Hunter Mend Pet STILL doesn't revive pet

It’s been over a year, maybe even two. Mend Pet used to Revive Pet if your pet was dead. This was randomly broken and still hasn’t been fixed. It forces us Hunters to have these annoying macros to Revive if dead but they don’t quite work.

Can we please just have Mend Pet do Revive if dead like it used to?

2 Likes

I second this! please fix it the macro work around doesn’t always work.

Iiiiiiiii don’t recall this ever being a thing, and I’ve been playing a hunter for ages. Was this a thing?

What DID used to happen from what I recall was that there was a context-sensitive pet button that changed to Revive Pet if the pet was dead, or Mend Pet if the pet was alive, and Summon Pet if it wasn’t present. Is that what we’re talking about?

Not sure but Mend Pet definitely used to Revive if your pet was dead up until some time last year.

This isn’t a bug. They split it into two different spells when they increased the rez timer.

This is what I remember:

I’ve just kept them as separate spells ever since it changed.

Thanks for the info.

I still consider this a bug, maybe it’s just one they’ve simply decided not to fix. There’s no real reason to keep these as separate abilities other than, well, laziness.

The fact that people try and create macros to combine these into one button tells you everything you need to know: it should be one button. There is no point where you can use both Mend Pet and Revive Pet. Either your pet is dead and you need to revive it or it is alive and you want to heal it.

That’s one ability.