Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

Ion knows best. Trust him and all will be fine.

12 Likes

Sorry, it’s industry-wide research. You can ignore it at your own peril. Clearly devs have done just that. Telling yourself that this is a hardcore game that has never had either casuals or casual content just shows us how you have avoided having contact with anyone and everyone who plays in the least different from you.

There aren’t enough hardcore elites out there to support a game the size of wow. Turning the biggest videogame in its genre into a tiny hardcore esports game with a cult following is apparently your end goal. No more of those real people playing anymore!

26 Likes

Are you seriously trying to imply that we have access to all of Blizzards internal metrics and data?

Give me the links.

Are you trying to imply that YOU do? Are you admitting that you are an employee who has access to their confidential internal data?

Are you really trying to convince us that making a decade of excellent development decisions means no one has left the game, and you think there are still 10 million subscribers?

10 Likes

lol and? there’s ~13 item levels between each tier and LFR is 3 tiers below Mythic (13x3=39)

You asked for a progression system and you got it with appropriate rewards to go along with it.

1 Like

Devs clearly have the metrics and data that we as players don’t have access to.

I have clearly already answered that.

You are the one sitting here trying to say:

To which I said:

Devs clearly have the metrics and data that we as players don’t have access to. People in GD keep going on about how it’s the “casuals” that pay the bill and how it’s the “casuals” that keep the game running. Clearly Blizzard’s data says otherwise.

This is completely irrelevant to this argument. Attrition occurs in in every game, especially one that is 18 years old.

1 Like

This is their new MO honestly. They think that this is balancing.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Now you’re just assuming things.

Rares you never really need to solo, always a few people around killing them with you.

The sets are sweet mog, I’ll do invasions regardless of if I need the gear or not.

You’re just dooming now.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem, open world/solo content should be lower on the gear progression path than group content and being on par with LFR seems reasonable since LFR requires not real coordination from the group.

2 Likes

The problem with systesmlands and WoD was that there was a lot to do but the world content wasn’t rewarding enough to do.

Same problem with DF right now.

11 Likes

It seems to me when you talk about “content” what you really mean is gear, that is just as boring as what you currently do for world content with a cherry on top, I dont see why people would stay subbed for that.

I said they need to do better form of solo content, like mage tower and new types with more engaging than brainless questing.

I would beg to differ here. I was in a guild (still am though I think we’re down to 4 actually players who log in on other servers now), I did every covenant questline, the long way, at least 2x. Korthia with all those toons and ZM. Did most, if not all the quests (because some had elite mobs I could not handle with open world gear until the ZM gear and by then I’ve totally lost interest in the chores.

This expansion is No where close to the earlier expansion in things to do or interesting things to do. There’s no sense of belonging, no sense of real story, it’s a few dailies, rinse repeat after the initial progression.

And please don’t give me the ‘all you want is gear’ argument, it’s invalid and shows a lack of understanding of the issue. I’m not talking gear here.

If the open world mobs are designed for high level gear (I’m at 252 gear for all my toons except for the unity belt and odd legendary on a few toons), then it’s going to be a turn off.

I’m in wait and see mode. l bought the expansion, I’ll see how it plays. If it’s as bad as the doom sayers here say, I’ll do what I did in Legion: go somewhere else. Blizzard won’t care, they seem hell-bent on designing this game into another candy crush level game thinking hamster wheels will keep players.

Maybe I’m wrong. Nothing I’ve seen in PTR is showing me otherwise at the moment, but we’ll see.

Big world is meaningless if there’s nothing in it.

I just wish Blizzard would just be honest for once and say: All we want to make is M+ and raids, everything else is a thin veneer for that.

Then I can stop hoping they’ll get a clue, say good bye to the friends I’ve made here and move on.

24 Likes

What outdoor content did SL have early on ?

Maw and Callings ? Covenant “special” ?

DF seems to have Renown with factions, Invasions. Seems same-ish to me.

1 Like

Here is a timeline of what has happened.

WoD - Gut world content rewards and stick it into the garrison mission tables. There was plenty of Apexis dailies you could do but not really rewarding.

Legion - World quest system is born to make it more rewarding to do outdoor content and away from mission tables. In addition there was mage tower. Legion had a good mix of gear, gold and cosmetic as rewards.

Battle for Abilities - World quest system downgraded rewards and traveling between zones a pain but not as bad as systemlands. Still had content to do that was rewarding but not as good as legion.

Systemlands - World quest system took a huge downgrade coming from BFA with this expansion. Limited amount of world quests and they were not really rewarding. Promised that mission table wasn’t mandatory and yet most gold made was via mission table along with crafting mats obtained. Traveling between zones is a nightmare.

Bottom line is that world content needs to go back to the anything dating to MoP and before.

Stop making it difficult to navigate between zones
Make world content rewarding with gold, gear and cosmetics

At least the mission table is out of the way where rewards can be improved when you go out in the world and participate.

Mission table was the worst thing to happen to those that enjoy world content. Followed by the campaign to limit flying and also make traveling between zones more time consuming than running an old raid.

13 Likes

That data being time-played metrics to appease shareholders and keep people on the loot treadmill longer.

I guess when it’s bad game design that doesn’t affect you, that makes it okay?

Renown is just reputation reskinned. It’s not a new addition.

8 Likes

That’s still called “content” my dude.

New factions = new content.

Neither is world content, so it seems everything lines up.

1 Like

Running old raids looks more rewarding that DF world content.

Good thing PVP and crafting are making a comeback.

1 Like

Then by this definition, Shadowlands had more content because not only did it have reputations, it also had renown, world quests, covenant storylines, and the Maw.

Dragonflight has… renown in place of reputations, and invasions, and world quests.

So yes. Less content.

In any case, dumb decision by Blizzard to make open world gear equivalent to LFR and then force people to grind it for months is dumb. That’s really the takeaway here.

11 Likes

Anima conductor and all of the content associated with it. Four different covenant mini-games. On top of Maw puzzles for the mount, Torghie / Torghast achievements and mogs. The hidden rep factions in Ardenweald and Revendreth.

There was a ton of open-world stuff. People just didn’t do it. The 9.0 Anima gate was partially to blame but even after that was lifted in 9.1 you didn’t see people flood into that content. “Open world” players focused almost all of their attention on stuff that awarded gear because, sad to say, many open world players don’t seem to play for fun, just loot, and they’ll play regardless of how Blizzard strings that loot along. Open world players will grind for LFR quality gear every week.

3 Likes