Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

you’ll have to elaborate what “interesting” abilities

without more context this isn’t exactly the most informative anecdote. what kind of dungeon was it? (a blitzkrieg timewalking sucks for all non BM range vs a weekly +20)

what do you think every single non-bm ranged dps has to deal with? a full ranged dps with full mobility simply isn’t something the devs seem willing to make anymore, especially as that would entirely remove bm’s niche.

you do this now for mobility. not only that, in this hypothetical world, you have complete control over your DoTs, you see your Dots uptime, you see when they are about to expire etc.

Then explain what you specifically want or link me to a post where you have explained this. Current MM hits the “ranged weapon based munitions expert”. (Has two different ammo types to use, special interaction with explosive shot, Lock and load procs, even magical arrows like old RSV)

most people are asking for RSV to come back so they can feel like a teenager again when they played it in MoP. The next biggest ask if for a DoT to proc a reset on an explosive shot CD. The former is impossible, the latter is extremely easy to fit into current MM.

A small subset of RSV can articulate past this, and they say they want a hyper mobile ranged DPS that uses DoTs, which is just not something the game devs want in the game currently, as a 100% mobile 40 yard ranged dps entirely defeats the “downside” of ranged dps

2 Likes

While I understand your frustration, I do not appreciate you trying to poke holes in my posts. ‘Anyway’ =) I should clarify - Bringing survival back in its ORIGINAL WOD STATE is likely not possible due to the way the game currently is and how classes are designed currently. What i mean by this - In the return of ranged survival - I WOULD ASSUME that what is wanted is a mobile ranged dot class that can move and shoot similarly to BM. With the way classes are designed atm, that level of simplicity is likely not something the devs would entertain because beast mastery exists.

HOWEVER, in trying to come up with ideas to assist you - i conceded that a i could see a lot of survival’s old ranged kit could be used in MM with a little imagination.

Again, I do not believe that either side is correct or incorrect here. Just trying to come up with interesting suggestions that don’t completely ruin the idea for one side.

Finally, I would like to note. Just because YOU do not like melee survival hunter does not mean that there are ”many other players” that justify this. Yes, we do have a vocal set of players currently on the forums but I would like you to note that you are completely obliterating the players that are currently enjoying melee survival that don’t comment on here every day like we do.

I understand that you want ranged survival back, however I would like you to keep an open mind for the players that do play melee survival and enjoy it.

I’ve already provided you with this in the past…

Current MM has a select few options that adhere to the fantasy/theme of someone who focuses on augmentations to arrows/projectiles. But it’s not by any means a core playstyle designed around the idea of a munitions expert.

Please do link some examples of posts where people “want RSV to come back so they can feel like a teenager again”.

BM says ‘hello’.

3 Likes

BM also says “unique niche”.

It’s just reading between the lines.

But your RSV spec had a very similar amount of options that focuses on “augmentation”. It was a very barebones spec, which is why it would fit so well into MM.

I’ve read your fan tree before and this isn’t bringing RSV back, it’s making an overloaded kit and an entirely new spec.

1 Like

‘Trying to poke holes’? If you post something that contains fallacies or inconcistencies, what do you expect? You basically argued against yourself in your previous post.

Fair enough if you meant something else, but if it can easily be misinterpreted then…yeah.

If by this, you mean that, and nothing else, sure. I would agree with that. Have anyone here recently actually argued that this is what they should do?

Just because a spec/playstyle is fully mobile with no such restrictions, it doesn’t mean that it would by default be overly simplistic.

I’ve never actually argued that current SV should be removed.

I simply don’t entertain false arguments littered with bias, such as those where MSV fans keep shouting how SV was originally a melee spec/always a melee spec. Or on the opposite end, how RSV was never popular and was therefore removed, or how it was removed because blizzard don’t want ranged specs with no movement restrictions, etc. etc.
(These are just a few examples)

Not if you actually want the core playstyle of RSV. If what you’re after is RSV but with many elements from MM added to it, then sure, but that ain’t the same thing at all.

2 Likes

No, it’s you approaching what is posted solely based on your own bias and dismissive attitude towards what other players actually want.

Wasn’t the argument to bring RSV back as a modern spec, with a full set of talents, etc.? Your point of what RSV was prior to Legion, and you using that as a basis, is kind of irrelevant to the argument of getting RSV back as a modern spec/playstyle.

I asked you this before, what you mean with “overloaded kit”.

You would also do well to define what you mean with “entirely new spec”, because what I linked is based on the core playstyle of the spec as it was prior to Legion, with the same core loop. It just has options to add more to it/do more with it.

That’s not at all the same thing as “an entirely new spec”.

3 Likes

all 4 of you

It’s been 10 years, not everyone played that iteration or care to play it, and enjoy melee surv. You have 2 specs currently to play that’re ranged, move on.
You’re not a “real” hunter because you sulk about it not being ranged.

3 Likes

Imo SV should be ranged, and melee SV should be 4th spec called Bombadier.

4 Likes

What I think would be cool, give SV the ability to wield two 2h weapons, one melee and the other ranged. Accompanying this, throw in a stance bar that would switch between the two and the abilities could be new ones or they could react differently.

This would give SV a nice niche.

2 Likes

And you have 13 other melee specs. It’s fair to want more than just two specs for ranged physical damage.

3 Likes

and it’s fair to want a melee pet user that deals non-shadow damage? you’re being really weird by thinking only your preferences matter lol

4 Likes

I have not been asking for the removal of MSV only for the inclusion of RSV giving everyone what they want. And to act like it is only my preferences is also “weird” as you said.

3 Likes

We should remove mages and boomkins from the game. They play too simular to my Warlock. Its not fair we have so many spell casters in the game. This isnt Hogwarts online

4 Likes

How did you get removing classes from the game when all I said was that it was fair to want more ranged physical dps in the game? It’s the least represented and hunters are the only one that can do it.

1 Like

I thought people wanted RSV to be a munitions expert that focused on DoTs? Now we want it to just be another physical ranged DPS?

1 Like

Ranged physical dps = guns, bows etc as opposed to spells. Munitions and the poisons etc are applied from the arrows/bullets/traps you have so yes, physical ranged dps.

3 Likes

But these deal magical damage, not physical damage.

But the people asking for RSV want it to use magically enhanced shots/ammos (Black Arrow, Arcane Shot, etc). So it wouldn’t be a physical ranged DPS, it would just be a magical ranged dps.

5 Likes

Hunters are more in tune with engineers (Ice/Tar Trap, Wildfire Bomb) and just have special ammo for stuff like Serpent Sting and Arcane Shot. Any magic they use seems to be more akin to “necessary for game mechanics” than any kind of concrete lore. Also, doesn’t every class use some magic? Even warriors and rogues do.

2 Likes