Hunters, Season of Disappointment

Yeah 2 hunters max. we are there for true shot aura and a few pulls. Thats literally it.

Yeah, and you didn’t even read the OP I wrote. You just came here to s**tpost like everyone else.

1 Like

2 hunters max in a 10 man raid is 33% of the dps slots. Remember this is level 25 phase 1.

Was. Now run your logs today and post.

Your post was foolish from the start. That’s not a nuanced discussion that’s just factually incorrect information since glancing blows don’t happen in PVP so why would that have anything to do with hunters being the best level 19 twinks. It was because their uptime was 100% and classes didn’t have gap closers. Your post isn’t talking about the nuance in 25 phase 1 SoD and makes no mention of weapon skill in later phases.

Plus it’s pretty hard to parse through your crybaby starting post when you literally just lied in the first line.

No, you assumed that it was a pvp issue only because you came in here solely to troll rather than have a discussion. You’re nothing more than a troll posting instigating comments.

No it’s because you mentioned level 19 twinks, which is entirely and exclusively a reference to level 19 BGs. Do you just say words without concern for what they mean?

A lot of us what runes changed, the runes with the most dps are passive, most of us are not asking for more dps, we’re asking for more varied gameplay as hunter plays like classic era hunter with the better dps runes now. Where as it didn’t before. SoD was supposed to be about game play changes etc.

Hell blizzard even said “make everyone Op, not just warriors” - but this is besides the point a lot of us are trying to make

That’s literally posted absolutely everywhere. Nice strawman.

The issue is that we’re being distilled back to generic classic Era gameplay again. Everything new in SoD for hunters that were supposed to make them less brain-dead and more engaging to play have been nerfed to the point of not being used again so we’re back to autoshots + cat.

We’re arguing the same thing: hunters are back to brain-dead and we want them to have a higher skill ceiling due to some new SoD rune/mechanic. Instead, they’ve essentially removed all of the attempts they’ve tried already 2 weeks into the season (ie, explosive/chimera are awful, and back to cat mindlessly spamming KC on cooldown). I want there to be meaningful pet management (both prepping to have the right one for the content being done, and micromanagement during combat to squeeze out more dps).

1 Like

You’re not necessarily supposed to get expanded gameplay from SoD runes. But also make a new thread. But everytime someone brings up that the pet nerfs were justified they get a ton of deflection from the people in this thread. So maybe this isn’t the best place to make those arguments since it’s a cry thread about hunter nerfs.

Were the nerfs to pet health and armor scaling justified yes or no? If you can’t answer this very basic question, you’re all just being liars about your real complaints.

We went from unique pets that have never been used before, to homogenized retail pets that can only use 2 abilities in less than 2 weeks. The masses don’t want hunters to have any tools to defend themselves or do dps. They want a target dummy with a 10% raid buff that can only auto attack and provide free honor.

99.9% of hunters using scorpids = varied pet usage? Man what an argument.

Oh believe me, I’ve already started a separate thread asking for rune changes, and I have people in that thread shouting “hur hur hunter wants more dps”.

What would you say of paladins getting crusader strike/divine storm? They seem like gameplay defining abilities to me.

wish granted, but shaman now have a dead zone to deal with, anything from 1 foot to 10 feet, they cant attack with any spells/totems only melee… oh wait the mob is out of melee range

1. Scropids could not stack their special attack. It was 1 application per target. Therefore only 1 hunter could use the scorpid at a time.

2. That was the first time in 20 years that anyone ever used a scorpid pet for anything.

Worse than that, Amideus (the person you replied to) is one of the people in that thread* going “hur hur hunter wants more dps”.

Lol.

Those are not gameplay defining abilities. Neither of those two abilities significantly change how ret plays, it just makes the class feel better because before that the gameplay for ret was right click and afk. We’re conflating baseline mechanics to gameplay changes.

Metamophosis is a gameplay defining rune. That ranged combo generator for rogues is a gameplay defining ability. Pet taunt is a gameplay defining ability. Mage healing runes are gameplay defining abilities.

Runes I don’t consider gameplay defining abilities are things like fingers of frost, ice lance, crusader strike, martyr seal, void plague, twist of faith, etc. Those are all just doubly down on what the class or spec is already doing.

For paladins it FEELS so massive because the deficit they were working with was the grand canyon. They were SO MUCH lower than just about every other class in the entire game it felt like part of their class was missing, because it was. Crusader strike was removed from paladins in beta and used to have the seal of crusader judgement effect attached to it.

The gameplay loop of seal + judgement and melee is still in ret, but now they have some instant attack buttons to press in there. If having a sinister strike is a massive cameplay change for paladins we’re sitting at rock bottom for these changes.

Yeah I don’t understand why people keep thinking i/we want more dps, just want more varied options in runes so it’s not classic era hunter.

Paladins are nothing like classic. Nor are shamans, nor are rogues or mages, all got spec defining abilites, I don’t care about the dps, give me more fun game play

2 Likes

This guy is the biggest troll ITT, maybe even on the Sod forums in general.

2 Likes

Well, it’s because in order for the runes for be viable they have to do dps, since we are, you know, a dps class. They just don’t want us to have any purpose at all at this point.