Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

…people say the exact same thing when open world content makes group activities irrelevant. What makes your grievance any more valid than theirs? And why should these activities be viewed as exclusive in the first place?

If someone insists that open world stuff is the only thing they’re ever going to do in a game whose end-game content is built around group activities…that’s certainly their prerogative. But this insistence that it should be just as rewarding as those is probably not going to get you very far.

My guess is folks were wanting open world content similar to what Legion, and BFA had. Decent stuff for what it was in the open world. Didn’t cap at a certain point like it did in Shadowfail. What was the cap in the open world in Shadowfail? 200, 213 for the biggest part of that fail xpac? In the two previous expansions outdoor rewards would continue to scale up as the cartoons you were playing item levels went up. And that was even without having something thunder forging, or whatever it was called.

15 Likes

To play the classic versions of this game probably :laughing:

6 Likes

Everytime a “solo casual open world” player makes their case, I get even more confused. None of us have any idea what you’re talking about

4 Likes

um… Yes, WQ/Emissary gear in BfA had a cap. I’m pretty sure it was normal raid level. And that was only if your character was already close to that ilvl to begin with.

1 Like

“of Warcraft” is closer. If not last patch of dragonflight, the expansion after that will just do away with the “World” for good and just have a circular city with 3 spokes leading to the raid instances, the pvp instances and the dungeon instances.

Think of how cheap that will be to develop! So much less stuff to model, no more quests to fuss over, no more anything like that. Maybe a new pvp location, and some dungeons and raids. Oh and probably hardly any of those too, as each season will dredge up old content with whacky scaling!

of Warcraft. Coming soon™

13 Likes

As usual what will happen is by the time you reach any level of gear it will be way outdated. This is why I won’t be playing dragonland expac. I may be subbed to classic for a bit but i no longer can support retail will these bad (my opinion) decisions.

13 Likes

Come on, man. :sob: Is classic even up to an expansion where gear you get from open world stuff is more than just random greens and blues?

3 Likes

And why again do you need higher gear?

1 Like

If you don’t like how low/slow the ilvl is and to aquire then do higher content…world play is bottom of the tier so of course it’s crap to even LFR. Otherwise no one would do LFR climb the ladder rather then complain the ladder should be flatter.

1 Like

Well, maybe i will try New World after all.

7 Likes

Then don’t?

1 Like

I’m going with option B

3 Likes

Reminder that there is no “I” in team. Just like there is no “I” in wold of warctaft.

M+ gear scaling to +20 and open-world gear taking longer to farm is a win-win-win for gear progression and making gearing relevant to the content players are participating in.

Props to Blizzard.

No. They want them to quit and stop tainting the game with their presence. Devs appear under the assumption that losing the majority of paying customers will result in tens of millions of hardcore elite players starting the game, which they avoided until the casuals were purged, to make it a safe space for them.

18 Likes

They made the world events optional, I’m not seeing how this is anything but a good thing.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that time gating will mean players won’t be able to do “more content”.

5 Likes

Devs clearly have the metrics and data that we as players don’t have access to. People in GD keep going on about how it’s the “casuals” that pay the bill and how it’s the “casuals” that keep the game running. Clearly Blizzard’s data says otherwise.

3 Likes

What do you mean, “almost like”? They always save announcements they know will be unpopular until after as many as possible have prepurchased.

11 Likes