Hunter auto attacking without any input

Seems to be a bug that is happening inside of raid instances that is causing ranged hunters when they change target to a mob or apply hunters mark to start auto attacking without right clicking or using any attack input.

This is when using tab to target and with left click, it is a intermittent bug not happening on every tab/click/mark to the boss but happening enough to annoy my guild, happening to the other hunter in my guild too.

only solve atm is to be facing away from the boss to pre hunters mark it and see if you get error text saying “Target needs to be in front if you” if you do, you then cancel the auto attack with fd or detargeting the boss

8 Likes

I’ve had that happen and did a search not too long ago.

I used this /console stopAutoAttackOnTargetChange 0 and it helped. I got it from here Hunter macro to stop auto targetting

3 Likes

That is not the issue he is talking about. This a new issue affecting hunters since the patch. Auto attack is happening with the application of Hunter’s Mark, left click targeting or even just tab targeting the boss before pull, resulting in accidental pre pulls.

6 Likes

I thought I was fat fingering like crazy last night. I knew something seemed off.

2 Likes

used this on the first night of the patch, did not stop the issue, there is something else happening with this bug

1 Like

This bug is really messing up my opener…

2 Likes

Holy cow, so glad to find this thread. I thought I was going crazy when it happened three times tonight in raid.

1 Like

Same. Casting Feign Death seems to fix it. If you put your back to the target and click it, it should pop up that you need to be facing. That’s when you know you’re effected. If you Feign and get up, it should clear for that time. Not a permanent fix, but it should stop the raid slow down.

1 Like

hurts when your raid leader is yelling at you to stop messing up and your like “am i crazy?!?”

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. Our hunters were accidentally pulling all night trying to put hunter’s mark on raid bosses.

2 Likes

just popping to say this is still very much happening, I’m having to face away from the boss when I target it to pre hunters mark (for my DR conduit) as using left click or tab target while facing it will sometimes randomly try to start auto attacking, if I’m facing away I can tell when it’s happened as I get the error message “Target needs to be in front if you”

5 Likes

Happened to me and 2 other hunters on 2 different raid groups.

Have to face set boss as my focus from a distance and then target something else when I come into range.

1 Like

Bumping this post up. Blizzy please fix. I cant precast Aimed Shot

1 Like

Bumping again?
Please fix

This is still ongoing. I have to stay out of range when targeting the boss, or I start shooting.

Luckily, my raid leader is pretty awesome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So I’m not crazy! I pulled the boss so much last night when doing this and it had never happened before.

Blizz, for the love of Arthas please fix this already…

once again stopping in to say this is still not fixed, every other cast of hunters mark engages auto attack, I’ve got marking the boss turned around ingrained in my brain now, if I see the error text pop up I know I have the bug and fd to clear it b4 turning around.

If only we were a world first guild and got bugs fixed… ever…