Call of the Wild breaks Mend Pet hunter ability 10.2 did not resolve

For anyone struggling with this. This is my pet macro I use.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod,@pet,nodead,exists] Mend Pet ; [mod:alt] Dismiss pet
/stopmacro [@pet,nodead,exists]
/cast [@pet,dead,exists] Revive Pet
/castsequence reset=2 Call Pet 4, Revive Pet

Obviously replace Call pet 4 with whatever pet you want. And you can change the mod key for dismiss pet. If you don’t want the mod keys… and manually want to dismiss…

#showtooltip
/cast [@pet,nodead,exists] Mend Pet
/stopmacro [@pet,nodead,exists]
/cast [@pet,dead,exists] Revive Pet
/castsequence reset=2 Call Pet 4, Revive Pet

7 Likes

Years playing this game and I didn’t think about macros lol. Thanks!

Thank you!

Please fix this asap. very annoying bug for M+ and Raids as Outdoor content. You will need to dismiss your pet in order to fix it.

Game Logic works here like this:

Player uses Call of the Wild → Temporary Pet spawns and dies → Game Logic thinks primary pet died → Mend Pet becomes Revive → Player no longer able to heal pet till pet is dismissed and called again.

6 Likes

So I had my mend pet become revive pet while I was doing a superbloom because I used call of the wild, then my pet actually died, and it became mend pet, so I couldn’t revive my pet anymore…

1 Like

We’ve been working on a fix for this, and couldn’t get it finalized in time for today’s maintenance. Our current solution will be to make Mend Pet and Revive Pet into separate pet utility buttons that are no longer automatically swapped back and forth based on your pet’s state.

We’ll let you know when the fix is deployed.

6 Likes

That’s really unfortunate. You can make a macro to handle both, but not one that works as well as the button-switching works (or used to work).

2 Likes

Interestingly, I just had the same bug and it did something really odd with my party. I sent an invite while the mend pet was bugged and stuck on revive, and I was in combat. My friend took the invite, and told me they were in the party. The unit frames did not update, however when combat ended, my mend pet returned and the party member popped into frame as well. During combat they did show on the damage meter, and we could mark each-other, but a little concerned about other situations this could create. I think whatever is happening with the revive / heal bug, is more about the hunter not being counted as in their own party, not just related to the pet.

I encountered this bug today, I hope to see a fix for it.

2 Likes

I dont understand how it broke not much has changed for hunters, pls make it so they continue to swap it how many hunters know their pet is dead cause it just works that way great. just revert whatever missed it up lol. oh and by the way the hunter mark buff is awful, no one uses the buff lol.

2 Likes

What about the issue of not being able to revive you pet though? It stays on revive pet but even when my pet dies in dungeons sometimes “revive pet” does nothing…we need an entirely new person to work on the coding for Hunter’s relating to Pets in general. Pet’s still get stuck on random stuff, take forever to follow you in dungeons if there is no stairs or direct access to where you need to go and needing to dismiss and resummon them in the middle of a dungeon because of bugs and issues that have been in the game for 10+ years is just pure laziness.

1 Like

Its been broken all of Dragonflight, Ive been reporting it for ages, its just because 10.2 made call of the wild a used talent in guides now and loads of people are using it, so its noticed by way more people.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. It only just started happening on my hunter this morning, off to the forums we go … Saved the day! Much appreciated.

1 Like

So far I’ve been unable to use the mend pet macro, revive, lust, or use spirit mend in dungeons. “You have an active summon already.”

2 Likes

Play Dead also causes this problem. Since pets hold aggro after you Feign Death, Play Dead was a nice solution to the problem without waiting for your pet to die.

1 Like

Just tested this, I am now using a macro for heal pet (which is working great) and I have the revive pet on a separate bar, that is working, just killed my poor pets in the name of research!

Thanks Lanasekil, nice macro!

2 Likes

I’ve had instances where the revive part of this just does not work… which makes it all pointless. My pet died, but I get the prompt that I can’t call the pet as I need to revive it first. So I need to go to the spellbook and find the revive button

3 Likes

I was wondering why my bar was screwed up. my pet died and I went to go hit my button and it wouldn’t do it! In the middle of a raid as well. lol. I had to search and take extra steps to find the darn thing in the book in a panic. I used to be able to revive my pet with one button click and it wouldn’t do it because it still said mend pet so now I have to have two separate ones which is a hassle because now I can’t easily push one button to either mend or revive Pet. Are you going to switch it back to where it was before to where it automatically switches between the two if the pet is alive or dead? or are you just gonna keep it to separate buttons?

Is there an easy macro to add both??

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Yep that’s exactly what I had to do. Grr