Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

In all analyzes I’ve seen so far about the best classes for the next patch 10.1, hunter survival is in last place as the worst class.

Can we consider these reviews?

Do you think SV will be better or worse in the next patch?

Did Blizzard said it’s the worst class or some streamer/world first raider/guide creator/“expert” hunter said that?

Because there Is a big difference. If you play any class based on guide and if it’s meta material, just don’t bother with updates and changes. There will always be meta spec/class. If you like a class regardless of performance then sure you can complain if it’s something wrong. But SV is in nice spot PVP and PVe wise. You can push highest keys and highest rating with SV hunter

4 Likes

This video is about healers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXr3BMPNG88
But just look dps meter

1 Like

In season 1, I did relatively well with SV, I am in first place in dps on most raid bosses. In mitico + my performance isn’t bad either but I really miss more consistent AoE.

Sometimes I’m in doubt when I see videos from content creators. Do they really dedicate themselves to playing SV to draw these conclusions? Because most of them play SV for the last position.

I understand what you mean, as much as we cannot base ourselves and take these contents as absolute truth, I am discouraged by so much negative information.

Then I also associate the change in the bonus of the next tier set that seems to improve the AoE a little but will we still have a good performance in the single?

Sorry if the text was confusing my English is not the best.

SV is looking to be one of the strongest Hunter specs next season with the tier set.

6 Likes

Probably won’t be competitive though, unless it’s DPS is off the charts broken it’s not worth sacrificing a melee slot for them.
(Though of course, if your raid team doesn’t mind then it’s aight).

2 Likes

Historically even when this happens, bm / mm still get more play. Surv is generally just not worth the melee slot

2 Likes

Survival was low key one of the best specs in 10.0.

It was missed by good players. One the best ST specs with very good uptime and survivability on Raz.

Was also top tier Mythic+.

I think overall Survival just gets overlooked… probably because it so underplayed and a lot of people don’t like the design.

8 Likes

I wonder what they don’t like about it.

7 Likes

I mean, that applies to the entire class except for BM and doing mechanics. Hunter’s dont bring anything besides damage.

It’s a Hunter spec and all Hunters bring is damage.

2 Likes

People seem to like the other Hunter specs.

6 Likes

That it’s a melee spec with little-to-none range capability. I’d honestly take an assassination rogue over a Survival Hunter just because the rogue does better.

5 Likes

huh? sv has the most range capability out of almost every melee dps. what are you trying to say here?

a lot of people seem to dislike them too, crazy how anecdotes work

6 Likes

And that means absolutely nothing. It doesn’t have the range of Marks or BM, so why bother?

4 Likes

then why did you even post it lol? you said, directly “That it’s a melee spec with little-to-none range capability.”

Almost every single melee DPS has little-to-none range capability, except for things like SV or Enh. So it’s an incredibly odd thing for you to post, even more so if by your own words it meant nothing.

Because it does more damage than those specs?

7 Likes

But Rogues do more damage than SV, so take a seat on the bench.

2 Likes

So if Rogues do more damage than SV (which is definitely not the case next season), and SV does more damage than MM/BM, SV should be on the bench?

No! MM/BM are ranged so I will play them

But Warlocks do more damage than MM/BM so sit right by me on the bench?

7 Likes

MM/BM can move and cast at the same time, so you keep our spots warm, champ.

2 Likes

Why? You dont participate in the level of content that requires very specific classes and raid comps. You should take whatever your friends play.

3 Likes

I really don’t know how to break it to you but that’s not really as important as you think it is, especially when it comes to the output