Hunters in my guild want to get ashkandi

Should they be allowed to have it over 2h dps Warriors?

5 Likes

prio should be warriors > paladins > hunters

6 Likes

tell them to get dub bone slicing hatchet with double +15 agil lol

26 Likes

Your hunter should be swinging a Nightfall.

what is he thinking?

15 Likes

No.

Warriors, then Paladins, then hunters / DE.

Intelligent hunters should be dual-wielding their stat-sticks anyway.

12 Likes

Yes, they should get it over a 2h warrior…

2h warriors use bonereavers edge or go fury.

19 Likes

Ashkandi is a pvp weapon. Any serious guild will require their fury warriors dual wield for dps, leaving two handers relegated for PvP. BRE is bis arms PvP weapon, Ashkandi is a close second. Ashkandi, as an upgrade from say, OEB, will increase a warriors pvp experience more than a hunter upgrading to Ashkandi from lok’delar. However, Ashkandi is PvP BiS for hunter, while it is not PvP (or PvE) bis for warrior.

26 Likes

Why paladins? PvP?

Ret isn’t a PvE tree, if you want to do DPS as a paladin you’re stacking SP and wielding a fast 2-hander.

EDIT: SP, I MEANT SP

4 Likes

2-h fury warriors are great if they play Horde.

3 Likes

Not as great as 1h.

2 Likes

Well of course they want it. It looks cool.

However, Barbarous blade is better than Ashkandi by a mile. Lok’Delar is as well. Even peacemaker is better.

Ideally the hunters should be aiming for brutality blade and core hound tooth though.

I have found that in classic though, all gear gets prioritized to warriors. Even corehound tooth. /sigh

4 Likes

Hunter weapon.

2 Likes

Those 2 weapons (brutality blade / core hound) are just far bigger upgrades to actual melee dps compared to a hunter.

You can get barbarous blade fairly easily with
1 crit, 60 AP

Or take both 1h weapons in MC to get
2 crit, 9 agi, 20 AP
The agi is worth 18 AP and .17 crit

So you are taking two large upgrades from melee to gain 1.17 crit in exchange for 22 attack power.

You dont even have the agi enchants yet to benefit from an extra 5 agi on dual wield. By the time that’s in, you can also use warblade of the hakkari, which is much less in demand.

It’s not surprising that guilds give priority to melee dps on these weapons that are pretty small upgrades for their hunters overall.

As far as Ashkandi goes, there are no serious 2h PvE specs, so it really doesn’t matter if a hunter wants it. It gives a large amount of attack power, and the 33 stam on it is more helpful than people tend to give it credit for.

If you have a 2h warrior (why on earth are they not fury by now?), or a Ret paladin, they should probably get first dibs, but after that? Whomever wants it should be able to snag it if they can equip the thing.

4 Likes

Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

14 Likes

Wrong, BRE doesn’t proc enough for it to be BiS. Watch any streamer with it in a lengthy pvp engagement. They’ll lose stacks of the proc. Thus ashkandi with it’s much higher top end is bis. Same went for pservers, had both and I’d choose kandi every day over BRE. Going into the fight with a bigger stick and not have to rely on procs.

Also further proof, kandi is basically the equivalent of r14 sword. So if all warriors reaching r14 are dropping bre for r14, how does that make BRE bis?

Bottom line, Kandi is a strictly pvp weapon. Give to who pvps the most. If you have a high ranking hunter and warriors with 200 hks, give to hunter or vice versa. However, if warrior and hunter both ranking then warrior everytime. The weapon makes a warrior not the hunter.

4 Likes

Eh, I’d say give it to whoever is actually going to swing it first. If you’ve got a melee hunter, cool. Otherwise give it to the warriors/paladins.

It should go to whoever pvps more

2 Likes

I think your guild should have a loot system in place, and everyone should understand it prior to raiding.

9 Likes

Right.

BiS is BiS sir.

Melee replaces those weapons almost instantly as soon as they step into BWL.

Corehound tooth is used by tanks for one fight in one raid.

Also, I didn’t say that I didn’t understand why melee should get melee weapons. Only that when you reach a certain gear level and are waiting on two pieces that are legitimately better for you for a far longer period of time than other players-

It sort of diminishes the desire to continue contributing to that particular raid.

Expired is right though, BRE is better in PvP for warriors than Ashkandi. It is BIS PvP for Hunters and good hunters can even weave Ash in PvE to increase their DPS.
If you want to “check streamers”, then check and even ask Zetox who is arguably one of the best Warrior PvPer out there. BRE > Ashkandi in most situations.