Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

I wish they had left SV as range and made a tinker class with bombs and even a mechanical pet.

And yes, I know I parse grey, you don’t need to look.

3 Likes

A lot of people do still believe this to be the best way forward but now there are a few players that do enjoy the melee way. I can hope that both can be preserved in some way.

2 Likes

arent these the exact same thing? like, rsv of old with a mechanical pet pretty much fills a tinkerer with a pet niche.

I don’t think RSV would have a place in current WoW

1 Like

Sigh…another patch, another round of “Why is SV not range” moving on.

3 Likes

don’t you actually have to be elite to be an elitist jerk
otherwise you’re just a dumbass

it’d just be ranged feral with different damage types and no shifting essentially

1 Like

Range Survival Hunters could have still existed if Blizzard had just focused on a range spec focused on DoTs.

Melee even could have a range option if Raptor Strike and Carve was optional abilities, which could be changed out.

Most of Survival’s abilities are range now and only require melee for two attacks. If Explosive Shot or Arcane Shot was the alternative ability to Raptor Strike than you could have a full range Survival.

It could just be another optional play-style for hunter players.

Way easier to put this into MM. A lot of people don’t like current MM. The things people like about RSV (lets be honest, a DoT resetting explosive shot) can be very much added to current MM. They even have similar talents in the tree as is.

I am not sure if you understood what I meant. I will try to make it clearer.

Instead of making SV melee, I wish they made a new melee class called tinker with bombs and a mechanical pet. With all the abilities you all enjoy while keeping the dot class some of us hunters miss. Dots with one pet at range.

I don’t want to take away what you all enjoy. I would just like what I enjoyed back.

MM should be a single target high damage caster with high burst potential. Being a spec that has cast times for each shot does not work with a class that has a slow burn. You need mobility while you whittle the target down. Having to wait on cast times and refreshing DoTs while avoiding stuff is just aggravating.

1 Like

People who dont play the spec at all

not in the ring it doesnt lol

3 Likes

MM is really not that immobile, though. It would need a pretty big rework to have any real immobility problems, and as soon as you make MM super immobile, people would just play BM.

Unfortunately, what you enjoyed isn’t coming back. RSV hasn’t been in the game for nearly 10 years at this point and if by some chance it was brought back, it would be an entirely different spec now, as the game is far different than it was in WoD.

A very similar spec Could be nearly seamlessly put into current MM, however. A dot on the target that gives you a proc of an ability. Easy.

I don’t know if you don’t know this, but SV does still have a ton of DoTs on your target(s).

1 Like

You really have no clue, do you? It has been explained many times by different people, and you still spout this?

3 Likes

Did you purposely leave out where I said range?

“With all the abilities you all enjoy while keeping the dot class some of us hunters miss. Dots with one pet at range”

I am not trying to take away a class you enjoy. I am begging for a hunter range class with interesting abilities, dots and ONE pet.

Having a range hunter spec with one pet was what I started playing back in vanilla. It is not a choice if you want to be viable and have fun.

There are quite a few players that currently want melee survival to stay or go respectively.

It’s extremly difficult to bring back the old ranged survival as it was since the game is a completely different beast altogether from back in the WOD days.

To the point of adding these things to MM, i do believe Asthelon is actually correct. Currently, explosive shot (not the old version), and serpent sting do currently exist in the game. Adding black arrow and some other dot-based talents to the tree could potentially re-create a similar (BUT NOT EXACT) play style. Additionally, the black arrow resets do currently exist in a different form in “Lock and Load” for aimed shot.

Now, I am not trying to tell you that you are wrong. I am just saying that the much of the original functionally does exist in the game currently just in differing forms. I personally believe MM specifically does actually have Lone Wolf specifically to thank for not being able to add more pet based function. A pet still does exist for the spec, its just that you are asked not to use it for MM for “HAHA FUNNY DMG”.

HOWEVER this does leave room for your munitions based play-style that you are asking for potentially.

2 Likes

Spout what? Please elaborate more on why you are upset by these comments. If actionable feedback is to be made, it must be done better then this.

2 Likes

and every time it’s something different

“I like the explosive shot resets” (easily applicable to well, anything)
"I like the ‘exotic munitions’ " (super vague statement, easily applies to current MM, current MM even has different munitions in the tree, right now)
“I like pressing 1 button to serpent sting a pack”

4 Likes

Last I played MM was in a dungeon, and I was always playing catch up with the group. I would have to frequently stop wait for aim shot then run to get back with everyone else.

Aim shot lock MM in one place far too long, and mixing damage over time spells would not weave well. You would have to pre-plan each Aim Shot to not interfere with a DoT having to be refreshed.

Bleeds and Poisons work well with high mobility specs that way even if you are in the middle of motion you still can refresh your DoTs. Melee or range Survival is best for a DoTs focused spec.

Im not agreeing or disagreeing with this but I do wanna just let you know that Master Marksman Exists and so does serpent-stalkers trickery so there are iterations where these dots do exist in spec as is.

I always find it rich when people reference pre-Legion Survival and making a RSV spec based on some variant of Exotic Munitions which, from what data I have available, wasn’t played over the other 2 options at high PvE.

It’d be like how Blizzard took the worst WoD talent (Seraphim) and then designed Ret around it. That clearly worked very well for that spec until the rework.

2 Likes

Upset? Nah. Asthelon has been here for some time, and have engaged in these conversations regarding MSV vs RSV. He/she should know well enough by now what people are asking for, not to mention comments such as:

Legion SV was more or less an “entirely different spec” compared to pre-Legion SV.

You could easily bring old RSV back with a modern approach, and still have the same core playstyle as it used to hold, but with options to add more for anyone who would want to.

Beyond this, he/she keeps recycling his/her old argument of

As if this is all that people care about when it comes to the idea of a ranged weapon based munitions expert fantasy.

If it’s been reworked into a different form then, by definition, the functionality(core playstyle) does not exist in the game anymore.

Having said that, you’re contradicting yourself here btw:

Is it extremely difficult to bring back, or does much of it still exist in the game today?

Anyway…

I guess it depends on what you mean with “bring back”. When I refer to it, I talk about bringing it back with a modern adaptation, with the same treatment as the other specs got, going into Legion. Core playstyle kept, but more things added, such as a full set of talents, etc.

1 Like