Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

:expressionless: :expressionless: dude stop being :clown_face:

4 Likes

To you everything is irrelevant. Based on your character anyway. All hunters specs can sit in Val while their owner trolls the forums. You are S tier!

5 Likes

If I was a clown, I’d play Survival.

2 Likes

Would you at least squeeze in a green parse or two in that scenario?

4 Likes

SV hunter is not good.

There are ton of melees that are better.

That’s a fact.

Even if they buff SV to top spec, the spec is badly designed. The feel of the skills and rotation is awful versus something like warrior or DH. Rogues have a class flavour that makes the class fun. Stealth. Disable. PvP. And in PVE they do great damage.

As a professional hunter player, I only play BM and MM. I played SV when it was a ranged spec

3 Likes

You keep zeroing in on those whopping eight kills during a guild meeting. I’m sure you’ll have a point eventually.

3 Likes

As opposed to what? You ignoring actual facts of 10.1 sims and testing? lol. Almost everyone else in your raid managed to get into the blues and greens. Not sure the meeting is the excuse you are looking for.

4 Likes

I’m not the one lying about them. Is Survival ‘Viable’? Every spec always is. Will it be popular or noticeable? Nope.

1 Like

If people found it interesting they would play it.

The youtubers I’ve seen have been charitable towards SV even if they don’t agree with it being melee e.g. Bellular and Mikepreachwow.

I mean actual SV mains have gone on record saying SV is at a disadvantage because it’s melee whereas the other Hunter specs are ranged. It’s not exactly something that’s incorrect much less a stance that arises from inexperience in raiding.

Post links? You mean like posting proof? Do you have a problem with that?

Why do you think it’s unpopular?

You’re all swearing up and down that it’s a viable spec. Sure! I don’t go around saying it’s unviable and that’s never been my contention with the spec. If the spec is perfectly viable, that diminishes YOUR argument because it means you can’t point to viability as the reason why it’s underplayed and avoided.

2 Likes

Your whole post is so silly.

These two directly conflict with each other. There are better ranged specs than BM/MM so by your own logic, you shouldn’t be playing them.

Not really in 10.1.

Completely subjective. I can say the same exact thing about BM’s simple RNG focused ST loop or how a lot of MM players despise how it plays now.

Every class has class flavor and again, SV does more damage than Rogue. If Rogue does “great” damage, and SV does more than that, what does that mean to yuo?

1 Like

just cut down on some 2pt talents and make them single points, having more flexibility in the tree would greatly help

5 Likes

just got nerfed lol

Suppose that proves me right then yesterday, eh? :wink:

1 Like

Look. its simple.
you’re an elitist jerk talking out your backside using absolutely arbitrary “logic” for not playing or allowing a single spec. you successfully derailed this entire thread with your nonsense.

I was starting to genuinely look forward to that tier set. I hope it’s still good. Got nerfed hard twice already lol

Either way … STICKY BOMB!

1 Like

Survival looks awesome there. BM… not so good.

There’s no way of telling if survival is good because its a strong spec and bm looks bad because its a bad spec, or if 1 guy is really overgeared or undergeared compared to the other dps.

Point made though. SV is very unlikely to be a disappointment, at least out the gate.

1 Like

Fight at range

Survival in this current patch is very solid, the damage this spec can output is super high and the option to go ranged is there when required (macro to equip bow and shoot whilst you close the gap when other abils are on CD).

I believe the biggest stigma behind why this spec is so unrepresented is the lack of understanding that this is a skill-shot spec (wildfire bomb). To gain the optimal performance out of this you require constant positioning. I also believe it’s due to a lot of old players holding onto the days of old with the ranged version, and they don’t like this play style.

The next patch, with our minor changes to the talent tree and adjustments to the tier set, I feel we’ll be in a great spot, if not better than our current rankings. The constant tuning of the tier set is what gives me these beliefs.

That’s my two cents.

4 Likes

If the fight requires you to be ranged you could just switch to bm or mm. There is no fight in this game that has that requirement. Irrelevant.

2 Likes

as per title "Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment

for me, it has to be that it is still melee. i started this game in beta. 1st toon was a hunter. (i alt many many class / specs) but i have always been hunter main and of the 3 specs survival 75% of the time.

i just want my spec back like the vast majority of real hunters.

4 Likes