Hunters are ruining BGs

Yep, just have your saltwater potions, racials ect macroed to your I win button.

2 Likes

Agreed with Dooman. MM Hunters get most of their kills from Single Target high burst damage + their range execute (Killshot). Other classes like Affliction locks, fire mages, balance druids, etc are usually top damage for Overall damage because they do all the pad damage (waste damage), but they’re usually have low KBs. In PvP, it’s always about Burst damage and get a kill. But some ppl just like to be at the top for overall pad damage because to them that is fun.

And pad damage isn’t a waste in most cases either. It puts ambient pressure on people, drains healer resources, and can bring people low enough for the bursty boys to finish the job.

Everybody has their part to play.

2 Likes

I macro Saltwater to Adrenaline Rush, and combo it with Ghostly Strike. Makes me a genuine threat for all of… 10 seconds.

It’s not as grand as a Rets go but it’s something.

1 Like

Oh yeah that’ll do the job though. When I play on my dk I have all that together with my pillar of frost, grabby hands and all that.

When someone has zero defensives left and their team isnt paying attention, that’ll melt someone.

Plus I love playing my DK not because of its dmg or getting KBs. Its using my death grip with chains then watching my team melt em when they attempt to get away.

1 Like

Haha hit an AB tonight with SEVEN

Here’s what you do to solve this problem:

1. Log out.
  2. Go to the character creation menu.
  3. Pick your race.
  4. Select “Huntard.”
  5. Embrace the stupid.
  6. Enjoy the tears.

:sob:

…Problem solved. :smirk:

Edit: …But wait - there’s more! Don’t forget that “Huntard” is like a license to troll in dungeons, too. Run tank pets. Pull everything - and if it looks like a wipe, just FD and walk away. It’s what you’re expected to do. Destroy those DPS meters… at any cost. :beers:

3 Likes

Misguided suggestion.
A lot of BGs are extremely open, and a lot of environmental obstacles like the stumps in WSG just don’t block line of sight. Also, hunters can drop an owl and just ignore LoS if you try to draw them into cover. If you get a fight against hunters in something like the WSG flag room, it’s a little less miserable. But we’re still talking about a class that has the most front loaded damage, FROM STEALTH, that can’t be interrupted as easily as a caster and can just ignore line of sight for 12 seconds if you try to tuck yourself into a corner to LoS them. If two people want to push into the flag room and kill a flag carrier, there’s really no better option than two marks hunters.
Their biggest weakness is rogues, but rogues can’t really do anything to a hunter that’s just huddling together with his team. Best case scenario, a rogue commits 100% of his time to stalking me (even though I’m invisible as I move around the map) and trades his participation in the BG for mine. But in 99% of BGs, there are more hunters than rogues and he can’t stop us all.

Source: I got fed up trying to heal through hunters and just decided to play one, and have played an absolutely maddening number of BGs on my hunter in the past couple months because it’s more fun and impactful in BGs than any of the classes that I have 10+ years of experience on, even though I have a massive amount of room to improve.

That’s kinda what I thought at first, but explosive shot damage is so high that having salvo just to get a second charge of explosive shot on one target is huge. Especially for killing plate classes. Also just cleaving the damage so the healer has to choose between healing himself or his team mates as they drop to 60% hp, which opens up good quick swap targets for me since marks burst is so high that you can 60 - 0% a lot of classes.

Y E S
Or at least make them weaker against melee ranged targets. I miss the days where as a mage, you could face hug a hunter, but if you stayed at range the hunter would demolish you. Now you just get demolished.

honestly marks is probably one of the bigger hard casters in the game. There’s just not a lot you can do to stop their casts. Hard CC, disarms or something like feign death. They also open from stealth or 40-60+ yards away where you can’t cc them anyway. They can’t do a ton of damage while staying mobile, outside of trueshot anyway. True shot reducing aimed shot cast and cooldown on rapid fire lets them have like 15 seconds of mobile damage. After that you’re very limited by focus regen and longer casts.

I don’t really get why so many people think this. Hunters have a wealth of great defensives.

eh, affliction puts out pretty worthwhile pressure with their AoE. Dotting up 3 targets and spamming MR usually results in watching a healer with imp curse of tongues just panic and fall over because their brain is overloaded trying to figure out who to prioritize heals on. Affliction is just a lot easier to shut down than hunter (but also passively tankier and easier to pocket heal if they are getting focused imo).
Their struggle is more that fights end before agony can ramp up because damage is so high, and half of every BG being hunters and rets who can clear dots with bubble and feign death. Affliction shines when a team is good enough to pop defensives and survive the first 15 seconds of a fight.
The damage is only padding meters if all you do is tab corruption the enemy team. That just gets smart healed by renewing mist, or negated by healing spring totem or any of the other big AoE heals that just get thrown out on cooldown.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. I slip in, I trounce the little sniper man, and I grapple hook back to my own team. Works like a charm.

Bring back dead zone and let me kick aimed shot. Hunter fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

N O

The deadzone will have disastrous effects on PvE. PLUS, 90% of you guys aren’t even getting within 20 yards of a Hunter. Explosive Shot, Bursting Shot, Exploding Trap, Disengage… Deadzone will have no difference in PvP and negative effects in PvE.

Compared to which class? Turtle is a joke.

Irrelevant. You aren’t taking Aimed Shots at point-blank range. Any hunter that is going to stand there while being beaten on by a melee and try to cast Aimed Shot isn’t the hunter that you should be worrying about.

Imagine how much more careful a hunter would have to be if you could wind sheer an aimed shot.

Not all kicks are point blank.

Ive also had plenty of times when ive been able to gap close on a hunter and they get point blank aimed shots off that crit for 175k+.

Having a dead zone would raise the skill floor on hunter and make the good ones much more noticsble compared to the bad ones.

I mained hunter in classic on launch, and you could really tell both good hunters and good opponents for how they played around dead zone.

In random BG’s it wouldn’t matter still. You rarely fight them 1v1. If you pop a defensive to absorb the rapid-fire after the initial Sniper shot or Aimed Shot then you can focus the hunter down pretty easily. You can already tell which hunters are the good ones and which are the bad ones. The bad ones are using barrage.

Next time you’re in a BG turn your damage meter over to the interrupts instead. No one is interrupting in random BGs. The people who are interrupting and who are using defensives in random BG content are the ones who aren’t struggling with Hunters.

Just look at Arena and RBGs. There’s a reason why hunters are under-represented in those. It’s because the overall skill floor is higher for everyone. Everyone there knows how to handle hunters. The only place that you see Hunter QQ threads is for random battlegrounds. You never see a “Hunters are preventing me from breaking 1800” post.

The hard pill to swallow for everyone is, Hunters are the noob killers.

1 Like

Are you saying that the only people that you can kill on your hunter are noobs? :frowning:

Every class kills noobs, ya know.

1 Like

My hunter is PvE. I may dip my tow in PvP every now and again in it, but I try to stay focused on PvE on it. Every class kills noobs, but hunters excel at killing noobs. The only time I struggle with hunters in random BGs is when all my defensives are down.

Idk what BGs you are in but when Im playing any of my casters (spriest/lock/boomy) if i try to hard cast ANYTHING…instant kick or CC.

At least on demo, most people dont know that vile fiend is fire school and I can then free cast fears after…but still get stunned like mad.

I called it. Removing doubletap doesnt make people push defensives

Not really. Hunters just don’t do so well in Arenas for many reasons, yes the exceptional players will. It works the other way for monks or feral, they do better in the arena over mob mentality in bgs due to LOS, etc.

Some classes are more suited to BG’s and hunters are one of them.

2 Likes

best post here as a hunter main, they do worse in areana because arena maps are much smaller then bg maps, and in bgs you can run away far distances. Thats why melee dominate in arena much more compared to bgs. In arena alot of places to los and off heal or get healed by a healer. Its easier to train hunters in a small arena then a big bg match.

Not to factor in arena its 3vs3 its not 15 vs 15 like in most bgs.

4 Likes

lol what fantasy world do you live in? People complain about hunters all the time in the arena forum. The second thread in that forum right now is “These ret threads are hilarious when bm/mm is still overkill”

1 Like