Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

Timeless Isle had a lot of NPCs as HP sponges but it actually was at a point in the expansion were people had decent gear when released and there was catch up gear that was respectable that dropped.

That is why Timeless Isle is highly regarded as world content by many.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

I finished Tower Ranger 2 weeks ago or something and I was reminded why I hadn’t done Flawless Master 16 yet.

Snooooooze.

Saving up the 10k to buy the conduits, I would need like 15k flux vs 6ish runs of torghst.

2 Likes

When I was beta testing systemlands I thought the MAW was the final zone for the final patch given how difficult the NPCs were in terms of HP and their placement.

Putting MAW as the centerpiece of world content day one of systemland was a bad move.

7 Likes

You can buy slightly lower conduits in Oribos with Anima and use Flux for Legendary or Set conversion.

1 Like

I havent even got above the last tier which was like what 12? I was experimenting with the other one where you kill bosses to see if the currency per run was better and that one, I did with some buddies and it was actually kind of fun.

There is an anima one above 200?

I think it’s 226 next to Flight Master

1 Like

Oh no 226 is gold for friendly rep in ZM. The flux one is 272 though, thats a lot higher.

i am some happy that i managed over the course of 2 years to find a guild that matches my specific free time from work and family time that does casual mythic raiding.

otherwise if i had to open world grind and get slapped in the face like this i would quit.

3 Likes

Time will tell. Elemental invasions are like outdoor mini-Torghast with their borrowed power mechanics. I’m skeptical that anyone but open-world gamers or die-hard moggers will do them unless they’re a supreme source of primal chaos or mandatory for a wuistion of sparks of inspiration.

If you don’t play WoW for moggin’ I don’t know what you’re doing.

Only form of permanent reward in this game is mog.

3 Likes

So, no way to improve my toon on non raid nights except M+? got it. not really sure i want to play another expac that only provides entertainment 2 nights a week.
(yes, i am one of those weirdos that loves raiding but hates M+, sue me)

7 Likes

I don’t understand the need for higher ilvl gear for content that doesn’t require it. Now if they put in some actual difficult outdoor content, where you needed coordination, a major mechanic messed up wiped the entire group/caused a reset, a timer you had to actually care about ect, then I could see outdoor content getting an ilvl boost.

As it stands now in DF, you can tag the mobs, run away and wait for other people to kill them, and collect currency. Hell you can do that now with world bosses. Why should that type of content reward raid ilvl gear? I’m all in favor of them introducing actual hard outdoor content, but until they do, no one needs raid/m+ ilvl gear to do any outdoor content.

NGL I’ll probably go hard on pre-patch to get all of the FOMO mogs but I’m extremely unlikely to grind the same invasions at level 70 for the blue recolors of those same sets, especially since, being not FOMO, there’s really less of that potential exotic flavor to them.

Just quoted most of it for context and not cherry-picking. Now, where the hell did you get that idea stuck in your noggin??!!! Not one, single, open world player wants stuff without working for it. We’re playing the game too.

6 Likes

Why do outdoor solo players need heroic ilvl gear? At least you have a way to get up. It’s not like your fighting enemies that are insanely tanky and take forever to die.

1 Like

Wrath world content gear though pretty much sucked, and they only added world content in 1 content patch (ToC).

If you like raiding, M+ PVP, or crafting DF might be alright. But world content is dead on arrival because they have failed to learn from the mistakes with WoD, BFA and systemlands.

8 Likes

Sorry but you’re dead wrong. Blizzard probably has dozens of data analysts working specifically on WoW. They know exactly what content people interact with and how much.

If open world, solo, never group casuals were really keeping the lights on at Blizzard, then Blizzard would tailor the game to suit them more. Clearly this isn’t the case. The average player probably kills a few raid bosses on normal or heroic, runs some low-medium M+, or jumps into some queued PvP.

Regardless, this entire thread ignores the fact that the new profession systems are meant to be progression paths for the antisocial types.

2 Likes