Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

You’re speaking on whether something is difficult or not, and rating it when you haven’t done it.

Probably because I have higher achievements than you in both? You’ve never gotten a cutting edge. Shrug

4 Likes

There is nothing elitist about wanting there to be appropriate rewards for the content that you do. There will always be a cap on gear you get from solo/world content. If you raise that level, you’ll run into the cap anyway, just a week later and so on. More difficult content rewards better equipment.

If this is called being an elitist, what is the word for someone who wants what others get without putting in the effort?

2 Likes

This is where wow has been 100% disrespectful to the players that pay for a sub and put there time into the game. If someone puts in a few hours a day for a week grinding content to get to be able to buy a piece of gear. THEY in fact did more work that someone that ran the a 45min M+.

Blizzard needs to respect players time and money.

9 Likes

Progression does not equal difficulty. World content players want more world content, and a path that allows meaningful power progression within that content. I think ilvl is a bit of a red herring; if they gave gear that was only LFR ilvl, but had fun outdoor bonuses like ZM gear, that could be fine. I also think some people actually do want harder world content, and I think there should be a place for that as well, without sacrificing the easier content.

Things like dragonriding, rock climbing, and the soup event are a step in the right direction.

4 Likes

Just like you do with raiding.

Neither have you.

A season is equivalent to however many ilvls Blizzard wants to have been base ilvl of the lowest difficulty raid, and highest ilvl of the highest difficulty raid.

I mean you did, or you used old outdated information.
Blizzard makes the rules, if they decide a season in DF is 39 ilvls, then a season is 39 ilvls :man_shrugging:

It’s almost like BfA was a bad expansion and had poorly implemented systems in place that needed to be addressed.
Rewards should never have been that high. Ever.

It’s not a nerf, it’s returning to a status quo.

What? Are there casual players that don’t do premade group content that also don’t do world content and only do LFR?
Is that a thing? I find that somewhat difficult to believe.

If you honestly believe this then unfortunately you don’t have a good understanding of game design.
No consistent, frequently obtainable, guaranteed, low challenge rewards should outweigh reduced frequency, non-guaranteed, inconsistent rewards, of equal to greater difficulty.

No they didnt. Spending one hour grinding trivial brain dead content is not harder work than timing a +15 in 45 minutes

I hear you and I do understand your point of view. That’s just not how WoW works including many other similar games on the market. You’re advocating a paradigm shift from difficulty rewards to effort based rewards. I consider myself a casual player, casual being a very subjective definition. For me it is based on time commitment. I spend about 2 hours a day on average running M+. I’d call a solo player investing 12 hours a day a hardcore player.

1 Like

That’s clearly a matter of opinion. You are not more important than they are. Players need value for their dollar.

Why can’t a AAA game studio evolve the status quo. Its not the early 2000’s. There is only one MMO that has a upward trend over the years. Its not wow. I must ask, what difference would it make to someone that pushes raids/keys.

Bet the bottom line would be higher.

4 Likes

Or it could go the other way. Only Blizzard would know what drives new players to this game and what in-game activities and rewards drive WoW token sales. We don’t have insight into their internal data.

EDIT: What drove me to this game was word of mouth from other player how much more epic the endgame was. It certainly wasn’t the solo/world content.

The most “reasonable” argument I’ve seen given is that raiders would feel inclined to take the path of least resistance, but this is easily refuted by making it so that a mythic raiding gear piece is not literally handed out after one hour of world content farming and that loot drops are increased in mythic raids to still incentivize raiders to raid.

But ultimately, it doesn’t affect anyone. At least, not anyone who attaches their ego to their gear.

3 Likes

haha more players
more options
more profit
sounds real bad

1 Like

Like they do in M+, Unless there was a BIS on the vender. They would be Fully geared by the time a player like I mention would have 4 pieces.

I remember the raid loggers crying a river when the best shoulder enchant was on a rep vender in Wrath. They just want to do one or two things. Fine go do it the other players, can’t possibly affect them in the slightest way

Everybody does, including raiders and M+ players. Solo/world content players do just as much or we wouldn’t have the flurry of threads complaining about it.

1 Like

To be completely honest? I don’t doubt that seasonal scaling content with a hard push on Esports is Blizzard’s major focus here. I don’t necessarily blame them for it because it is definitely what drives people to games. It works in literally every other game like it: Destiny 2, Path of Exile, Lost Ark, Genshin Impact, Warframe. Just about every PvE-focused live-service title makes bank on content with scaling difficulties, repeatable content, and increased rewards.

But I think this focus is misguided because I don’t think people are drawn to WoW by these things. If this is what people really wanted, they’d go to other games because just about every other game does it better than WoW. I think the world is a major draw for outsiders looking in. And why wouldn’t it be? It’s huge, has a great variety of zones with varied aesthetics, and 18+ years of content to explore.

I think solo/world content players just want a purpose to play instead of capping out one month into an expansion/patch. However, stretching LFR across 5 months of grinding isn’t really the way to do it.

2 Likes

Which is what Korthia was, and they all complained that it took too long.

Quick question. Why would you need gear if what you do would only be Solo or outdoor stuff?

Are you going to kill harder mobs? If you do, get it from dungeons.

That’s the sole problem with the small percentage of the players. Their “completion” of the game is strutting their gear in the face of others. Truth is, no one really cares what they have.

Definitely an ego problem.

3 Likes

To whom are you referring?

The people who cry any time players outside of high end raiding had titanforging or decent ilvl from content outside of their desired gameplay?

The same people that cry their eyes out when they might have to do something outside of their preferred gameplay to min/max?

The same people are perfectly fine with forcing their playstyle on others as the only means to progress decently?

Who could it be!

2 Likes