Hunters in my guild want to get ashkandi

Wtf are 2h dps warriors? You mean pvp spec? How does that help you raid?

Melee and ranged weps have separate swing timers so some hunters hang out at 8 yds and run in to raptor strike in between auto shots when aimed and multi are on cd. Its definitely a thing.

1 Like

are you really surprised hunters want a melee weapon?

2 Likes

It helps you by keeping your warriors happy and in turn, they will stay in your guild, helping you to progress through pve content, for starters.

And as mentioned, on horde side 2h fury is a thing. A human 2h fury slam style is also really strong with BRE, UTB, Askhandi, etc.

3 Likes

Nah. Literally no one does this. You arenā€™t going to risk clipping your auto shots using a slow swing timer weapon that can and will be dodged, blocked, and parried.

This coming from a hunter who consistently puts up excellent numbers. Not a forum troll who thinks theorycrafting is actually practical.

2 Likes

They can do this theoretically, but in practice they donā€™t want to be in melee range in raids, taking unnecessary aoe damage, etc.

Why? Its pretty bad for a warrior.

BRE blows ashkandi out of the water. There is a reason why people in old vanilla called it a55-candy.

1 Like

Bad relative to what? R14 weapons?

Good luck getting BRE to drop consistently! A lot of guilds have been running MC since launch and have only seen it drop once or twice, if that.

1 Like

BRE is way better, especially for spamstring.

1 Like

Best base dmg for mortal strike (pvp)

Insane AP bonus for bloodthirst (pve - horde, dont think 2h alliance is viable now that slam bug is fixed)

Overall a much more reliable weapon than BRE. Am I glad I am not playing alliance!

Of course itā€™s better. BRE is BiS 2h PvE.

Nobody is going to take askhandi if they already have BRE. The warriors that donā€™t have BRE yet will though.

3 Likes

BRE is still a better weapon, ESPECIALLY for spamstring. Id easily take BRE over candy for that.

I will take whichever one drops first / my guild LCā€™s to me first.

1 Like

Yea, I want it to, but I sure donā€™t need it, I can get either the dal rend set or two bone hatchets with agi enchant. If it gets tot the point where war and pallys both have it, then I will happily take it. Same for pretty much any non mace weapon that looks cool or fun.

Its ok to want things, and ok to say you want them, the real question is, are they throwing a fit because they donā€™t get it over war and pally, thatā€™s when the issue is on them.

1 Like

Yes, there are fights where its a bad idea but there are just as many where being in melee range doesnā€™t matter. You can avoid clipping by using an auto shot timer. The dps gain is minimal, +20% raptor strike crit helps though. its really only done by hunters who are bored of 2 buttons.

1 Like

Another interesting thing is, edgemasters on my server are up on the AH right now for 6500 b/o. I donā€™t see any of our non-orc fury warriors going dw fury any time soon if they hadnā€™t already bought edgemasters. Wish I had when they were 450g 2 months ago.

So a lot of us are focused on 2h fury right now and hoping we get good weapon drops. Also a lot of our warriors are ranking between raids in order to get better gear for PvE! Since we donā€™t have a tier set, this is super important, and we definitely are putting in work. Lots of reasons warriors want the 2h weapons to benefit the guildā€™s PvE progression, other than just themselves for PvP purposes.

2h slam for alliance is still viable, itā€™s just not cheating anymore.

2h slam existed before the bug and will continue as a niche spec after the bug.

People have been doing it on private servers for years, where it functioned without this bug.

If your guild isnt using DKP and is usingā€¦ loot council (spits), then you have a legit complaint since Ashkandi is better for hunters than warrior or paladins.

Bonereaver is too ugly to be used, sorry. Itā€™s not a valid weapon for anyone, turn it into nexus crystals.

Style is endgame. Iā€™d rather use a white sword than Bonereaver.

3 Likes