Bug when I target it causes me to autoattack

Happened to a Hunter Sunday night on Anduin. I was not on my Hunter at the time. In fact it happened several times.

1 Like

Happened to me Also on Skolex.
Left click Targeted him from out of range while party buffs we put out and groups set up, applied HM, as I came into range moving to group Mark spot I auto shot him.

Are you sure you weren’t in attack stance before you targeted? That’s happened before with my character. A mob was not completely dead before switching tragets and it caused an auto fire when I did not want to attack.

Yes Im sure

yes it has been happening to a ton of us since tuesday. i put in a bug report a few days ago about this. it is definitely a bug.

so happy to be survival

Yup this happened to my raid group on Saturday. All our hunters accidentally pulled, our pets seemed super eager to attack!

I was running LFR and one of the hunters in our group pulled this way. I haven’t been affected by this yet, but saw it for sure.

SV 90% range. It’s a range spec that wants to play with the melee specs.

Happens to me and our other Hunter on mythic Rygelon.

Gonna be like that Worm head boss in Cata: “hunters don’t click anything until pull, in fact walk backwards into the room and wait for pull”.

2 Likes

There are a few threads in the bug report forums. I suggest all those experiencing this bug to post there.

2 Likes

Yeah I cant precast Aimed Shot otherwise i will auto the boss. Happened to me during Mythic Art, Sausage, and now on Proto. In the mean time im just playing BM and not targetting the boss until its time to pull

P sure this has been arount for a while, maybe my macros are set up so i dont notice this but yeah its been a problem for a while idk if Blizz cares enough to look into it

Also here to complain about this. Please fix this blizzard. Its been a bug since 9.2.5 came out.

Mouse over macros seem to trigger boss as well. One of our hunters use mouse over to hunter’s mark and still pulled. He was quite shock cause he was laughing at the other hunters all night for accidental pulls.

I was just informed of this bug, wanted to add in. I am currently a BM Hunter, little to no addons, no real macros or keybinds, having no issues. I am able to click Hal over and over, Hunter’s Mark, etc. Hope this means it has been patched!

it was still broken yesterday, its not a permanent bug it only happens occasionally, so like 8 times out of 10 I can target safely but those other 2 times…

I went to Anduin and it finally happened to me

1 Like

I haven’t been hit by this bug yet, probably just jinxed myself though.