Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/68989-primalist-invasion-gear-nerfed-on-the-dragonflight-beta/

Solo and open world players will now have to spend months farming events for mere LFR iLvl gear.

This is yet another nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression. We went from full Heroic raiding iLvl in BfA, to Normal iLvl in SL, and now to LFR iLvl in DF.

Are WoW devs desperate to push more casual players into LFR to keep raiding from being scrapped? Or do they hope that more players will feel enticed to buy WoW tokens to be able to afford crafted gear?

228 Likes

Finally, LFR gear is going to be relevant again! I remember when Korthia made LFR gear pointless so nobody did it. It was guaranteed, targeted upgrades, and went 20 ilvls above LFR. Then Sanctum LFR queues were like an hour. Hopefully, this fills groups faster!

28 Likes

So do more content to get gear.

40 Likes

LFR gear is still going to be 39 item levels (a full season and a half) behind Mythic gear.

Outdoor content is content. But I won’t be doing it for months on end just for LFR gear.

61 Likes

Blizzard. Darlings.

Can you stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Just… one time?

Soar nerfs. World Environment nerfs.

You had something good. You keep ruining it. Stop being stupid.

Wait, no. Gonna call them Lizzard. They just keep taking L’s.

182 Likes

So much bad news lately:
—The Inspiration Catalyst is going to take as long (6 weeks) to become available as the Creation Catalyst did in 9.2.
—Personal loot is going to be removed from raiding to slow overall progression.
—M+ keys are going to scale harder past +10s.

It’s almost like Blizzard had been saving the announcements about unpopular decisions until now. Good thing I didn’t pre-purchase DF yet.

95 Likes

They recently squished down all raiding/dungeon ilvls, why did you think outdoor gear wouldn’t get the same treatment ?

And this surprises you… why ?

8 Likes

this feels appropriate. Nobody’s doing ZM because they have nothing to progress towards.

7 Likes

Not only was the iLvl of Storm Sigil gear nerfed in terms of absolute numbers, but it was nerfed in comparison to other PvE gearing methods. (It used to be 3 iLvl short of Normal, but now it will be on par with LFR.)

So you actually want the open world to stop offering progression so that nobody does it?

Dead zones mean dead MMO.

64 Likes

Story mode should have weak gear, no? It’s for seeing the content.

6 Likes

Did I say I was surprised? My point is that LFR iLvl gear is nothing to do jumping jacks of joy over.

I have no interest in doing LFR in DF, so I don’t have any issue with its rewards right now.

But DF is going to have absolutely nothing for me to do if WoW devs refuse to offer meaningful progression for solo, casual, and/or outdoor players.

47 Likes

LFR isn’t solo or outdoor, though.

4 Likes

well, good thing I PvP. Suckers

10 Likes

Yeah, most of the PvP news has been quite promising. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

13 Likes

Dragonflight will have less outdoor world content than Shadowlands.

By a HUGE margin.

It’s WoD2.

32 Likes

Yes. So that’s why WoW needs to offer solo or outdoor progression for people that don’t want to do group instanced content.

My OP is not discussing LFR as an activity, but the fact that outdoor gear progression has been nerfed yet again.

32 Likes

I don’t see the issue.
Gear from world content capping out at the same iLvl as LFR seems pretty reasonable to me.

13 Likes

we asked for it to be content-bare.

no systems, no grinds, no this, no that, flying from Day 1… it’s the perfect raidlog expansion.

6 Likes

I agree, but the problem that they’ll run into is that this audience often doesn’t want difficult content, just more rewards from their current stuff, which is out of line with how the game works.

2 Likes

Doom Lord Kazzak is a good outdoor boss. would never fly in modern wow. playerbase is too… uh … you know.

1 Like