Hunters in my guild want to get ashkandi

Lol no, they can’t. No hunter will ever use any melee weapon in a situation where they can use their ranged weapons.

Just roll the dice & stop acting like OCD communist tryhards.

8 Likes

And that right there, ladies n gents, is why you stay away from roll guilds.

A huntard getting ash over a warrior would literally make me puke.

4 Likes

for alliance 2 handers should only ever be used in PvP.

so Paladin=Warrior> hunter imo.

1 Like

Id put hunters > paladins > warrior. And I play a warrior. If who gets the best use out of it is a concern: There better swords for warrior and a warrior who prioritizes dps should be dual wield fury at this point. Ashkandi is far more beneficial to a hunter.

If you’re using dkp, then may the best man win.

2 Likes

If we are talking dps maximization here, and thats the only objective means of deciding, then a hunter would get far more use out of it than a warrior who should be DW fury. A paladin would get more use out of Sulfuras or Bonereaver.

2 Likes

If you are meleeing i.e paladin or warrior bone reaver is way better. Hunters gets more use out of Ash as a stat stick.

Here’s how I see it. If you’re on a PvP server, 2 handers should be warrior priority. PvE server, who cares.

My guild also has a number of 2h fury warriors using OEB or BRE at the moment. A couple of the orcs are DW axes already. Some of us may switch to DW fury later on but a weapon like BRE or Askhandi can still be very good for PvE DPS into AQ.

Regardless, if a warrior wants a 2h weapon to use strictly PvP, they should still get priority. They’re the only class that can use 2h weapons in general that aren’t just using them as a meme (ret paladins, enh shamans, hunter stat sticks). Arms warriors are vital for competitive PvP and the kings of Vanilla PvP, just like how they are the kings of Vanilla tanking and PvE dps. They know it, and you know it.

Call me elitist, but you know it’s true. Keep your warriors happy. If not, you won’t make it through vanilla content because they’ll leave to other guilds that will recognize them for what they’re worth.

2 Likes

Horde 2-h fury is a great DPS spec.

2 Likes

Straight up hunter weapon

1 Like

I disagree. Giving someone something from a pve raid that they will only use for pvp over someone who will use it for pve is a waste. Dont pve for pvp gear.

This is relative to guilds who arent using dkp in the first place.

Even BRE is better for spamstring.

Pretty sure hunters don’t want 2 handers for PvE either. They want askhandi largely for the stam, for pvp.

shouldnt dps warriors be dual wield? in which case they want ashkandi for PVP which is an off spec so shouldnt everyone get an equal chance

4 Likes

Id rather see a hunter take it than take 2x 1 handers from dw fury.

2 Likes

That’s a valid argument, but also that’s PvE server mentality.

Hunters also get Lok’delar for free. They can wait until melee dps have their weapons, so that they can roll on their stat sticks. It’s not an argument about MS > OS, or PVE > PVP. It’s more than that. It’s: Uses weapon damage for primary abilities > does not use weapon damage for primary abilities.

Edit: I understand if someone disagrees with me. There are arguments to be made about min-maxing PvE progression and so on. This is just my opinion. I am a warrior elitist and I admit it. I think I have good reason to be since we’re playing the vanilla version of the game.

I would encourage any hunter who wants to be rolling on 2 hand weapons in raids, and thinks they deserve them over warriors, to roll a warrior and level him up to 60. You will see why warriors get so annoyed about this. Your weapon is an extension of yourself. Without his weapon, a warrior is nothing.

9 Likes

Let the dice gods decide. Open roll, high score wins. If it goes to an enchanter who d/es it for mats, then that is just the will of fate.

I’d rather an enchanter D/E askhandi than a hunter win it over a warrior haha.

5 Likes

What about people who just take it to the vendor for gold? :wink:

1 Like

True, we all need gold. What you could do is sell it back to a warrior for more gold than the vendor would pay. :bulb:

And I bet you a warrior would always pay more for it than a hunter. Cause when push comes to shove, hunters know it doesn’t benefit them that much.