Hunters can now tame dragons and undead. Again, warlocks, the other pet class get...?

Meh that’s ok, how about ranged weapons having the ability to have ILLUSIONS!

Yes, while cloud serpents are dragons, they are unrelated to classic Azerothian Dragonflights.

2 Likes

Nothing that the size scaling hunters use wouldn’t fix :slight_smile:

All classes that have a pet, whether it is summoned temporarily or permanently should have a huge list of pets to choose from.

Tame them, raise them, steal them from npcs…whatever, just give every job equal options for pets to fight along side.

It adds enjoyment to the game.
:+1:

7 Likes

Agreed!

10char

Well, we talk a lot about locks, but DKs and mage frost should get more options too. One of the new mage glyphs gave a model like Jaina’s mount? Would be cool xD

2 Likes

Yeah no real reason at this point in the game, in the spirit of customization, for class quests to return or class system added to add to the customization. Eg:

• Mages collecting “summoning spells” to change their elemental
  • Shamans going on spiritual journeys or something to collect new totem visuals
  • DKs having a laboratory in Archerus where they can customize their minion ghoul
  • etc
2 Likes

oh boy, in this case i’d only play with pet classes xD

Hunters are the new hero class. That and Druid, as they’re also getting insane options.

If you’re playing a Nightelf Druid or Night Elf Hunter, you’re basically going to have a great time in SL. Night Elves and Druid/Hunter, are getting all the options…

Some of the other races and classes are really being left behind, and it kind of sucks.

:salt:

If this was a pet collecting game, hunters would actually be boss. Unfortunately, this isnt the case.

Are they sentient? Only one I remember was the Jade Dragon whose name I can’t spell.

I would like if the DK ability “Control Undead” could be beefed up a bit. Right not it only lasts 5 minutes, and when it runs out you either have to retake control. If you are too far away from the original capture point it will just despawn. It will also vanish at times depending on where you enslave it and where you go (grab one in Icecrown).

Even in Blood i use this ability quite a bit. Having it so the undead creature will stick with you until killed, or until you log out would be a good improvement. The log out idea similar to a conjured item. I think the lock’s ability could function the same way (i’m not 100% sure how it works though, do not play one).

1 Like

Besides that one I think they have all basically been beasts of burden.

Perhaps, but there are already tons of hunters in the game. These new options may draw more people into the class and/or make them dust off their old ones. Unless you are the best of the best for this 100% dps class, it might drift to more of a solo game for them.

Warlocks, 2nd lowest played core class… so sad.

enough with the blurring of the lines between classes, keep originality and signature aesthetics. players and op’s who want to blur lines more…players who see other classes with similar system such as pets (but warlock and hunter ‘pet system’ is intentionally and flavorfully not the same - on purpose) and yet they demand it to be the same. sigh

I’m glad we can’t tame or enslave demons and enjoy the lore that we’re summoning them through portals from twisting nether and places.

I’m glad we get named entities, entities with their own names and personalities and lives before we rip them from their dwellings to serve us.

some of us form bonds with our demons, others just use them, but it’s cool we don’t get to choose them and rather they are our minions via us calling them from wherever, as opposed to simply taming our demons of choice.

there’s more unique to the warlock/minion system than there is to the hunter/pet system, in that our minions are already named beings living their own lives until we grab them, whereas a hunter can simply tame any old animal and name it.

I’m glad there isn’t overlap between hunter, dk, and warlock, and all of our ‘pets’ have a unique system beholden to lore.

enough with the blurring of the lines between classes, keep originality and signature aesthetics. players and op’s who want to blur lines more…players who see other classes with similar system such as pets (but warlock and hunter ‘pet system’ is intentionally and flavorfully not the same - on purpose) and yet they demand it to be the same. sigh

I would love to see warlocks be able to go out and bind different demons like how hunters can tame different pets.

I think it would be neat to see different warlocks running around with different demons instead of everyone running around with the same. More options in my opinion is a good thing.

3 Likes

I will gladly play even the least played class if its as strong as warlocks have been for the last two expansions in pretty much all areas of the game.

Some of them can be considered sentient. I know Yu’Lon is and I’m pretty sure you can put Nalak, Tsulong, and Rei-Lun in the sentient category as well.

1 Like

You guys get different types of pets?