Hunters, Season of Disappointment

So which is it? Performance in the raid doesn’t matter or the dps of the runes is all that matters? because you can’t claim one then the other over and over. You’re just a liar at this point so I will treat you like one.

Good continue to nerf the hunters this makes me happy :")

I can’t think of any other metric to show how useless our uninspired runes are except to point out how little damage they add, but sure, call me a liar. I don’t think I lied, but I also don’t care what you think. My goal is to hopefully get our runes reworked so that hunter is more fun to play so we can all enjoy SoD more, and not at the expense of others. Maybe it won’t be easy for Blizzard to do, but they’ve already changed flanking strike. It was doing 2.5 DPS before, so we’re getting somewhere. Still doesn’t make melee hunters viable, though.

First, I don’t agree with this. Second, even if it was true that’s not required. Third every other person in this thread is just complaining about the nerfs and then lying about the issue whenever they are presented with contradictory information.

The very first thing the OP said was

So maybe if you have a different argument make a different thread. Otherwise you just look like someone that is mad at the nerfs without being willing to come out and say that because you know hunters were super overtuned.

Imagine playing a hunter right now. Your still pumping hard AF regardless of the changes and are absolutely having a blast. Glad the scorp died, hated that pet. R4 Bite/Claw pets are insane dps atm. Absolutely slaughter house in PvP.

You people are so short sighted. It’s pathetic.

Bad gear availability =/= not fleshed out as a class. They have been implementing a LOT of new gear to support specs. Shaman will want similar stats to a hunter that scales off spellpower for their shots. It will be interesting to see what new gear we get to support that. Right now spell power gear is at a premium.

Blizzard is balancing it around pvp. you are just trolling, people were crying over getting two shot by scorpid

just wanna see these hunters nerf i want to enjoy battlegrounds… not get 2 shot

No, the devs need to add so much spellpower to hunter gear in addition to the agility/stam/etc. that the gear will have to say “Class: Hunter” to prevent shamans from wearing it because it would be OP if shamans got that sort of +sp.

That’s a take. Not one I think you’ve bothered to think through or do the math on. So I’m going to treat it with the same level of insight you did and ignore it.

Arcane Shot should be, at the bare minimum (and it still wouldn’t be enough imo, but regardless), 100 damage right now. That’s + 67 damage. Arcane Shot base SP scaling is 43.5%.

That means we need to add 154 spellpower to get it up to BARE MINIMUM AT LEVEL 25.

PFF WHAT?! You think that Arcane shot rank 3 should be doing 100 damage? Like come on. I think the damage is definitely low, but not 100 damage. That would be nearly 17 dps, almost TRIPLE the value of every other classes abilities at this level.

Horde hunters will always have a raid spot purely because of aspect of the lion. As for the class overall, the arguments people are making are about scaling. That’s great, maybe there are issues there. But there will be more runes, more rune slots and so on so who is saying this is the definitive hunter for the remainder of SoD?

Hunters are just fine, all they will need is some added playstyle changes with the new runes and then they’re good. Damage wise they are doing excellent easily in the top 3. I don’t see the reasons for all the outrage. Ele shamans and arcane mages have had it far worse, they couldn’t even dps some bosses in BFD.

Better not queue up against any rogues then, because they’re 2-3 shotting people as they have been this entire time. Scorpid poison also never 2 shot anyone unless you only had 140hp.

You do realize that Lightning Breath and Scorpid poison were playstyle changes right? That these pets were never used previously? Now we’re back to the 20 year old cat meta.

1 Like

Rogues/Warriors/Pallys are protected classes.

You’re right they were only soloing groups at massive range with zero counterplay. What was the argument again? It’s about the hunters not feeling good? But wait, also they weren’t overpowered? I can’t keep it straight anymore, so many lies.

they are fine

Have you ever watched a single classic rogue pvp video? You would know that rogues can absolutely kill people with 0 counter play available.

Going to do just that a Better GAME anyways warrior will be NUMBER ONE like always.

Class does not scale very well has 8 useless runes or is it 9 now?

4 Likes