viable, and people want them fixed, myself included. I don’t expect the three shots to play nice and slot together well enough for weaving to be best with the deadzone.

Well I hope Blizzard doesn’t listen to the Hunters in the room because they have, for decades, wanted the least skilled expression in their kit. They just want to be able to press 1-2-3 and top meters without any downtime or need to do real mechanics.

2 Likes

More than half your bullet points are nonsense. Looking like you hunters are going to need to learn how to play the game now that you are finally balanced out to the rest of us!

Idk man my scorpid poison still ticking for 60-80 and I’m only lvl 20 in full greens. You sure its that bad?

2 Likes

Well, I’m not worried either way, because if weaving becomes viable alongside chimaera or explosive, the amount of damage it does to justify potentially missing part of a CD is going to be WILD and I can’t wait to use that on people in pvp.

Weaving will never be viable. Using ranged abilities isn’t even viable.

3 Likes

why should the only bow/gun class have to melee weave? Why can’t we just do well with our guns/bows.

4 Likes

Ah yes, compared to rogue so much a skill disparity. Spam sabre slash, get top dps.

3 Likes

Rogue does have skill disparity because they can have actual downtime on their entire kit, including their auto attacks. Hunters do not have (and have never) had issues with downtime like every other class in the game.

1 Like