Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

Until Ion is gone, we’re just going to go through cycles of failure. Different expansions may fail in different ways, but they’re all going to fail.

46 Likes

i’m sure you’ll find a better replacement from … uh … hmmm.

Ion has proven time and again that he cares more about being praised by raidloggers than he does about the number of subs the game can maintain.

His team is arrogant and doubles down on unpopular decisions, while blaming their mistakes on their predecessors or player behavior.

Meanwhile, WoW subs keep dropping and dropping, while other MMOs have grown. There would be plenty of game directors who could do a better job. Someone who is not an elitist raider would be a good start.

40 Likes

my gut told me no so i didn’t buy it yay. i been grinding alot gold in retail to fund my wrath boosts.

3 Likes

i have a strong feeling this xpac is going to be made for the powergamers

hopefully they at least include cool dragon armor sets for the open world players or something :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Well I guess I will just get the story done. Unsubscribe and come back in the last season and get other carry me.

4 Likes

Yes, one thing Retail has been good for lately is grinding gold for Blizzard balance.

Each toon can do callings, weekly ZM and Korthia caches, and mission tables.

I honestly think that WoW devs were desperate to come up with some way to reward casual and open world gameplay—and because gear and secondary power rewards have become a no-no after all the raider whining—gold was all that was left.

The situation may be different in DF, though. There will be no more mission tables, and possibly no more callings. You will buy WoW tokens if you want gold, instead of farming gold to buy WoW tokens.

There are obviously millions like you.

WoW’s expansions break records for box sales each time, but months later sub numbers reach new lows.

DF will see the same pattern if there is no progression available for the masses.

9 Likes

Good they shouldn’t waste their time on the worst form of content they have, world content is just boring easy daily quest, that are barely worth the travel time to do them.

Hopefully they release more dungeons and mage tower style solo player content.

2 Likes

DF’s four new zones are huge and intricate. The Primalist Invasion events are already in the game. The bulk of the investment has already been made.

All I am asking for is decent gear rewards from the content so that the huge investment—and the expansion itself—doesn’t go to waste.

12 Likes

There is a “sense of progression” in this gear. It just doesn’t go as arbitrarily high as the people who are purposefully limiting themselves to solo content think it should.

4 Likes

…so do more content?

There is M+, normal and above raiding, PVP, you are not forced to do outdoor content, you just choose not to do anything else.

4 Likes

out of the game? Yes! They are actively working on reducing the player base.

21 Likes

This is a brutal, brutal nerf. Having said that, this ensures Normal raiding isn’t overshadowed and also adds a lot more value to normal raid ilvl crafts as well as Titan matrix 5 crafts.

If you are an open world player, your true endgame is going to be crafted gear which you will be able to earn via acquiring primal chaos. And having acquired crafting gear, you will feel a pull into higher content as the game systems make it such that upgrading your normal raid items to heroic is relatively cheap with the recraft feature.

2 Likes

Do not waste typing to those 2. They think the all mighty Blizz can do now wrong! Every thread, they knight so hard, its almost laughable!

20 Likes

Crafted gear is going to serve as a form of bad-luck protection for hardcore players, and will naturally be a slower form of progression than gear from the hardcore content itself.

And devs have already said that open-world sources of Primal Chaos will be minimal compared to acquisition rates from the three pillars.

So what does this mean? Open world players will not only have to fork out the gold or profession mats for crafted gear, but they will need to grind for months and may never be able to craft a full set before the season ends.

DF is the casual open world player’s worst nightmare. We are going to have to do multiple layers of grinding for what we used to be able to get for free from rares, world quests, and treasures. Shadowlands is going to look like a paradise by comparison.

24 Likes

at first glance this is looking to kill alt interests for some in time.

which is kind of where they keep some of their business.

6 more months as each faction lead gets done? Sure…now I can have fun on alts.

full workups requiring lfr? hahahahaha no. I can do lfr, when not forced. and not that crap rng drop. Soon with group loot!

do you need that sword rogue? umm…outlaw says yes!

If I want to fight with warriors for swords I can get that in wrath really. get hard up I can try luck in lower cost gdkp even lol. assuming I have the gold.

Memories of sl were “sigh…fine” runs. even then…only like 3 maybe 4 chars of my army even have a lego.

basic alt work ups, run dailies…more time bought.

Put everything in raid? yeah, no. since they tie vendor sale price to ilevel it may not be worth it to even farm rewards.

5 Likes

They still don’t get that outdoor content needs to be an endgame again and not just a stepping stone for hardcore content.

They still don’t get that millions of players are just going to quit again after reaching max level if there is no endgame content that is both accessible and appealing to them.

Without the systems, hardcore players won’t have to do any outdoor content. But without gear progression, many casual players won’t want to do any outdoor content.

28 Likes

If it doesn’t go high enough to justify getting it over LFR gear, it literally might as well not exist.

8 Likes

Yes?

This is what you want to happen. That is your game. I keep seeing open world players make this mistake - you aren’t grinding for your rewards, you are playing the game. That is your game. You want to have more game to play.

This change is good with respect to the fact that it makes primal chaos useful snd important for “open world” players. Otherwise you would have just farmed storm sigils and then quit. This change also means Blizzard could choose to increase the acquisition rate of storm sigils. I’d have to look to see if they have.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised. I actually refunded my DF preorder because of all these really bad backpeddling changes. I’ll still purchase DF, but the 90 bucks for the heroic version wasn’t worth it to begin with, and honestly I don’t feel like throwing them extra money for them being bad.

That said, I requested that refund a week ago. The items and stuff are gone from the game but I’ve never actually gotten the money back rofl this company is something else

17 Likes