Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

Ya my raid exp, which is non existent due to me not being a raider is somehow higher yet this guy going to tell you what gets played and what gets benched lol.

Oh no, one hunter who can’t perform to a decent level in any of the big three end game modes is telling everyone how things work!

9 Likes

Nah, doesn’t fit that criteria. You see you are building your fantasy raid and choosing what to play based on what you have heard or read. You have no raid experience on that toon. Feel free to link your main if you want.

While building my fantasy raid in this scenario I’ll just bring good players playing whatever the hell they want. Rather than a player like you, with no experience, garbage performance and a equally garbage personality.

While we are at it based on your argument there is no reason to bring any hunter to a raid. Just take 14 Unholy DKs if you want to live your little fantasy. They are tHe ToP Of ThE MeTaRS.

8 Likes

That was the whole point of the thread, but if your feelings are that hurt.

Whatever makes you feel good, you sensitive, sensitive player.

2 Likes

Your ad hominem won’t work here. I’m a hunter. I have no feelings left to hurt. Stick to the subject or go hit the dummy and figure out your rotation.

8 Likes

Hmmm…

For Vault of the Incarnates

Marksman Hunter Parses: 14K
Beast Master Hunter Parses: 42K
Survival Hunter Parses: 2K

Clearly, Survival is super popular and will be super-de-dooper popular in Season 2. A must pick spec. But who needs empirical data when your feelings are all that matter…

3 Likes

This was the original question. None of this:

Is relevant at all. Survival is going to be rock solid in 10.1. We have empirical data for that too. In sims, testing, and actual video footage. If you don’t like it more power to you. So far you have done absolutely nothing to confirm or dispel the original question. All you’ve done is spew weird spec hate from a position of mediocrity if not down right terrible play.

Spend less time on the forums. More time in game getting better.

7 Likes

But lots of people play BM and MM whereas very few play SV.

Do you think I’m the reason people don’t like SV or perhaps there are deeper problems with the spec?

I mean you’re the one who went straight to warcraftlogs when you disagreed with someone.

There’s one thing I disagree on: I don’t think it’s because it’s bad in raid, particularly because it often isn’t. Yes it’s usually better to take a ranged Hunter but taking SV instead isn’t exactly a huge detriment and most people don’t do high-end PvE anyway. I think it’s because it doesn’t appeal to other Hunters because it’s melee and it’s not compelling enough for other melee players to reroll for it. It’s a far less interesting spec than SV mains like to think.

2 Likes

Just like in Vault of the Incarnates? Clearly.

Yes, I have. Survival will only be popular by the players that find it fun. The same amount of players (low count) will play Survival because its not meta. It’s not an interesting spec to play.

3 Likes

Since when is interesting something to quantify? Does that mean all BM players can be completely disregarded?

I mean, the information is out there. Survival did a lot of damage in 10.0 and with the tier set information out and simmable, as well as the rest of the gear, it’s looking to be the strongest hunter spec. You can disagree with it, but it’s just going to be the truth.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what issue you are having here. Let’s slow it down. “Do you think SV will be better or worse in the next patch.” Better is the answer. Not, do the popular kids at school play it. Will it be better. The answer is yes. In both single target and aoe. There is a ptr. Feel free to check it out.

No one asked if it is going to pass the most played spec in the game in popularity. Only children care about that.

3 Likes

It’s both. If you think people like you don’t influence player perception on melee SV you are wrong. Watch tier lists on youtube from popular wow content creators. They all F tier SV without playing it. No testing. Just SV is bad because. It’s the same thing you do except you don’t have a following because you are terrible to watch on youtube. Take it from someone who has watched you.

Perhaps you need to google what ad hominem means. Not sure how a players experience isn’t directly related to their quality of advice. That would be really odd.

10 Likes

You forgot the rest of it:

In the grand scheme of things, Survival is not going to turn any heads. It’ll be played by players who like it over BM and MM, but will it see any traction in the form of actual viability? Probably not.

3 Likes

Viability? Name one thing in this game in 10.1 you will not be able to complete as a survival hunter. Name one thing a BM or MM hunter will be able to do that a SV hunter simply can’t. I will wait.

6 Likes

You need to understand there is 3 types of players in discussion like this.

You have hunters who simply give suggestions, state their concerns, sometimes even post walls but they have direct responses and valid concerns.

Then you have troll hunters. I don’t mean race troll I mean by behavior tolls. They are like left wing activists today. They think they are superior to everyone. Post links , and some gibberish non stop.

Then you have non hunters who give their profesional opinion. But those are just basement dwellers so ignore them and don’t argue with them

In their minds if it not to pick for M+ runs or it’s not in world first race , then it’s not viable spec.

2 Likes

Damage at range. SV’s popularity dropped like a stone when it switched to melee.

4 Likes

I heard better answers from a steering wheel

4 Likes

Truth hurts.

2 Likes

You can’t. Exactly. Say you are in a world first situation and a boss requires you to be ranged. You are two buttons away. As a raid leader, that fight doesn’t exist. SV is going to be just fine. It is perfectly viable. If you like it play it. If you don’t, don’t. Simple.

5 Likes

What truth? That melee spec doesn’t do range damage? Lol

SV hunter is doing well in PVP. Knowing by the fact that my skill in PvP is beginner lvl , but yet I can keep constant pressure, have many tools to escape , root or stun and OK defensive.

So what’s your point? Your only point is “it’s not ranged”

1 Like

PvP is irrelevant.

1 Like